Your Gaming Backlog/Progress Report!

I've started the Blood and Wine DLC for Witcher 3. I thought Hearts of stone was very good but this is even better. This game just keeps getting better. I don't think I've had so much value in any game recently. This is coming from a person who isn't even an RPG fan.

I've started the Blood and Wine DLC for Witcher 3. I thought Hearts of stone was very good but this is even better. This game just keeps getting better. I don't think I've had so much value in any game recently. This is coming from a person who isn't even an RPG fan.
but you're so late to this heehe

but you're so late to this heehe
I know :). But as I mentioned I'm not a fan of RPGs and had left skyrim after 30 hrs or so. After playing Dragon age inquisition and hearing so much praise for this I was actually waiting for good price on the PS4 version.
But the GOTY edition never got down below 2k and I finally picked this for PC in a steam sale (399/-). And boy, what value I've got out of it. Now that I think even a 2k price was worth the content :p.
The side quests are so good if I compare to DA:I. Now I'm spoiled so much by the writing that I'll judge any other RPG I pick with this. (If I would've played DAI after witcher, I might've left it without finishing, the quests were so boring).

Completed Ryse son of rome.
Don't play this game if you want to remain sane. It has one of the worst & longest flawed QTE events in the gaming history.It occurs during climax The animation and the scene was superb (cinematic) but the qtes completely ruins it.

Completed Ryse son of rome.
Don't play this game if you want to remain sane. It has one of the worst & longest flawed QTE events in the gaming history.It occurs during climax The animation and the scene was superb (cinematic) but the qtes completely ruins it.
I hate QTEs in any games. Got really frustrated in Tomb raider and far cry 3 and left Heavenly sword halfway. What's worse is when the game takes you back and asks you to fight the boss again if you fail to press a single button:mad:. Vaas from FC3 was the worst where you had to listen to the definition of insanity again and again.

Agreed. Bad QTE implementation really dampens the fun while playing. Think when the developers go a little overboard and end up making the QTE events messy riddled with overtly random button presses, worse a terrible combination of multiple buttons... that's when things become increasingly frustrating,

I'm playing Detroit Become Human currently and this game has really well done QTE events so far, even a couple of mistakes and there is room left for forgiveness. This game has been brilliant so far.

Think when the developers go a little overboard and end up making the QTE events messy riddled with overtly random button presses, worse a terrible combination of multiple buttons... that's when things become increasingly frustrating,
Exactly. Guess the idea behind QTEs is to showcase a cool action sequence which isn't possible with the gameplay. But I'm only concentrating on when and where the next button prompt might appear and actually not watching or enjoying that sequence. So the whole point of it is lost.

Completed Detroit: Become Human.

Anyone who liked and enjoyed playing through games like Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls do give this a play-through.

Completed Unearthed Trail of Ibn Battuta - Episode 1
Trust me Don't play this game. I will post my views on steam. Please feel free to join the group.

Completed The Legend of Zelda, Breath of the Wild after 155 hours. My first Zelda game, first Nintendo game, was mighty impressed. The physics system is extremely impressive and so is the art design. One of the best open world implementations, truly nailed the urge to explore and find things on the map. This along with a very stable framerate even in handheld(except in one or two small areas) mode and consistent frametimes make it an absolute joy to play. And now the real test of Switch begins. How does it fare after Zelda. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is lined up, let's see.

Completed The Legend of Zelda, Breath of the Wild after 155 hours. My first Zelda game, first Nintendo game, was mighty impressed. The physics system is extremely impressive and so is the art design. One of the best open world implementations, truly nailed the urge to explore and find things on the map. This along with a very stable framerate even in handheld(except in one or two small areas) mode and consistent frametimes make it an absolute joy to play. And now the real test of Switch begins. How does it fare after Zelda. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is lined up, let's see.
when did you buy nintendo switch for how much?

Back