Your Gaming Backlog/Progress Report!

Completed Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2. Still continuing with it as need to complete the challenges to get a full 100% completion. Will load The Revelations DLC after that.

I have never ventured into a Castlevania game before... should I play this one?

My first Castlevania game was Lords of Shadow. If you want to start off with the series, completed Lords of Shadow first, followed by Mirror of Fate HD and then move onto Lords of Shadow 2. If you're a fan of hack-en-slash genre, then you'll love this series. The first game had beautiful locations, amazing boss fights and a good storyline. The sequel lacked a few things, but it was still a good game. Haven't played Mirror of Fate yet, so can't comment on it.

My first Castlevania game was Lords of Shadow. If you want to start off with the series, completed Lords of Shadow first, followed by Mirror of Fate HD and then move onto Lords of Shadow 2. If you're a fan of hack-en-slash genre, then you'll love this series. The first game had beautiful locations, amazing boss fights and a good storyline. The sequel lacked a few things, but it was still a good game. Haven't played Mirror of Fate yet, so can't comment on it.

Thanks for the detailed reply Ethan, appreciate it mate! I'm not into the entire hack and slash genre, I couldn't even play the GoW series on the PS3 so I don't know if I'll like this series. But will give it a try.

Honestly I've been off gaming mode for a few days now. I mean I do game but it's lesser as compared to the winter months. Summer months are cruel, after a full days work, I feel jaded when I return back home. Switching on the AC and listening to music or watching the T20 World Cup followed by a quiet dinner is more the liked routine now.

Last edited:
I'm not into the entire hack and slash genre, I couldn't even play the GoW series on the PS3 so I don't know if I'll like this series. But will give it a try.

Then I'd advise against it. Any other games you have to cross off your list?

Honestly I've been off gaming mode for a few days now. I mean I do game but it's lesser as compared to the winter months. Summer months are cruel, after a full days work, I feel jaded when I return back home. Switching on the AC and listening to music or watching the T20 World Cup followed by a quiet dinner is more the liked routine now.

Likewise! I barely game these days. The ones that I do complete, end up being a full 100% run, thus taking a substantially long time.

@Ethan_Hunt: I started with Thief but honestly wasn't getting drawn into the game as much as I would have liked to. Then the saving system started acting up a couple of days ago strangely enough and I quit after completing a total of four main missions and a bunch of pretty hackneyed side-missions. That's pretty much off the list. Haven't played anything after that. Also, the first Resistance on the PS3 I struck off... the graphics look very dampening. Need to still get done with the following games (the one's I have with me currently):

PS3:

Socom - Special Forces
GoldenEye 007: Reloaded
Resistance 2 & 3
Killzone 2 & 3
Shadows of the Damned
Dead to Rights: Retribution

To Buy: Beyond 2 Souls and Ni No Kuni

PC:

Prototype 2
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames (Bought it a while back, haven't gotten around to play it.)
Darkness II
Shadowrun Returns
Resident Evil: Revelations
Cryostasis (Yes... haven't played it yet!)
The Walking Dead: Season 2 (Episodes 1 & 2)

@Black_Hawk : You're options are really limited on the PS3 side. Shadows of the Damned is fun, in a horror/parody sort of way. Socom/Goldeneye/Dead to Rights = Skip. Resistance 2 & 3 are pretty average. Both Killzone's are very entertaining from an FPS fast paced action stand-point.

For PC, I'd say Cryostasis is quite atmospheric and a good horror title. Darkness II is again a pretty good game, but the original Darkness was better.

EDIT: Completed Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 DLC "Revelation". Started with Call of Duty: Bhoot.

EDIT 2: Bhoot complete.

EDIT 3: Started Thief.

Last edited:
@Black_Hawk : You're options are really limited on the PS3 side. Shadows of the Damned is fun, in a horror/parody sort of way. Socom/Goldeneye/Dead to Rights = Skip. Resistance 2 & 3 are pretty average. Both Killzone's are very entertaining from an FPS fast paced action stand-point.

For PC, I'd say Cryostasis is quite atmospheric and a good horror title. Darkness II is again a pretty good game, but the original Darkness was better.

EDIT: Completed Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 DLC "Revelation". Started with Call of Duty: Bhoot.

EDIT 2: Bhoot complete.

EDIT 3: Started Thief.
Dead space looked quite scary.

Long time, lots of FIFA 14, Some Child of Light but settling for a platinum run of Assassin's Creed II. Left it midway on Xbox 27/50 achievements.

Got Revelation, Brotherhood too off PSN have to finish it this time.

Spent a Sunday solely on AC2 40% trophies done.

Back