Xtreamer India - Now on TE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Sumit, you are welcome ....

As discussed earlier as of today i have a list of 5 potential buyers who are interested in buying the E-trayz once it is available.

I feel more xtreamer users will come forward for the same once they have used the product and have a good experience with the same.

Dushie said:
Thanks Sumit, you are welcome ....

As discussed earlier as of today i have a list of 5 potential buyers who are interested in buying the E-trayz once it is available.
I am one of the 5. Maybe we should have a GO here and add the ones from HFV to this list.

For our valued customers who have bought Xtreamer from us:

eTRAYz will be available for Rs.8,440/-. This includes shipping charges of Blue Dart. We are not giving any break-up of product cost and shipping charges because some of our customers are not able to understand that Blue Dart courier is expensive specially for high value products.

This price is for only those customers who have bought Xtreamer from us before 01-Nov-2009. The regular price will be same as of Xtreamer, i.e., Rs.10,640/- including shipping charges.

If you think that price is slightly higher, this is because the discount is only on the product and not on three major components: shipping charges (from overseas to India), custom duty and local courier charges.

Hopefully, eTRAYz will be delivered at the doorstep of interested customers in 3rd week of November, 2009.

For pre-bookings, we are offering a discount of Rs.250/-. If you want to avail this offer, please deposit transfer Rs.8,190/- in our account as soon as possible. This offer is for for first 10 customers only so validity date is not mentioned.

Dear Xtreamer Owners,

Thank you for the good response for booking of eTRAYz. We got booking of more than 10 customers on 9th October evening itself. So, no more early-bird discount.

Some of our customers feel that the price is slightly higher than what they had expected.

If it so, it because of shipping charges, custom duty, local courier charges plus there are other administrative expenses. We also have to keep some provision for providing warranty replacement, sending back the defective product oversees, etc.

We are selling for Rs.7,790/- plus courier charges of Rs.590 (plus Blue Dart charges us 10.3% service tax, so total courier cost becomes Rs.650/-). Courier charges are high because we have an agreement with Blue Dart that for every damaged, misplaced unit, they will pay the full price of the product.

Our purpose is not make money in bringing eTRAYz for our Indian customers. We are more willing to get them their desired product more conveniently with India warranty.

If you feel that buying at Euro 59+20 is better for you, we have made an arrangement with Xtreamer Global, i.e., Xtreamer.net, that we will provide the serial numbers of all the units sold by us in India to Xtreamer Global and our Indian customers can buy eTRAYz at Euro 59+20 from Xtreamer.net by entering their product serial number at Xtreamer.net.

This shows our strong partnership with Xtreamer Global and our commitment towards our Indian customers.

However, we will not be able to provide warranty for products bought from Xtreamer.net and you will have to directly send the product to them in case you need warranty.

As per our calculation, if you buy directly from Xtreamer.net, the price including custom duty should be approximately Rs.6,860/- (Rs.5,609/- plus Rs.1,251/-)

Hope, this will help you in buying eTRAYz from your preferred option.

Warm Regards,

Xtreamer India

:yahoo: DIWALI offer only for TE members :yahoo:

Option-1: Free Shipping. Rs.9,990/- including shipping.

Option-2: Free HDMI Cable AND Optical Cable. Rs.9,990/- plus shipping charges of Rs.650/-. So for Rs.10,640/-, you get Xtreamer, 1.5m HDMI Cable and 1m Optical Cable.

This offer is for all purchases done on 12, 13 and 14 October. :clap:

Send us an email at india.sales@xtreamer.in mentioning your TE username to avail this offer.

This offer is strictly for 3 days so that you can have Xtreamely Happy Diwali with Xtreamer.

Please keep in mind that inter-bank online funds transfer may takes 2-24 hours. It means transfer done at 2:00PM might reach us our account next day noon and to avail this offer, the funds should be credited in our account on or before 14th October, 2009.

