yet another which netbook/notebook

This is for a friend of mine, he needs something to browse the net, watch movies(no HD stuff, normal torrents or 720p at the most) and a fair bit of programming. He plans to run linux only(arch mostly), going by his usage, should I recommend him a netbook? is it possible to get a netbook with 2GB RAM + 500GB hard disk over the counter? He is ready to spend upto 25-26k, but 20k+ and it will be hard to convince him for a netbook instead of a full fledged laptop.

He tried calling the MSI dealer in Bangalore for CR400x with the C2D t6600 proc, but the dealer said its not available at the moment. Any brand will do.

He is buying it in the next couple of days, so quick responses will be appreciated.

yeah that he will keep as a last option, one more thing I forgot to mention, portability/battery back up is not an issue. How is Samsung N220? I have been hearing good things about it.

Hi,

Look for something with Onboard Intel Graphics and also Check the Wifi Card before buying. Best would take Live CD of Ubuntu with you to test hardware comparability for linux.

Back