You Broadband offers 100mbps up to 125Gb,2mbps post fup at 598/mo

Even if they give it to you for Rs.500 a month it's not worth it, unless you want internet only for 10 days in a month. Worst service I've ever used.

Am currently using ACT in Hyderabad.
60 Mbps / A-Max @ 1299 (125gb ) post 125gb its 3mbps unlimited.
Last night i got a leaflet from a hathway vendor which said 40mbps 100gb @ 650.
Here is the leaflet, Anybody has any idea about hathway ? Am currently located in Sriram Nagar colony,Kondapur

UiSwrkU.jpg

Above Hathway plan is for reals. 650+taxes.
But you would need your own modem for that + Installation charge of 550.

Thanks to ACT, these companies are literally out of business. Also tikona and rcom have shut down their broadband business.

I'd rate hathway a 2/5 compared to YOU which is 1/5, ACT 3/5 and Airtel 4/5
5/5 never exists! :p

I called hathaway number on leaflet and they mentioned free installation and free modem. I might change next month since one friend in lane beside me got it installed and its really good

The @sses at Hathway include your uploads aswell. So if you upload 50Gb and download another 50, you are done. Check with them if they still do that. I used them for 3 months and was not really satisfied.

I called hathaway number on leaflet and they mentioned free installation and free modem. I might change next month since one friend in lane beside me got it installed and its really good
Baigan. You have been mislead.. if all are free how are they making money.

You have to buy your own Docsis 3 modem. All they are doing is just installing wire at your place and leave.

Installation is 550 but 3/6/12 months subscription has free installation offer.

You have to buy your own Docsis 3 modem. All they are doing is just installing wire at your place and leave.

Free installation is if you are taking a 3month plan minimum I guess. I found the installation guys to be nice, friendly chaps. however the customer service guys know less than nothing. I would not go the You way or the Hathway way yet. I am sticking to beam.

If they have been taken over by Vodafone, then things might change. Connectivity is terrible with You.

Hathway, You & Airtel are having downtimes and their CC does not respond well which is why ACT is able stand ground inspite of them
Don't get offended but ACT is equally kachra now a days.
My connection was nearly 7 days down in the month of may. I managed to waiver for 7 days and 60mbps plan FREE for this month. Their CC is not reachable most of the times.

Finally have to agree they've gone the drain.

If they have been taken over by Vodafone, then things might change. Connectivity is terrible with You.
The amount you are saving will be spent on calls to customer care ;)

Don't get offended but ACT is equally kachra now a days.
My connection was nearly 7 days down in the month of may. I managed to waiver for 7 days and 60mbps plan FREE for this month. Their CC is not reachable most of the times.

Finally have to agree they've gone the drain.
The amount you are saving will be spent on calls to customer care ;)

One of my friends said the same thing about loss of connectivity in the Secbad area for a week. It was because of the rains and all. I was also told that they were not even answering calls. I have three ACT connections in three different areas of Hyderabad and thankfully, I haven't had connectivity issues yet.

As for You, I agree about the customer care thing!

Also i don't understand how are these companies Hathway,YOU,BSNL not even improving their services even though they have some fancy plans. Airtel on the other side cannot offer more than 8mbps.

ACT enjoys 74% hyderabad broadband market. Clear signs of monopoly in some areas.

Also i don't understand how are these companies Hathway,YOU,BSNL not even improving their services even though they have some fancy plans. Airtel on the other hand cannot offer more than 8mbps.

ACT enjoys 74% hyderabad broadband market. Clear signs of monopoly in some areas.

Colour me surprised too. After having been with ACT for a year, I thought the marked would be swamped with others providing the same service, but no one seems to come even close. At the very least we have ACT, the situation in Mumbai and Delhi is terrible. If you want highspeed internet (Read 10mbps) you have to go the MTNL way, and that is one path you would not want to tread on.

I have had my wire stolen so many times (they replace it free, but it takes 2 days) and numerous calls.

I don't know but guys in my area said installation is free. My friend beside my lane also got free installation.

ACT has installation charges but hathaway didn't so my friend went with hathaway

^ Kindly update us with your experience and let us know your location once you get Hathway.

Btw my area has 95% Beam monopoly :rage:

I have YOUBB here in Pune and the service is OK.
I am on 100 mbps plan and the speeds I get at are close to (50% to 80%) it most of the times.

The reason why I said service is OK is because all other ISPs are also at similar levels of availability.

So here's the best part..

I get a call from YOU hyderabad, Asking If i am willing to go for a better broadband experience. I asked what do they have to offer.

They came up with a 6 months + 1 month Free plan For 3,999. -- 100mbps 2TB FUP [285GB/month avg] >>> 2mbps after FUP, Free installation, modem etc. Works out to be 571/month inc GST.

I clearly told I get a no non-sense experience from ACT, Why should i use your ISP, they tell me YOU was acquired by Vodafone 2 months back and From the past month they're observing feedback from all customers, 90% have good experience without downtimes etc.

Bottom line: Can i go with them?? Present users comment.

Back