Dear sumit,
what are the major differences between xtreamer and
eTrayz ? Sorry for a noob ques.
I am planning to buy an xtreamer sud I wait for
eTrayz ??

Rgds,
som

Hello all,

A couple of more noob questions - I'm hoping you can help resolve the following:

1) I have movies stored on my pc. Can i play them through Xtreamer without having to copy them to an external hdd/ usb and then connect it to Xtreamer?

a) If yes, can i access movies/ folders/ my PC (literally!) directly from Xtreamer (using the remote control)? OR is that i need to open the movie on my PC and click PLAY and then wait for it to stream/ project on the LCD tv via Xtreamer

2) Can i stream LIVE football matches/ television shows/ content that does not air in India, from the Internet using Xtreamer? I can do this directly on the pc, but nothing like a 42" experience ;)!

a) If yes, can i do this directly from Xtreamer using the 'Net' option from the menu? OR do i need to go to my pc, type the URL and then wait for it to stream/ project on the LCD tv via Xtreamer

b) Do i need any additional software for this? Heard of something called TVersity but not sure if this is the correct use of it..

I believe the above two should be possible, but it would be great if i could get some confirmation/ comments..

Thanks a lot!

Cheers!

Hi Shiv
i have the xtreamer from last one month and it is working great.

1) I have movies stored on my pc. Can i play them through Xtreamer without having to copy them to an external hdd/ usb and then connect it to Xtreamer?

Yes , u can play them directly, i connect to my pc wirelessly and xtreamer is able to view the shared folder and play the media directly from there.

a) If yes, can i access movies/ folders/ my PC (literally!) directly from Xtreamer (using the remote control)? OR is that i need to open the movie on my PC and click PLAY and then wait for it to stream/ project on the LCD tv via Xtreamer

No need to do anything in pc, form xtreamer itself u can view the shared folder in pc along with the files, u select the file and play it from xtreamer itself.

2) Can i stream LIVE football matches/ television shows/ content that does not air in India, from the Internet using Xtreamer? I can do this directly on the pc, but nothing like a 42" experience ;)!
a) If yes, can i do this directly from Xtreamer using the 'Net' option from the menu? OR do i need to go to my pc, type the URL and then wait for it to stream/ project on the LCD tv via Xtreamer
b) Do i need any additional software for this? Heard of something called TVersity but not sure if this is the correct use of it..

For Question 2 the option may be there or may come in future releases i have not tried the same, with the latest firmware users have been able to view you tube videos and other stuff online in xtreamer itself

Dushie,

Many thanks for your reply.

Few more quick queries....

1) How do you share folders on Windows XP SP3?
Also, can you selectively share folders or even share an entire partition/ drive? Can you password protect shared folders? :huh:

2) What kind of wireless router are u using? At the moment i have MTNL Broadband connection but no router.. So tomorrow im going to purchase a wireless one.. Any recommendations for a good home use wireless router? I've seen this from Netgear - DG834G - Wireless-G Router with Built-in DSL Modem
It has ADSL slot so basically i won't need the MTNL modem if i purchase this..
But it would be good to have your views...

Sorry about the noob questions..

Thanks for your help.

cheers!

Got mine yesterday, super fast shipping :D ... havn't tried it out yet but was wondering if I'd be able to stream sd content over wifi using my 802.11b/g router ??

^^ I have had some success in streaming SD content with 11n router. HD content stutters. As per the xtreamer forum this issue will be solved with firmware version 2.0. So, waiting for that.

Couple of questions for folks already using one:

a) I guess 1080p is out of question, but does it handle 720p over wireless (g)?

b) How do you load srt/sub files? Also, does it allow for resyncing subtitles (e.g. +- subtitle delay)

720p is difficult even with draft n. My router is DIR-655. There will be intermittent delays and sometimes freezes. No such issues so far with wired connections or USB. I have used srt subtitle files with no issues. Yet to check the resync part but there are direct controls for that on the remote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back