Xiaomi Redmi 3s, Redmi 3s Prime launched

PoBoy

Skilled
http://www.bgr.in/news/xiaomi-redmi...a-price-specifications-and-first-impressions/

It comes in two variants – a 16GB version that comes with 2GB of RAM and a 32GB version that comes with 3GB of RAM, which is called the Redmi 3s Prime. The Redmi 3s is priced at Rs 6,999 while the Redmi 3s Prime costs Rs 8,999.
Apart from the differences in the RAM, internal storage and the presence of fingerprint scanner, both the Redmi 3s variants are the same. They come with a new Snapdragon 430 SoC that comes with eight Cortex A53 cores clocked at 1.4GHz. There is a 5-inch 720p display, which offers good viewing angles and decent color reproduction.
The interesting bit, however, is how much the Redmi 3s borrows from the Redmi Note 3. For instance, it has the same cameras — 13-megapixel rear and 5-megapixel front. There is also a 4,000-4,100mAh battery, which should offer even better performance than the Redmi Note 3, because of a smaller, lower resolution display.
... officially launched later this month.
Edit : Both the phones will be initially available on Mi.com and Flipkart through open sale. Redmi 3S Prime will be available starting August 9th 12 Noon onwards and Redmi 3S will be available starting from August 16th.

Last edited:
i4oQFB2.png

The Xiaomi Redmi 3S comes in Dark grey, Silver and Gold colors and is priced at Rs. 6,999 for the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage variant and the Redmi 3S Prime with 3GB RAM, 32GB storage and fingerprint sensor costs Rs. 8,999.

One can't use dual sim with MicroSD . :wtf:

Xiaomi Redmi 3S / Redmi 3S Prime specifications

• 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
  • Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 505 GPU
  • 2GB LPDDR3 RAM with 16GB (eMMC5.0) internal storage / 3GB LPDDR3 (eMMC5.1) RAM with 32GB internal storage expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
  • MIUI 7 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
  • Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
  • 13MP rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
  • 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
  • Dimensions: 139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5mm; Weight: 144g
  • Fingerprint sensor (Redmi 3S Prime), Infrared sensor
  • 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
  • 4000mAh / 4100mAh (typical) battery

Source: http://www.fonearena.com/blog/19317...rime-launched-in-india-starts-at-rs-6999.html

Last edited:
i4oQFB2.png

The Xiaomi Redmi 3S comes in Dark grey, Silver and Gold colors and is priced at Rs. 6,999 for the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage variant and the Redmi 3S Prime with 3GB RAM, 32GB storage and fingerprint sensor costs Rs. 8,999.

Xiaomi Redmi 3S / Redmi 3S Prime specifications

• 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
  • Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 505 GPU
  • 2GB LPDDR3 RAM with 16GB (eMMC5.0) internal storage / 3GB LPDDR3 (eMMC5.1) RAM with 32GB internal storage expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
  • MIUI 7 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
  • Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
  • 13MP rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
  • 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
  • Dimensions: 139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5mm; Weight: 144g
  • Fingerprint sensor (Redmi 3S Prime), Infrared sensor
  • 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
  • 4000mAh / 4100mAh (typical) battery

Source: http://www.fonearena.com/blog/19317...rime-launched-in-india-starts-at-rs-6999.html

Wow, Good phone at the price of ₹7k.
Looks like Xiaomi gave all basic required features with this phone. It has a Bigger battery, comes with Marshmallow update, appropriate screen size of 5 inches and good looking.
Camera quality is doubtful though. I heard Mi phones don't perform well in low light photography.

Wish Xiaomi offered a option for "stock" Android instead of MIUI.

(still) Using Moto G1, doubt I'll ever move to non-stock. G4 Plus for me most prob. Once I get a definite answer to the alleged tinting and heating probs.

No Fingerprint sensor in the 7K redmi 3s.
Was excited till yesterday, but now it seems like a disappointment. Better VFM phones available.

Prime version should have been for 1k or 500 less, Not at all VFM at 9k price tag. May be they'll reduce in coming days.
Initially i hated MIUI, but day by day its improving but their decision of not upgrading OS is not at all cool though!

USP of this 7k phone over Redmi2 prime is definitely bigger battery, Improved cameras (Front camera of Rdp2 sucks) and that little increased screen portion.

Holy crap i bought one too seeing your post. I dont even need it ![DOUBLEPOST=1475437490][/DOUBLEPOST]Damn SBI rules:
  • The minimum cart amount to avail the discount is Rs.5,000 | The maximum discount that can be availed per card is Rs.1,750
This means all your collective purchase discounts can only be up to this amount. So you can buy 2x 3s primes. any other phone will subsequently have a lesser discount value than 10% (1750- discount amount already given). After buying the 3s prime, i have only Rs. 900 remaining on my card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap i bought one too seeing your post. I dont even need it ![DOUBLEPOST=1475437490][/DOUBLEPOST]Damn SBI rules:
  • The minimum cart amount to avail the discount is Rs.5,000 | The maximum discount that can be availed per card is Rs.1,750
This means all your collective purchase discounts can only be up to this amount. So you can buy 2x 3s primes. any other phone will subsequently have a lesser discount value than 10% (1750- discount amount already given). After buying the 3s prime, i have only Rs. 900 remaining on my card.
You can sell me for 7650+100 shipping if you want. I too have SBI card but FK wont send to Lucknow

The goddamn miui8 doesnt allow disabling of any system apps ! I can't even sign into my google acount without disabling hangouts first. seems you need to unlock the bootloader, install a recovery, root the phone in order to disable a friggin system app. not uninstall, just disable...

Ok, it gets worse. To unlock the bootloader, you need to apply to mi for 'permission' which could take up to 2-3 WEEKS !

This is effing ridiculous. All those wanting to buy the redmi 3s/prime please note the following:
  1. you cannot disable apps like google, hangouts etc if you upgrade to miui8
  2. if you want to root the phone, you may be in for a long wait and even then it may not work
  3. people happy using the phone with all built in bloatware and never rooting etc. go right ahead and buy this
It may be good hardware but xiaomi's procedures have left a bitter taste in my mouth. Never seen such a POS company before. And i thought motorola restrictions were bad...

Update: I got the sms today saying that my account has been granted permission to unlock. But now i get the 'couldn't verify device' error. Lot's of people have got this and i've tried the steps to sort it out but no dice.

It's just retarded how xiaomi makes you run around in circles for trivial things.

Update: I got the sms today saying that my account has been granted permission to unlock. But now i get the 'couldn't verify device' error. Lot's of people have got this and i've tried the steps to sort it out but no dice.

It's just retarded how xiaomi makes you run around in circles for trivial things.
It seems there is no end to these errors, i tried almost all the methods out there to solve the "couldnt verify device" error which comes at 50%

In case u find a solution let me know
The only method i havent tried it the hard reset method, search for it and post here if it works

Back