ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

"Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped."

Been getting this error since noon today. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling, clearing data/cache, linking/de-linking to SD card but it still persists. The error shows as soon as i launch the app. Some pointers please to get over this issue.

Created some Flashable Slash Screens...

Black

XxbGt.jpg

CM10

cYUrZ.jpg

Cyan

KdQeL.jpg

JB

p7hkB.jpg

Thinking of getting a new XCD35 just because of the sheer number of mods available. As i was unable to get a good deal for the desire Z humm will made a thread on Mobile buy.

Have a query regarding my ZTE blade. It has an ICS rom on it. It is CM9 konstaKANG rom. I was planning to use it as a wifi hotspot device but to my surprise when I went to

Settings -> Wireless and Networks -> More -> tethering

I see only USB tethering (which is grayed out because phone is not connected to laptop via USB) and Bluetooth tethering. Now I don't remember how we used to setup wifi hotspot but I believe it should be here only.

Is there a problem with this rom ? I am not sure how I should enable wifi tethering on this ?
I am ok with changing the rom, just want wifi tethering feature.

Bumping this thread after a long time. I just flashed KonstaT's CM10.1 and it makes me so damn happy that this modest little phone that taught me the ropes of Android is still up and running on the latest and greatest Android version. For a phone that officially came out on Eclair, it has seen 7 iterations of Android thanks to the awesome dev support (especially KonstaT, wbaw, burstlam and Tilal) that the Blade has had. Besides than the HD2, this is perhaps the most successful phone in terms of Android development?

^^ True !

I passed on my XCD35 to my sis and its running flawlessly on CM10.1. Even today when i do occasionally play around with the phone, it never ceases to amaze me. The cherry on the icing was getting HWA to work for both CM9 and CM10. Hats off really to all the developers who worked on the Blade/XCD 35 and answered so many downright stupid questions in the process!

@logistopath

I saw your post in the everyday show off thread. I still have my ZTE Blade and is on some ROM i am not sure about. FM does not work in the one i have got. Some ICS ROM i guess. Can you give some details about what ROM you have put and how to install it ? Can you give short info on how to get it installed ? I seem to have forgot android related stuff and everything since the time i started using iOS. :arghh:
I hope i don't have to do any sort of complex ex-FAT and whatever that is formatting. Just want to do the simple install if possible.
I am sure last time i had installed ICS i had some sort of 1 shot installation which did all the formatting and also installing the ROM.

Edit: Read the modaco post and it is written that i need to have the 160 MB partition. How do i find out how much partition current is ? I believe i am fine but still want to cross check. Any android app to download to check this.

PS: I think i should not give up android entirely as you never know when the tide might turn and i would ditch iOS :p[DOUBLEPOST=1365094219][/DOUBLEPOST]To add...i just started my ZTE Blade and went to about phone to see what version it is currently. It is 4.0.4 and cynagonmod build by KonstaKANG.
Then i went to partition info and saw this...

/system
131 MB / 138 MB

/data
245 MB / 316 MB

/cache
1.20 MB / 2.00 MB

In this case i believe i will need to resize the partition. How should i do this ?

Last edited by a moderator:
@raksrules: I had installed the 06/03 version of Konstat's CM 10.1 - Available in this thread here: http://www.modaco.com/topic/359832-devrom293-cyanogenmod-101-android-422/
The later versions of this ROM include the fully functional FM radio. I had to install the Effem app separately.

The only thing to take note of is that this ROM needs at least 160MB system partition. This is what I did:
1. My system partition was about 12o something MB. So I had to repartition using a TPT. For this I had to visit this page: http://amphoras.co.uk/index.php/downloads/blade-tpts . I downloaded the TPT corresponding to my blade's gen with the required partition space. In my case, my blade was Gen 1 (shipped by default with Eclair; Gen 2 shipped with Froyo). So I chose Gen1 to Gen 2 v10a, which had 160MB system partition size. I unzipped the file and got the folder named "image". I copied this folder to the SD card root.
2. Downloaded the ROM and gapps files from Konstat's thread, and copied both to the SD card.
3. Restarted mobile by holding power + volume up + menu buttons. This will flash the image and repartition. Once it is over, it will automatically reboot into Clockworkmod
4. Through clockworkmod, installed ROM first, and then Gapps.
5. Flashing is done. Now rebooted mobile again into clockworkmod, and then did all the wipes. Restarted.
6. Done.

If your system partition is already above 160MB, all you need to do is steps 4 to 6 only.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am pretty sure mine was the same as yours (Gen 1 bought from UK ebay) but i have already once used the wbaw TPT to make mine Gen 2 a long time back.
So can i again use the same TPT to flash the 160 MB Partition image and then go ahead with ROM installation ?

Finally. Installed the TPT to make the partition 160 MB. Also flashed to 10.1 ROM and gapps. Phone running now on JB.
It is so awesome to see this little phone come a long way. JB is working good on this phone (not iPhone smooth) and yes radio too is working which is so good. I would love to try this phone for few days but first i need to ensure that it can play my avi videos fine. As i am a heavy user of videos everyday.
Any good player you people recommend that i should install or default will play the avi files ?

Tried MX player and it did play the video but the frame rate was very low, the video was slow and audio too was okiesh. But unwatchable.
It was a normal MP4 video clip, 40 min in length and 720 x 404 resolution and yes video file size around 350 MB.
I will probably put this phone for sale on TE. How much to expect for a OLED ZTE Blade with 8GB MicroSD card.
I have the original charger (UK plug point) available but no cable.

Back