YouTube Premium & YouTube Music Premium

Discussion in 'Websites and Apps' started by puns, Mar 14, 2019.

1. puns

puns Well-Known Member
    Section Mod

Crazy_Eddy likes this.
  2. sandeepsachin

sandeepsachin Well-Known Member
    Adept

I can see a 3 month free subscription trial in the app for both services. Is that for everyone?
    And people are suggesting YouTube vanced as an alternative. Is that the same thing or just a modded APK

3. OP
    OP
    puns

puns Well-Known Member
    Section Mod

yes its for everyone.
    YT vanced is different. works for both rooted and non rooted devices. Havent tried it yet

4. 6pack

6pack Well-Known Member
    ex-Mod

I have seen Amazon Prime music have more artist albums than Youtube Music, or Spotify. Even the sound quality is quite good.

The one thing I don't like about YT Music is it has just normal song videos that we can see on YT itself. This is no different than a music video channel for the phone that plays constantly.
    Even sound quality is max 320Kbps I think. Nothing different till you get premium and can download only songs and do PIP/ split screen mode in android. Anyone who knows how to use youtube-dl can download just the required sound stream only from YT. Another problem is country blocks in some music. Lot of times I've got this song is blocked in your country in YT and such songs usually come in my music feed always. Whats the use of putting blocked playlists in my feed if I cant see those?

5. OP
    OP
    puns

puns Well-Known Member
    Section Mod

320 kbps should be good. Amazon music is 256 kbps aac. spotify is 320 kbps ogg but people rate amazon music to be better in SQ than spotify.
    YT has got a lot going for them in the price. background play, YT originals, download videos for offline etc.
    Issues with amazon music & spotify is catalogue missing with certain publishers.
    Might give it a go soon with the 3 months trial.

6. Futureized

Futureized Active Member
    Adept

7. 6pack

6pack Well-Known Member
    ex-Mod

Vanced requires root and not everybody's phone is rooted. Lots of banking apps check to see if phones are rooted and will not work if they see some apk signature. My SC Bank app wont work if i root the phone. Even that Cams app (for mutual funds) checks to see if phone is rooted. And if google feels like it they can mark that apk as harmful to the phone and keep bugging you. I've seen google mark kingroot and such rooting apps as harmful. They even removed Titanium backup recently for something small.

8. adventureguy

adventureguy Well-Known Member
    Veteran

^ theres a non root version of youtube vanced. I use it in my non rooted phone without any problem with banking apps

Futureized likes this.
  9. dissel

dissel Well-Known Member
    Adept

Spotify 320kbps only for Premium Accounts. For free it is 96kbps on app and 160 kbps ogg for desktop player.

Any list what are those YouTube Originals ?

Edit : Got the list.

#9 dissel, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    puns likes this.
  10. Futureized

Futureized Active Member
    Adept

I use trusted apps only...
    I have few banks on list, only using same via browser interface on lastpass ONLY.. (lastpass browser).
    Everything worked fine.

Did you meant Standard Chartered ?
    I dont use there services unsure..