Xtreamer India - Now on TE

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those on the latest firmware, how is the wireless playback of 1080p HD content over Wireless-G? I have a Linksys WRT54G2 wireless router.

1080p over wireless G is still no go, but I guess it's also due to the limitations of the G network itself. 720p play perfectly over my Buffalo WHR HP G54 network.

My luck with version 2.02 was mixed. 720p works perfectly but intermittently over a Draft N network. The speed as shown is around 85Mbps. The issue is that sometimes even avi files don't work. It just says buffering and then shuts down. I am still waiting for a possible fix.

dekruzader said:
My luck with version 2.02 was mixed. 720p works perfectly but intermittently over a Draft N network. The speed as shown is around 85Mbps. The issue is that sometimes even avi files don't work. It just says buffering and then shuts down. I am still waiting for a possible fix.

Not to worry 2.1 version is going to come out shortly so let's wait and watch :hap2:

thexfactor said:
^ I guess you're using windows, maybe you could try NFS instead of CIFS/SMB :huh:

Will NFS help? I am using Samba from my NAS box. Are you using NFS mounts? What beats me is that it works perfectly well at times with the current setup. :huh:

I used to have 720p movies hang up after 5-10mins of playback when on fw 1.x, moving to NFS helped me resolve this (on Win 7 using haneWIN NFS Server)

These days however, I use regular windows sharing since I've got a wired connection, was much cheaper than getting a N draft router just for 1080p movies, accessing files is as fast as accessing them off the internal HDD :)

Now the idea of using a wired connection is so much better than the wifi. But unfortunately, I can't get the wires into the TV room. :-( But, NFS is certainly something to try out.

Any idea whether a SMB mount point can also be shared as NFS exports in linux?

Bought the player from their site itsle and interested in picking up the eTrayz but the 59 euro offer is no more available and looks like not going to come back soon, how much its costing if i buy it from you.

tried playing funny people 1080p blue ray rip yesterday , player is skipping frames madly and blocks of distortion visible.

this is an issue i have with my xtreamer on 1080p content. might just be a bad unit - will try out a friends xtreamer and revert.

here are the file details..

---------------------------HDME Presents

Funny.People.2009.BluRay.1080p.DTS.x264.dxva-HDME

Encoder: HKR

General Information

Format: Matroska

Size: 11.8 GiB

Duration: 2h 32mn

Bitrate: 11.1 Mbps

Resolution: 1920x800px

Aspect: 2.40:1

Frame rate: 23.976 fps

IMDb: Funny People (2009)

Audio Tracks

1: English, DTS 1510 Kbps 6ch

----------------------------

encode settings:

Encode Settings

--------------------------------------------------------------

cabac=1 / ref=12 / deblock=1:-3:-3 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh /

subme=10 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.0:0.0 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=32 /

chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 /

chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=12 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 /

constrained_intra=0 / bframes=4 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=2 /

b_bias=0 / direct=3 / wpredb=0 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 /

scenecut=40 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=19.0 /

qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=50000 /

vbv_bufsize=50000 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyone played this one in their xtreamer?

long shot but feedback welcome...

Antenna is free from day 1 @9990/- + shipping. Later on we gave an option to those who think antenna is useless for them @8990/- + shipping charges.

Regards.

We have got eTRAYz but the quantity is limited. It is just enough for our customers who pre-booked it in the month of October. The next batch of eTRAYs is expected in January and we will keep you updated once we receive it. :)

Regards,

Xtreamer.India said:
We have got eTRAYz but the quantity is limited. It is just enough for our customers who pre-booked it in the month of October. The next batch of eTRAYs is expected in January and we will keep you updated once we receive it. :)

Regards,

Whats the price of eTrayz?

Great offer... Guys..grab it till it lasts... 3

xtreamer... sad that you are not listing on eaby any more as it would have made the deal even sweeter with ebay free gifts promotion going on and many people having 15% off coupon also......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back