Your Gaming Backlog/Progress Report!

Finished Far Cry 5 a couple of weeks back. Far Cry 4 was the best though. The choppers are full OP in this game.

After that I started off with Ghost Recon Wildlands and boy what a huge single player campaign. If you are a fan of sniping outposts in FC5 undetected then this is the game for you...

I have already played for 70 odd hours and still a long way to go in terms of upgrades, side missions etc.

Finished Far Cry 5 a couple of weeks back. Far Cry 4 was the best though. The choppers are full OP in this game.

After that I started off with Ghost Recon Wildlands and boy what a huge single player campaign. If you are a fan of sniping outposts in FC5 undetected then this is the game for you...

I have already played for 70 odd hours and still a long way to go in terms of upgrades, side missions etc.
This is on the sigle player side? 70 hours plus?

Wow then I must get this game. Had played Sniper 4 and loved it. Is it similar?
Not too similar to Sniper 4 where you couldn't survive a frontal attack. If you go for all upgrades/resources/side quests then 70 hrs will sail through.
Funnily enough you have choppers here as well like FC5 but there are SAM(Surface to Air missile) sites all over the map which will cook your a** off if you don't master nape of the earth flying with 6-7 m altitude between hills. You also have massive bullet drop after 300 m without any aids and so its difficult to manage long range shots like Sniper 4.

Last edited:
Completed Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition. Enjoyable game. a great example of "what could have been". Canned and restarted multiple times under multiple directors, it shows in a lot of places. The writing and pacing is all over the place. The fight mechanics is bit iffy. Characters are decent, not great. To its credit, Square added a lot of content towards the end game, which made it a slightly better. The music is stellar, as one would expect from a numbered Final Fantasy title.

Special mention of the visuals. The game is extremely pretty, especially on Windows. If one has the hardware, running the game with all ultra settings, extra textures and all NVidia Gamework effects on make it one of the most visually striking experiences on PC. 4K/60 on this title is out of reach for even the 1080Ti, maybe the 20XX series will fare better. Also, the cinematics. Very high production value, as good as Blizzard level, makes you super hype watching them. Overall a pretty positive experience, if you have a decent PC this is a good experience for the money. Comes with all DLCs and for the recent sale prices of around 1500 it's a good buy.

Not too similar to Sniper 4 where you couldn't survive a frontal attack. If you go for all upgrades/resources/side quests then 70 hrs will sail through.
Funnily enough you have choppers here as well like FC5 but there are SAM(Surface to Air missile) sites all over the map which will cook your a** off if you don't master nape of the earth flying with 6-7 m altitude between hills. You also have massive bullet drop after 300 m without any aids and so its difficult to manage long range shots like Sniper 4.

Started playing Ghost reacon about 2 weeks back and its been great so far. I am playing it more like a sniper game and having the extra guys at hand to finish off 4 people in one shot is very entertaining. Thanks for the reco.

Finished Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Great game with deep battle mechanics and a table full of waifus. Good story and characters and decent music. Has quite a bit of a grind. Will move on to the DLC next.

Finally I finished far cry 3 last night. I know, I am a bit slow. started playing it when it was released.

Finished Rise of tomb raider on PS4.
Started slowly but really action packed second half during which I didn't feel like putting down the controller. Side missions are not engaging and did not feel like completing them.

Overall a 7/10 game with some nice shooting and simplistic storyline.

Started Crysis 1 again on my new RTX 2080 for nothing else but revenge as this game kicked my 8600 GT's a** during college days.

Now getting 70+ FPS on ultra settings.:pompus::pompus:

The first iterations of CryEngine were coded during a time when we were thick in the middle of GHz wars between Intel and AMD. A lot of effort went into coding for single threaded high frequency hardware. Game designers expected that in 5 years time we would touch 10Ghz. But that never happened, instead we expanded into more cores and parallel processing. That's why it is still very difficult to push Crysis to 100+ fps. Also some of the shadow and lighting effects were not very well coded.

The first iterations of CryEngine were coded during a time when we were thick in the middle of GHz wars between Intel and AMD. A lot of effort went into coding for single threaded high frequency hardware. Game designers expected that in 5 years time we would touch 10Ghz. But that never happened, instead we expanded into more cores and parallel processing. That's why it is still very difficult to push Crysis to 100+ fps. Also some of the shadow and lighting effects were not very well coded.
Yeah the Netburst bust.
I remember Crysis 1 making my jaws drop even in medium settings with the fidelity. It has held up well for a 10 year old game but compared to say Far Cry 5 or Ghost Recon Wildlands it ain't that great anymore in the graphics department. On top of that I have really forgotten about the F5/F8 quicksave/quick load stuff from the games of yesteryear.:p

But then again I remember the metro station from Max Payne on my cousin's PC which blew my mind when I was in junior school and turned me into a gaming nerd waiting anxiously for the day when I would be able to build my own tricked out rig. I saw that scene on youtube a couple of months back and it looked like sh**

Back