Video Xiaomi TV

We all know that Xiaomi sells Samsung, LG equivalent products at half the price. Why they do not do it with TVs ? There is Xiaomi's Mi TV 4A 32 inch smart TV for just 10K ( 1,099 Yuan ) in China. No sign of such products in India. If they do a 40 inch TV at the price of 20 -25 K matching their flagship, it's gonna sell like anything.

What's wrong with Xiaomi ? They don't want market share in TV or what ?

Me and one of my friends have been using the VU 40inch TV for almost 3 years now.. Still running without any issues (touch wood :angelic:)
Picture quality too is not that bad.. One can notice a difference only when kept side by side when comparing with premium brands like Samsung/LG..
I connect my PS4 and play both here (VU unit) and my home town (Samsung unit) and don't feel any difference at all..

We all know that Xiaomi sells Samsung, LG equivalent products at half the price. Why they do not do it with TVs ? There is Xiaomi's Mi TV 4A 32 inch smart TV for just 10K ( 1,099 Yuan ) in China. No sign of such products in India. If they do a 40 inch TV at the price of 20 -25 K matching their flagship, it's gonna sell like anything.

What's wrong with Xiaomi ? They don't want market share in TV or what ?

Its a logistical nightmare for them to import such huge TVs (and sell them at same cost as China), thats why they backed out.

If i am not wrong, they had promised to release them in 2015 in India, then they delayed the launch date to 2016 and we are in 2017 now, still no miTV in sight.

And the sad part is that, even the rumours of MiTV being launched in India have died.

Plus i guess in 2016 Manu Jain had said that they would be launching mi box in India to turn people's dumb TVs into smart tvs but that didnt happen either.

Xiaomi was heading into the right direction under Hugo Barra's supervision but now i guess the company has lost its mojo in India (imo).

I waited a long time to buy MiTV myself but i lost hope after waiting for so long and bought Vu 40inch Full HDTV for 20k and i am happy with the decision i made.

Edit : Forget about miTV, they didnt even launch Mi6 yet in India (which i am sure is not a logistical nightmare for them), they happily handed the upper-midrange market share to oneplus. Manu Jain is dumb as f.

Last edited:
Mi A1 has a made in India tag on its cover. Let's hope their production facility in India might take up production of Mi TV as well.

Back