youtubing as a hobby

psybronik

Disciple
Hi guys,
I am an mba graduate n planning to make gaming videos with commentary(hindi/english) and post it on youtube as a hobby.
I love gaming since i was 8 years old n have played a lott of games.
I have 2 xbox (phat and slim) and a ps3 super slim. I will be buying a new gaming pc soon and same will be using for video editing.

According to my research ill be needing one game capture card,a microphone and a video editing software. Apart from these thing i might also need a high speed internet with good upload speed ?? Isn't it? ? (Which company provides the best internet service in mumbai or shall i go for my local cable provider)

Please help me out here.
Any suggestions or help is most welcome.
Thank you.

A very good microphone and a quiet environment to record. If you have a fan..better switch to an AC. Just my experience on a audio clip I created.

A very good microphone and a quiet environment to record. If you have a fan..better switch to an AC. Just my experience on a audio clip I created.

Thanks jeri already noted these points.

Hauppauge has a dedicated video capture tool for gamers with microphone support. Works only with high end cards.
I'm thinking to go for el gato... its easy to use and has better over all performance

most of all you'll need a good internet, with awesomesauce upload speeds :) I personally like game play walk thru that are funny! (Vanossgaming,Markiplier etc) this has a fine future.
Godspeed!

most of all you'll need a good internet, with awesomesauce upload speeds :) I personally like game play walk thru that are funny! (Vanossgaming,Markiplier etc) this has a fine future.
Godspeed!
Thanks brother.. i will surely try to make it as funny as possible.
Do you suggest a local cable net or a broadband service from airtel,mtnl etc ??? Coz mtnl and airtel does not provide a good upload speed.

Secondly can i play games and edit video on the same pc efficiently ?? (If i have the necessary hardware? )

affordable high speed internet in our country is still a far cry! If you look at Airtel's FTHH plans & its price.. Pffft! its too damn high, best & cheap option would be local cable operators!(at least that's the case here in Bangalore)
I have no clue bout other ISPs upload speed, for the editing, you can do multitasking! Game & edit on the same rig! Yes i,e if you have the right hardware, say a Intel CPU with Hyper threading, & 16gigs of RAM!
Cheers!

affordable high speed internet in our country is still a far cry! If you look at Airtel's FTHH plans & its price.. Pffft! its too damn high, best & cheap option would be local cable operators!(at least that's the case here in Bangalore)
I have no clue bout other ISPs upload speed, for the editing, you can do multitasking! Game & edit on the same rig! Yes i,e if you have the right hardware, say a Intel CPU with Hyper threading, & 16gigs of RAM!
Cheers!
Thanks man ... helped me out a lott .
One last question .... can i buy original games ...record it and upload it on youtube without any copyright strike ????

Are you also planning on streaming yourself while playing? Just like those players that plays and streams themselves on twitch.

Then you may want to add some good gaming peripherals (like a branded one) so once you get a good enough traffic. The products you use will eventually sponsor you.

Also you need to display how invested you're as a gamer. A good shelf of games on the background is good. Also with additional figurines of your favorite games played. - Toys on display. :)

Not priority though. It just helps you create a more legit gamer persona. :)

Are you also planning on streaming yourself while playing? Just like those players that plays and streams themselves on twitch.

Then you may want to add some good gaming peripherals (like a branded one) so once you get a good enough traffic. The products you use will eventually sponsor you.

Also you need to display how invested you're as a gamer. A good shelf of games on the background is good. Also with additional figurines of your favorite games played. - Toys on display. :)

Not priority though. It just helps you create a more legit gamer persona. :)
Thats a usefull piece of information bro...thanks a lot i didn't thought about that...
Initially i'm just planning to upload gameplay footage with commentary. ..in future i will stream on twitch once i get a good subscriber base

Thats a usefull piece of information bro...thanks a lot i didn't thought about that...
Initially i'm just planning to upload gameplay footage with commentary. ..in future i will stream on twitch once i get a good subscriber base

Or Youtube uploads of selected fights.

I play world of warcraft... i watch a specific raid / fight on youtube from a renowned streamers (fight + a small screen for the person)

Check this out... I watch this if i need some fight mechanics studied. Just an example.

Or Youtube uploads of selected fights.

I play world of warcraft... i watch a specific raid / fight on youtube from a renowned streamers (fight + a small screen for the person)

Check this out... I watch this if i need some fight mechanics studied. Just an example.

Thanks bro ill check it out....
Thanks a ton

I know absolute zilch about these things (read: take with a pinch of salt), but why not start off with mobile phone gaming videos? That way, you'll gain some experience without breaking the bank & you could then use that experience to better set up a channel covering games that your interests lie in. Mobile gaming, of course, is a different audience. But probably a much wider one.

I know absolute zilch about these things (read: take with a pinch of salt), but why not start off with mobile phone gaming videos? That way, you'll gain some experience without breaking the bank & you could then use that experience to better set up a channel covering games that your interests lie in. Mobile gaming, of course, is a different audience. But probably a much wider one.
Yeah man... i have that in my todo list ;) thanks for the reply:happy:

Avoid Sega and Nintendo games and you're good to go. The only other cases where the Youtube Copyright Strikes are misused are by tiny indie developers that make shovelware and you give them a bad review. The gaming industry has turned around in the past few years and have realized that even playthroughs of their games is good publicity.

Advice:
1. As above, invest in a good mic and sound isolation. If you are including a face-cam, invest in a good webcam.
2. Don't let the haters get you down. If you're susceptible to negative feedback\trolling, disable your Youtube comments.
3. Stick with it even if you don't get views\subscribers. Those who make it big don't do so overnight.

Avoid Sega and Nintendo games and you're good to go. The only other cases where the Youtube Copyright Strikes are misused are by tiny indie developers that make shovelware and you give them a bad review. The gaming industry has turned around in the past few years and have realized that even playthroughs of their games is good publicity.

Advice:
1. As above, invest in a good mic and sound isolation. If you are including a face-cam, invest in a good webcam.
2. Don't let the haters get you down. If you're susceptible to negative feedback\trolling, disable your Youtube comments.
3. Stick with it even if you don't get views\subscribers. Those who make it big don't do so overnight.
Thanks a lott bro for that valuable feedback...ill add that to my NOTE.
However i didn't understood that "indie developer" part ?? Can you please explain it ?
And ya initially its going to be just a commentary (hindi english mix) and the gameplay ..no face cam..;)

Back