Budget Above 25K Z1 or G2

Hi All,
My priorities are
1. Screen/display quality
2. Audio output (headphone out)
3. Battery life
4. portable
I am inclined towards G2 for its better battery life (surfing) and thin frame bezel look while both sport same spec except camera. I hate the look of z1 which is similar like other xperia z series phones.

So which one is a better buy considering my priorities and also suggest the best deal out there for the same.
As far as I know , this is the best deal I got :-
Lg G2 32GB - 35k Flipkart using HSBC card / 16gb- 32999 Indiatimes
Sony Z1 - 33.8K ebay
Mods : Feel free to edit accordingly to the format.

Last edited:
Well done that and yet i am not satisfied . I must be doing something wrong . Any way i am not bothered about the camera quality .I seldom use it . On the other hand Video capture is good .

I dont think so . Got the same advise on other forum to no use . And I dont use any case at all , phone looks good naked ! Also cant cary a tripod in my right pocket ( just joking) , i think its a hardware issue otherwise they should better patch it up quickly . But as mentioned i am least bothered about the cam .
Put some pics on dropbox or flickr. A hw problem is possible but unlikely. I've seen this problem most often with indian users.

Video on the Z1 is much better than the Z. Did you notice the difference ?

Going naked with this phone isn't a good idea as you will scratch up the front & back anti-shatter film. The aluminium trim will also scratch. Then how good will you good looking phone be.

A cheap tpu with a screen protector is all you need to keep it pristine. Won't help against drops but your grip will be much better so chances are less. Thing is with gaming the phone will heat up quicker with these so a bumper is all you can use.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2467743

This is just one of the link , there are many more . Will have to search for the thread where i have actually posted myself .
Also agree that they may have released it without proper testing but i doubt the cam or the heating issue is programming related . And if yes then its about time they release a patch .
There is no 500 pg thread about this issue is there. I've seen that thread earlier. I guess those that are heavy into gaming face this more often. Slowing down takes away the advantage of a faster cpu.

When it comes to gaming i've never seen a good answer as to how much heating is acceptable. Or how long are you supposed to play.

I really doubt that i would get a replacement knowing their CC so well . Also it doesnt happen all the time . I think its heat releated , currently trying to find a pattern .
Since you play lots of games that's a possibility. But i don't expect screen to malfunction as a result. Besides the screen is the furthest away from the source of heat. The phone gets hot on the back not the front.

Read that at least 3 users that got replacements, in India. It takes some time to get but its possible. One guy said he got a replacement within a day.

Magnetic charging is better to use than opening up the port every day as the rubber seal will wear out over time. In some markets they provide the charging dock, over here they still have not got it even for the the Z. The water proof business is only so good as long as the seals on the flaps are tight.

Can more people give us the low down on the G2, otherwise this thread is going to look very one sided ?

Last edited:
Put some pics on dropbox or flickr. A hw problem is possible but unlikely. I've seen this problem most often with indian users.

Video on the Z1 is much better than the Z. Did you notice the difference ?
I will upload some pics tonight . Also video looks same on z and z1 . But viewing them on my HDTV and the z1 is the clear winner .

There is no 500 pg thread about this issue is there. I've seen that thread earlier. I guess those that are heavy into gaming face this more often. Slowing down takes away the advantage of a faster cpu.

When it comes to gaming i've never seen a good answer as to how much heating is acceptable. Or how long are you supposed to play.

Since you play lots of games that's a possibility. But i don't expect screen to malfunction as a result. Besides the screen is the furthest away from the source of heat. The phone gets hot on the back not the front.

Read that at least 3 users that got replacements, in India. It takes some time to get but its possible. One guy said he got a replacement within a day.
I must admin i over exaggerated when i said that there are over 500 pages . But there are many similar threads . I am also not much into gaming . The only Heavy game i played was plants vs Zombies 2 . And some regular games like chess or Cards . Heating issue is there even while browsing . Say 10-15mins continuous browsing over 3g or wifi will heat up the devise . All other devises which i have used earlier use to heat up for similar tasks but not to this extent , not even my old Xperia z .I think the CPU is running at max frequency even for mundane tasks .
Regarding the flap , i think it will last . Same as was the case in XZ . Today the sony PC suite is showing new firmware available for my xperia z1 14.2.A.1.136 . I will update it once i return from office .

Heating issue is there even while browsing . Say 10-15mins continuous browsing over 3g or wifi will heat up the devise . All other devises which i have used earlier use to heat up for similar tasks but not to this extent , not even my old Xperia z .I think the CPU is running at max frequency even for mundane tasks .
Does a custom kernel help here or simpler just set maxfreq to be slower and you're done.

Why should you do it you ask ? this is a phone that is sold as running at this freq. if sony issues a fix then it will also do the same. So they are playing the specs game like very body else.

One phone I noticed that heated up a lot was the s4, just taking a little video and i was surprised how hot it got. This was soon after launch so things may have improved. This was one phone that has numerous updates and problems subsided but never entirely really went away. The note 3 with a different cpu has none of the problems that plagued the s4.

Today the sony PC suite is showing new firmware available for my xperia z1 14.2.A.1.136 . I will update it once i return from office .
Some people mentioned trouble with 2G networks with this new update.

Back