You broadband now offering FTTH plans up to 250mbps

swatkats

Skilled
YOU Broadband announced the 250 Mbps FTTH data plans for Coimbatore region only. The plan starts at Rs 2499 (including taxes) per month and comes with a massive 1500GB FUP limit. Post usage the speed drops down to 4Mbps. The company also offers a three-month plan with 5000 GB FUP which starts at Rs 7497.

YOU Broadband has 200 Mbps plan in the region as well which starts for Rs 1999 (including taxes) per month. This comes with 1200GB FUP limit and the post FUP speed once again is 4Mbps. The three-month plan offers extra 500GB bringing total to 4100GB and this starts at Rs 5997.

Dual Speed 200 Mbps Plan
In other regions, YOU Broadband has 200 Mbps plans. These regions are Ahmedabad, Aurangabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Gurgaon, Jaipur, Kakinada, Mumbai, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Navsari, Powai, Pune, Surat, Thane, Vadodara, Vapi, Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam.

The prices and Data FUPs of the 200Mbps plans vary from region to region. YOU Broadband is offering Download FUP limit from 200GB to as high as 1200GB. The post FUP speed is also 5 Mbps in certain regions.

The company has also introduced Data Rollover scheme as well. This means unused data from previous month can be brought forward to be used in the next month.

Coimbatore : https://youbroadband.in/broadbandplans/?city=coimbatore
Mumbai : https://youbroadband.in/broadbandplans/?city=mumbai
Chennai: https://youbroadband.in/broadbandplans/?city=chennai

78Mbps plans!!! Comes around 53paise/ GB.. :eek: @vivek.krishnan @adventureguy @bssunilreddy @vinukm

Hyderabad-YOU-78mbps.PNG

Last edited:
It has been more than a year I disconnected from them and moved to ACT. Very poor infrastructure and latency. Their CS is real pain. Hope they have improved now.

YOU BB is worst in my area.
Here ACT comes 1st then Excitel then Hathway then Excel etc...
I am using Hathway 50MBPS unlimited for Rs.700 incl tax.

YOU BB is worst in my area.
Here ACT comes 1st then Excitel then Hathway then Excel etc...
I am using Hathway 50MBPS unlimited for Rs.700 incl tax.
How is Hathway's service? They are offering 150mbps for 899 in my area, have gone ahead with Cherrinet now.

How is Hathway's service? They are offering 150mbps for 899 in my area, have gone ahead with Cherrinet now.
Hathway service has improved a lot and their updated plans are not displayed in their official website until now though they are giving 50 MBPS unlimited for 590 excl tax.

Hathway service has improved a lot and their updated plans are not displayed in their official website until now though they are giving 50 MBPS unlimited for 590 excl tax.

Hmm, maybe should have given them shot, but heard their reliability is suspect, anyways thanks.

YOU's service has improved a bit, not a lot to brag though! Since its been acquired by Vodafone.

Sales was very professional, insisting on cheque payments rather than cash. I have doubts on the bandwidth availability at all times and latency ... Its available on Docsis 3.1?

Hmm, maybe should have given them shot, but heard their reliability is suspect, anyways thanks.
I used Excitel for over an year and it's service is very good as their office is nearby and they come within minutes notice.

Now since I moved to another area I took Hathway as they we're offering good plans and here also their office is within a half km from my house.

I received more than half dozen calls regarding my satisfaction and latency factors from Hathway CC for the past week or so.

Still ACT isn't offering any unlimited plans, so their customer base is getting degraded day by day by both Excitel & Hathway subscriptions.

Regarding Reliance they have laid underground infrastructure for their upcoming BB 3 months ago in my area but not yet released any notices as such.

Regarding customer base in Hyderabad, the following ISPs have earned good remarks.

ACT- Hathway- Excitel- Excell- Pioneer- YOU- Airtel...local ISPs

Yeah, they are giving Unlimited hidden plans to counter competition. Can you post pics of your modems and speeds to US servers!!

Hathway 50MBPS unlimited is trash
After 20GB the speed gets limited to 2 MBPS.
There is no unlimited plans by Hathway.
They are just cheating customers.
Its not like Excitel which offers pure downloads with out FUP.
Have a look at this speedtest result taken just now:
[DOUBLEPOST=1523902013][/DOUBLEPOST]Have a look at my account once.

Never have I experienced such down time or FUP limit while using Excitel Broadband even it was running 24x365 continuously.

When I called the Hathway CC they are saying it's a binding issue which means since the modem is running for the past 24hours it's speed got reduced.

