Car & Bike Yamaha R15 Version 2 Launching Today

Saiyan said:
^good for you na, don't need feel bad that the newer R15 performs better :lol:

Having used mine for over a year, its time for Joel's mods as and when I get the money - better ECU, programmable fuel map, custom air filter and exhaust, launch control, flat shifts, 12k rpm limit and a 165cc big bore. These guys would put Yamaha (in fact, have) to shame! :p

Re: new model r15 2011

Freaky said:
Dig up on the Honda NSR 150cc and you'd know :|

Went through the power specs just now - Idiots did not even bother to change anything :mad:

Isn't NSR was 2 stroke ?

One of the first customer's pics.

[attachment=9614:16374.attach]

Attachments

• Yamaha R15 V2 Photos Sunset Red (1).jpg
    Yamaha R15 V2 Photos Sunset Red (1).jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,014
  • Yamaha R15 V2 Photos Sunset Red (2).jpg
    Yamaha R15 V2 Photos Sunset Red (2).jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,063
  • Yamaha R15 V2 Photos Sunset Red (3).jpg
    Yamaha R15 V2 Photos Sunset Red (3).jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 2,393
  • Yamaha R15 V2 Photos Sunset Red (4).jpg
    Yamaha R15 V2 Photos Sunset Red (4).jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 494
  • Yamaha R15 V2 Photos Sunset Red (5).jpg
    Yamaha R15 V2 Photos Sunset Red (5).jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 686
  • Yamaha R15 V2 Photos Sunset Red (6).jpg
    Yamaha R15 V2 Photos Sunset Red (6).jpg
    72 KB · Views: 334
If you want for long rides : CBR250R

If for city rides or racing ;) : Yamaha R15 V2

But depends, coz one is 250cc and other is 150cc..Different segments altogether

Only reason for getting the CBR would be ABS.
chiragsthakur said:

Actually the riding posture of the R15 is way more comfortable and the torque at higher RPMs make it more suited for long drives.

chiragsthakur said:
One is a modeled to be a racing bike and the other is more of a sporty tourer.

I'd suggest test driving both.

chiragsthakur said:

what is expected street price of r15 v2 in mumbai?

i kind of like the looks of cbr250r, plus r15 original felt too small for my liking :/

i may not upgrade at all from HH Hunk if it is R15 v2 unless the performance is marginal.

Current riding conditions are city but I would definitely ride longer after upgrade.

I did ride r15 once and i could not enjoy as im not very used to the riding position. Will have to borrow to know I suppose :p

I am leaning toward cbr250r and would like to know drawbacks if any.. also alternatives I can consider.

I was considering RE for a long time uptil last month. I got uncle's bull for a week to try..and it was fun for that much period of time only.. I can not give up leaning on the curved roads for now so RE is pushed for the retirement plan now :p

My requirement is power, no willies no stunts, just fast speed and smooth handling.

I contacted yamaha motors here in vikhroli. They said 1.24 L on road here in mumbai. Thats too much for a 150cc mil.. I was thinking of buying it as well, but the price tag took it away from me. If you need power and comfort I suggest you get CBR250R (with ABS /without ABS - again a personal choice IMO)

Believe me, a tourer (CBR250R) is indeed a tourer, so its riding position is good to travel long distances. Personally I have tested old R15, cutting corners is easy with it, engine is really smooth.. Never tested a CBR250R though.. If you want hands on review, you may PM kauzy for it. He has CBR250R... I would suggest you to take a test drive..

But I have met you personally before and I think Yamaha R15 V2 will suit you, it is indeed fast and smooth, no vibrations at 110kph, didnt try to go above it... depends on you, if you want more power, you should go for a 250cc engine...Speed will follow it with smooth handling, its Honda ofcourse....

Yamaha R15 V2 should have been priced a little close to 1.10L on road and it would have been a perfect take... Many R15 owners would kill me coz of my comments.. But its price thats what I am comparing, no doubt, R15 is a damn good bike...

chiragsthakur said:
I contacted yamaha motors here in vikhroli. They said 1.24 L on road here in mumbai. Thats too much for a 150cc mil.. I was thinking of buying it as well, but the price tag took it away from me. If you need power and comfort I suggest you get CBR250R (with ABS /without ABS - again a personal choice IMO)

Believe me, a tourer (CBR250R) is indeed a tourer, so its riding position is good to travel long distances. Personally I have tested old R15, cutting corners is easy with it, engine is really smooth.. Never tested a CBR250R though.. If you want hands on review, you may PM kauzy for it. He has CBR250R... I would suggest you to take a test drive..

But I have met you personally before and I think Yamaha R15 V2 will suit you, it is indeed fast and smooth, no vibrations at 110kph, didnt try to go above it... depends on you, if you want more power, you should go for a 250cc engine...Speed will follow it with smooth handling, its Honda ofcourse....

Yamaha R15 V2 should have been priced a little close to 1.10L on road and it would have been a perfect take... Many R15 owners would kill me coz of my comments.. But its price thats what I am comparing, no doubt, R15 is a damn good bike...

yup even I feel a bit skeptical about spending 1.2L on a 150cc ride, but that is with respect to limited knowledge i have regarding the concerned topic and machines..need to educate myself before diwali :p

I am taking a test ride of cbr250r today if time permits...else weekend it would be.

Ah! Didn't know you were coming from the hunk, it'll be a little hard for you to accept the R15 as an 'upgrade'.

madnav said:
need to educate myself before diwali :p

[Ownership Thread]: Yamaha YZF-R15 - xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community

[Ownership Thread]: Yamaha YZF-R15 version 2.0 - xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community

[Ownership Thread]: Honda CBR 250R - xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community

Change your board preferences to show 40 posts per page and skip the one liners and unimportant ones, you'll be all educated by diwali. =D

Back