Xtreamer India - Now on TE

Status
Not open for further replies.
dekruzader said:
@Dushie.. What is your firmware version and your wifi network setup? Just curious as I am having some issue.

The firmware version is 1.02,that's the default firmware my unit came with, i did not upgrade the same, as i am not playing any content from internet.

I am running it on a old linksys wrt 54g router,i am running the router in G mode, ensure you do not run in mixed mode as you can face issues,

The desktop is connected to the router through lan, and xtreamer through wireless.

shiv-e said:
Dushie,

Many thanks for your reply.

Few more quick queries....

1) How do you share folders on Windows XP SP3?
Also, can you selectively share folders or even share an entire partition/ drive? Can you password protect shared folders? :huh:

2) What kind of wireless router are u using? At the moment i have MTNL Broadband connection but no router.. So tomorrow im going to purchase a wireless one.. Any recommendations for a good home use wireless router? I've seen this from Netgear - DG834G - Wireless-G Router with Built-in DSL Modem
It has ADSL slot so basically i won't need the MTNL modem if i purchase this..
But it would be good to have your views...

Sorry about the noob questions..

Thanks for your help.

cheers!

1) How do you share folders on Windows XP SP3?
Also, can you selectively share folders or even share an entire partition/ drive? Can you password protect shared folders? :huh:

Please read the below links for help -
How to configure file sharing in Windows XP
Windows XP Professional File Sharing
Sharing Disks and Folders on Windows XP

2) What kind of wireless router are u using? At the moment i have MTNL Broadband connection but no router.. So tomorrow im going to purchase a wireless one.. Any recommendations for a good home use wireless router? I've seen this from Netgear - DG834G - Wireless-G Router with Built-in DSL Modem
It has ADSL slot so basically i won't need the MTNL modem if i purchase this..

I am using my old linksys WRT54 router and it seems to work great with that.
i have not faced any issues in streaming avi files also viewing content at 720p.

I have even tried sharing the dvd drive of my pc and it is able to read the disk in the dvd drive and play files from the same.

If you can afford gof or the latest linksys wireless n routers, sohuld cost under 3k and it is good,

eBay listing withdrawn

Today, was the day when eBay was supposed to transfer the funds to our bank account for the products we sold so far.

Instead of funds, we got 2 emails.

Email-1. "Your PaisaPay remittance is on hold"

Email-2. "Your PaisaPay registration is suspended"

Don't know how so many people are selling on eBay. :mad:

Till the time we get our funds, we will not be able to offer Xtreamer on eBay.

Xtreamer.India said:
eBay listing withdrawn

Today, was the day when eBay was supposed to transfer the funds to our bank account for the products we sold so far.

Hello ,

do Not Worry ,Please chat And Talk On Phone To Then Ask Them whats Wrong Get it Sorted Out ,even My KYC Compliance Time I Was Having such Issues ,Secondly i Would Like To Offer This Product To My customers in chandigarh Also Can You PM Me any Deal for That is you think Dealer Association is Possible .Do Not Worry About Ebay Just Talk Out With Them .Its Just Its Not That Friendly Like Te When Many Mods And Admins Are Eager To Help Us And Clients Both .

Thank you guys for your supportive messages. :)

Had online chat with someone on eBay this morning. He had just one answer that we must have violated paisapay agreement. He did not know more than that. He gave an email id where we sent email.

Also sent them mail through their online form.

Tomorrow will speak to them.

Xtreamer.India said:
Thank you guys for your supportive messages. :)

Had online chat with someone on eBay this morning. He had just one answer that we must have violated paisapay agreement. He did not know more than that. He gave an email id where we sent email.

Also sent them mail through their online form.

Tomorrow will speak to them.

Yup ,

Read Some of The Emails Ebay And Paisapay Might Have send you you will find something for sure ,Ask Then what you have done and how can you rectify that

Xtreamer.India said:
eBay listing withdrawn

Wow this is terrible news ... hope the issue is resolved asap

We spoke to them on phone and also got an email with the same answers as told on the phone. Some parts of their email:

"As per the review by the team they have found that there was some Policy violation on your side and hence our concerned team had to come up with this decision."

whenever there is such violation the buyers get refunded for the amount that has been held. Hence you are requested to get in touch with the buyers and solve the issue amicably.

"you cannot sell your item from this user id."

What violation, they don't tell us. All we can think of is one of the buyer was comparing forums offer with eBay and willing to buy directly rather than through eBay and we responded and we saw it today that a line is there in buyer's question email "Do not respond to the sender if this message requests that you complete the transaction outside of eBay. This type of offer is against eBay policy, may be fraudulent, and is not covered by the eBay Buyer Protection Program".

This was the first experience of selling at eBay from anybody in our office and none of us knew that something like this could happen.

We put Xtreamer on eBay just to help those customers / forum members who wanted to buy through their credit cards. We were paying Rs.469.44 (4%+S.T.) to them for each product sold.

It was a bad experience over all.

What violation, they don't tell us. All we can think of is one of the buyer was comparing forums offer with eBay and willing to buy directly rather than through eBay and we responded and we saw it today that a line is there in buyer's question email ]"Do not respond to the sender if this message requests that you complete the transaction outside of eBay. This type of offer is against eBay policy, may be fraudulent, and is not covered by the eBay Buyer Protection Program".
Thats it. You cannot give ur contact details thru the ebay message system. They have some sort of tracking software which picks out contact details in seller's message or answers.

Have you shipped the items. If no, then there is not too much worries else contact their pr manager. I have his email somewhere.

Hope it sorts out.

just received my product..

tried connecting wireless but im getting this error:

ON: DHCP Not ready!!

Can anyone help with this? thanks.

FYI.. im using Linksys WRT120N and all other connections are working fine...

I just got my product from N.V. Trading. I must say that the process was very easy and they are highly professional. The product arrived by blue dart as promised and I'm going to have a great Diwali!

The player is fantastic. I used to play my AVI files through the USB connector on my Samsung/Philips player. Here are my observations...

1. The output quality of the Xtreamer blew me away! There is a marked difference in the video and audio quality of the same files.
2. The dvd players were unable to bus power my external USB disk. The Xtreamer powers it and I no longer require a power supply!
3. The device is extremely user friendly, boots fast, does not get warm and the fan is very quiet.
4. I have not seen a PCH or other device but I don't regret getting this one bit.

Any of you still wondering should just go get it.

shiv-e said:

Their Wireless setup is still very buggy.

Having the same issue setting it up with my Buffalo WRH-HP-G54 (Draft G) router ... had to enable SSID broadcast and remove the WPA/WEP security for it to work.

Thank you for your kind words regarding eBay.

They have released some of our payments and rest they have neither sent us nor refunded to the customers.

There is no free gift / discount offer going on and we do not have any plans for such offers in near future.

This wonderful product @Rs.10,640/- is itself an offer. :)

Regards.

shiv-e said:

I have the same problem. I think the newer firmware i.e 2.0 which releases soon should fix that. I guess we'll just have to wait and watch :(

BTW any news on the Etrayz? When is it launching and are you still taking pre-orders for the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back