Xiaomi Redmi 3 announced

I forgot to cancel my order and it has been shipped. There is no cancellation option once the product has been shipped.

Any idea what I should do?
Should I just refuse to accept the product once the FedEx guy calls to deliver?

I don't know about you but I personally wouldn't feel okay rejecting the package for reasons caused by myself. :/ So what exactly happened? Why did you change your mind after ordering it? Its not a bad phone.

I forgot to cancel my order and it has been shipped. There is no cancellation option once the product has been shipped.

Any idea what I should do?
Should I just refuse to accept the product once the FedEx guy calls to deliver?
Try chatting with customer care. Explain your position (tell them you're a student and broke). They may redirect the package before it is delivered to you.

I don't know about you but I personally wouldn't feel okay rejecting the package for reasons caused by myself. :/ So what exactly happened? Why did you change your mind after ordering it? Its not a bad phone.
The 32GB version of the phone was made available after I bought the phone.

So I was searching for the Note 3 sale and couldn't find the "rare" 32GB Gold color variant by directly searching. I flipped through pages and pages when I accidentally clicked on 91mobiles and it sent me to Amazon. And there was the Redmi Note 3 32GB in Gold for a price of 12k. Sold by Cloudtail and Fulfilled by Amazon.
Disclaimer: this is most likely an affiliated link.

http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...93325734|wap_detail|27065|553|G!-T!1460182182

So I was searching for the Note 3 sale and couldn't find the "rare" 32GB Gold color variant by directly searching. I flipped through pages and pages when I accidentally clicked on 91mobiles and it sent me to Amazon. And there was the Redmi Note 3 32GB in Gold for a price of 12k. Sold by Cloudtail and Fulfilled by Amazon.
Disclaimer: this is most likely an affiliated link.

http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...93325734|wap_detail|27065|553|G!-T!1460182182
When I go there I don't see button to add it in cart so this maybe glitch that it's showing in stock

I just added it from my phone. But may not be able to check out due to payment gateway support problem in my phone.
COD applicable.

Last edited:
My question about this phone - Due to Hybrid SIM Technology - If any one want to use Micro SD Card which one is true below ?

1. Micro SIM + Micro SD = Possible ?
2. Nano SIM + Micro SD = Possible ?
3. Or Both ?

Any owner or experienced people please Answer....
Thanks.

I haven't tried it out, but as far as I can see, it would allow

Micro SIM (Slot 1) + Nano SIM (Slot 2)
Micro SIM (Slot 1) + Micro SD (Slot 2)

Slot 2 is where the SIM / Micro SD action is.

My question about this phone - Due to Hybrid SIM Technology - If any one want to use Micro SD Card which one is true below ?

1. Micro SIM + Micro SD = Possible ?
2. Nano SIM + Micro SD = Possible ?
3. Or Both ?

Any owner or experienced people please Answer....
Thanks.
Nano SIM(you have to remove outer covering of the Nano SIM and keep only the golden coloured chip part) + Micro SD is possible. Saw a thread in the MIUI forum regarding this and there is some video on Youtube also.

Is this Redmi Note 3 is a problematic Phone ? Is this one 'Made In India' ?

Asking this as there are plenty of 'Verified Purchase' of Negative Review at Amazon IN where buyer are complaining about different types of issue and their comments are not noob type.

1.Boot Loop
2.Sim Detection Problem
3.Battery Charging Problem
4.Sensor Problem
5.Software Issue
6.Heating Issue

Any one here purchased the phone from Amazon and got OK with it ?

- Looks Like when Mi start producing 'Make In India' there quality goes down.

Even Some People blaming 'Geeky Ranjit' as he rate the phone very high.

Last edited:
Not all variants of this model are "Made in India" AFAIK. My understanding is that the 2 GB versions are made in India and 3 GB versions (at least in the initial batches were imported whole)

Secondly, I hardly think that phrase means what it should. My understanding is that they don't build it from scratch like in Chinese factories. They import the finished hardware in pieces instead of whole and assemble and package it here. Even before the "Make in India" fiasco, this was becoming common since apparently, the import costs would come down that way and now, they get even more advantages to boot.

My 2GB Gold variant had the Made in India label and it has no issues so far. There was one software bug that prevented the phone from switching on the display when the finger print scanner is used. The same bug also affected the flip cover functionality. So when you open the cover, the screen will flicker and go blank again and you would required to pressed the button manually to switch on the screen. This issue has been addressed in the latest builds.

1.Boot Loop
2.Sim Detection Problem
3.Battery Charging Problem
4.Sensor Problem
5.Software Issue
6.Heating Issue

Any one here purchased the phone from Amazon and got OK with it ?

- Looks Like when Mi start producing 'Make In India' there quality goes down.

Simply put, the quality control seems to be poor, few got the phones without sim card tray!

Regarding heating I hope people are not charging and playing game at same time. The charger is 2a charger and the phone gets warm while charging which is normal and not a issue.

It's a decent phone for price minus camera but it seems there are too many lemon out there.

Anyway le eco le2 will be out soon and reviewer/people will move on to next new thing, no point blaming reviewers.

Even Some People blaming 'Geeky Ranjit' as he rate the phone very high.
For the record you can't simply blame a reviewer unless he is really biased with his opinion of the product.
The question which you should ask yourself is:
Did he buy the product? If yes he must have been lucky to get one without any problem. Most often people tend to be this.
or was it a review sample? If yes its possible that Xiaomi might have sent him a perfectly made piece. Many companies do this with review samples.
Anyway fact is Indians have a habit of creating a mountain out of a molehill. Many people rated 1/5 to Note 3/Cloudtail/Amazon just because they couldn't get the phone during the sale. I mean seriously? Idiots will always be idiots.

Back