They are just giving stupid excuses.
7f5656acd0bafaea8d1d88bcbd486177.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1523902066][/DOUBLEPOST]Though it is showing 50Mbps speed in speedtest, its actually downloading at 2Mbps only.
Why such scam techniques employed by Hathway?
Aren't they actually cheating customers and there by losing customer base.

Again I spoke with Hathway CC and they are saying "As per TRAI rules, 20GB per day is given on 50Mbps plan and the speed gets reduced to 2Mbps later on.
Before they were giving me the new connection never they revealed me these FUP limits.
This is plain cheating.

I will not trust Hathway after this, downloading iso at full speed by what appears like file name resolution https://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/xtreme-traffic-shaping-by-hathway.186035/

Too many ISPs are giving high speed and not focusing on quality as much. I guess at least Excitel doesn't artificially do things as much. I'm happy that ISps are giving high FUP but it would be meaningless if overall experience falls, esp for people like me who don't use that much data. BTW ACT is also offering 100mbps for 799 with 500gb, 150mbps for 999 with 1TB in Delhi for what appears to be a limited period (until jio launch)..

I will not trust Hathway after this, downloading iso at full speed by what appears like file name resolution https://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/xtreme-traffic-shaping-by-hathway.186035/

Too many ISPs are giving high speed and not focusing on quality as much. I guess at least Excitel doesn't artificially do things as much. I'm happy that ISps are giving high FUP but it would be meaningless if overall experience falls, esp for people like me who don't use that much data. BTW ACT is also offering 100mbps for 799 with 500gb, 150mbps for 999 with 1TB in Delhi for what appears to be a limited period (until jio launch)..
At least ACT is delivering what it has promised until the FUP comes into play.

Excitel is delivering truly unlimited speed and Excell is giving 200GB FUP.

But here in the case of Hathway, they promise unlimited speed but setting 20GB limit per day.

So they should not advertise as unlimited 50mbps but should clearly explain about the day limit.
But they are deceiving the customers by advertising falsely.

This is pure cheating by any means.
And they are saying " As per TRAI rules"
This is just an excuse as TRAI did not set any such day limit rules.

This is pure cheating.

I told you... Never trust Hathway, Instead YOU BB is kinda better.. Since its now powered by Vodafone and they shall never compromise on Service Standards.

But here in the case of Hathway, they promise unlimited speed but setting 20GB limit per day.
Whatever they are offering should be clearly written and offered. Why all these gimmicks.

600GB/ month for 700+taxes is kinda reasonable if you ask me .. But then Daily limits are also plain stupid for wireline broadband.

NO ACT at your place?

Again I spoke with Hathway CC and they are saying "As per TRAI rules, 20GB per day is given on 50Mbps plan and the speed gets reduced to 2Mbps later on.
Before they were giving me the new connection never they revealed me these FUP limits.
This is plain cheating.
There is no such rule mate, Complain to TRAI. Give all your details and if you have any written response stating Daily FUP limits, Do attach it.

This is plain cheating.
Haha welcome to the club. :p
Tikona did this to me too. They revealed their FUP only later. When I confronted them regarding this they simply told me that all the "detailed" information were online and that I should've checked properly first. The leaflets and fliers and posters which they pasted everywhere in the locality didn't mention the FUP anywhere. Shady ****ers.

Hathway guy turned up yesterday.. Promising 40mbps truly unlimited. I asked him to give in writing from a company official Email id or as a letter.

He was hesitating and said ... what's your usage per month... I told its 700-800GB.. Then He's like we can't provide any guarantees and its really unlimited.....

All these fake unlimited providers!!!!! :mad::mad:

Whatever they are offering, Should be transparent... Will try the 78mbps 6TB plan by YOU broadband from June... 45paise/ GB. :D

Last edited:
OT:
Guys, I am on 200mbps You BB line and on TL-WR841N (300Mbps)Router. I am getting constant 70mbps+ in close vicinity of the device. Would the device be throttling any possible higher speed ?

OT:
Guys, I am on 200mbps You BB line and on TL-WR841N (300Mbps)Router. I am getting constant 70mbps+ in close vicinity of the device. Would the device be throttling any possible higher speed ?
Yes, looks like you have wifi-N mode router and mobile device which usually maxes out at 70 mbps. Try testing with LAN cable on a PC/laptop or get a wifi-AC router but your mobile device (phone or laptop) should also have AC mode wifi to get full 200 mbps speeds.

Back