Laptops Xps M1710

rahulhbk

Disciple
I'm planning to buy a laptop(XPS 1710 frm Dell) soon but i've no idea on how to import one from US. Can anyone help me out in this?? I can order the lappy and all but how do i get it here? Having someone send it means a thousand customs problems and i doubt they'll allow a high cost system in without giving me headaches...any ideas??:S :S

if you are still very keen...get the inspiron 9400 from Dell India...configure it with teh 7900GS and a Core 2 and what get is pretty much the same system as the XPS 1710 under the hood (and cheaper too)

though i'd suggest that you spare Dad of this huge expense..not worth it IMHO :p

superczar said:
if you are still very keen...get the inspiron 9400 from Dell India...configure it with teh 7900GS and a Core 2 and what get is pretty much the same system as the XPS 1710 under the hood (and cheaper too)
though i'd suggest that you spare Dad of this huge expense..not worth it IMHO :p

Same suggestion.

I dont feel it worth spending 3.5K$ when u can get it for cheap.

But a Dell XPS has its different Attitude and looks that make ppl droooooool.

I had gone crazy when i had see the XPS which chaos had.
Amazing had never seen a lappy like that , XPS has its style statement.

But burning a big hole in ur parents pocket aint suggested when same config is
available cheaper.

uh......guys XPS comes with a 7950GX2.... and there's a whole lotta more other config options too... though i suppose tht's mostly cuz i'm getting it in USA... Wut's more DELL has removed the 9400 model from their website and anyhow... last time i saw it there the starting price of the lappy was Rs.111000/- for a core 2 duo T5500 and ATI X1400 config with 1 GB RAM.... if i had to buy at tht price then i'm better of buyin one of the 15 inchers.... atleast i'll get something tht's worth the price... And yea....... XPS has its own class:eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

^^ you are confusing it with the 6400..the 9400 has a 7900GS option and it will come to ~90K with a T7200 and 7900GS.....

as for class, LOL, personal opinion but a 17" er can never look classy :p

here's something to chew upon meanwhile....:bleh:

No need to say sorry for wutever it is ur saying sorry for:bleh:

I know the diff b/w 6400 and 9400 sz... just go check out the dell site. They removed the 9400 frm the main list they have. its still there if u dig a little deeper but i stil dont' get a 7950GX2 :( Guess i'll have to make do with wut i get:( :(

unless someone caries it for u from the US it' no use..but if some one is carrying it ..or getting it..den dont worry at all about customs cauz as fas as i know acc to some govt. policy laptops brought from the US brand new/used dont have any customs duty.i am sure about this..so if u r planning or any close relative planning for a trip to US tell them to get it..if the laptop is really worth the money..cauz i still haven't seen the features\config...and looks like it' realy an expensive one.

I"m not INCLINED to spend that much. Its just that i found a lappy that costs that much for the gr8 performance. Since there's no way i can get it i'm settling for an Inspiron 9400 .... Just wish they atleast had upgraded it to the E1710... but wutever i get i guess

Here's the config for those interested -

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7200 (2.00GHz, 4MB L2 Cache, 667 MHz FSB)

Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005

Express Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium from XP Media Center Edition

17 inch UltraSharpâ„¢ Wide Screen UXGA Display with TrueLifeâ„¢

2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz

100GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive

8x CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability

256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7900 GS

90 Watt Spare AC Adapter

9-cell Primary Battery and 9-cell additional Lithium Ion Battery

Bluetooth adapter

And Some other stuff for a total of somewhere around Rs. 1,38,000/-

Any thoughts??:)

Oh and Inspiron and XPS are somewhere within $200-$300 difference of each other for nearly same config

Are you gonna be carrying that laptop around? If so, believe me its not fun to lug it around. I have a 17" XPS Gen2 and a 12" XPS 1210 and I prefer the latter over the former anyday just cos of the weight factor.

Not that much....most i'll do is take it to class once or twice a week. I rather go for a desktop any day actually.... The thing is its nearly impossible for me to keep one in my hostel... just not safe enough. And anywyz...i rather think carrying back home a lappy....even if it is a 17 incher... is much easier then a CPU:)

I still wish i could get a desktop.....:mad: :mad:

Back