Car & Bike Yamaha R15 Version 2 Launching Today

Re: new model r15 2011

^ R15 cant be compared to the CBR, they are in different categories, CBR is 50K more and makes 10 more Bhp, feels more like a big bike.

^^ yeah r15 cant be compared cbr250 is a better bike , all i was comparing was the looks

anywasy just booked my cbr 250 yesterday it a monster that i can buy and burn the roads , awesome

i think one should go for cbr as its better sports bike

"Reader of BikeAdvice, sent me this image of the supposedly all New 2011 Yamaha R15. It is claimed to have 22 PS of power, new Headlamps and LED tail Lamps, Split seats, New alloy wheel design, a revamped ECU, rear wheel hugger and an overall fresh look"

New 2011 Yamaha R15 India

JPL said:
"Reader of BikeAdvice, sent me this image of the supposedly all New 2011 Yamaha R15. It is claimed to have 22 PS of power, new Headlamps and LED tail Lamps, Split seats, New alloy wheel design, a revamped ECU, rear wheel hugger and an overall fresh look"

New 2011 Yamaha R15 India
That rear mudguard makes it absolutely ugly... :mad:

It is similar to the ugly unit on the Bajaj Pulsar 135... YUCK!!!

nehaladsul said:

Its removable, its only to protect the pillion from the water spray from the wheels in rainy season

nehaladsul said:

LOL, the rear mudguard unit is an original yamaha design and is same as yamaha R6, it was copied by bajaj for pulsar 135 :eek:hyeah:

I was a hater of first r15 model. yuck.

But this. is looking very good. I hated the rear of the old one. This one looks way better.

Actually they could have put in the old pulsar like mud flap. This one does look ugly.

The rear tyre hugger is not at all a "Executive Decision" for me, hehe, I just hope that the 22 psi is true. I'm not impressed by the r15 looks either, but once you ride it one may not bother with the looks. the more your ride the R15 the more you love it.

I am really hoping for the best... R15 or R125... anything will do... :)

I am still not able to figure out what is written after R on that bike.. My mind says its R25.... My dream will remain a dream if its a R25 just because its will be unaffordable at this point of time...

Attachments

• 2011-Yamaha-R15.jpg
    2011-Yamaha-R15.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 256

RS4 said:
LOL, the rear mudguard unit is an original yamaha design and is same as yamaha R6, it was copied by bajaj for pulsar 135 :eek:hyeah:
Original or not. Ugly doesn't become pretty just because of it being original!! :p

It might be utilitarian but whoever said that every bike sold in India has to be utilitarian in looks as well?? Look at the CBR250R... Awesome is all I can utter!!

nehaladsul said:
Original or not. Ugly doesn't become pretty just because of it being original!! :p

It might be utilitarian but whoever said that every bike sold in India has to be utilitarian in looks as well?? Look at the CBR250R... Awesome is all I can utter!!
All the manufacturers in sports/superbike category are using that kind of rear mudguard whether its yamaha R6,R1 or honda CBR600,1000. the honda CBR250 is based on honda vfr series like a sports cruiser and not on actual superbike design.And i prefer this kind of mudguard which looks sporty, but others who dont like it may remove it in the showroom itself :cool2:

latest news : The Spy Photo of the 2011 Yamaha R15 has been removed following the request from Yamaha. Yamaha declines to comment on the speculation and remains silent about the launch date which is rumored to be on June 14th 2011.

Back