ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

cyanide911 said:
Would you recommend LG Optimus One or the Blade? Blade Pros: Rs 3k less, 0.3inch bigger screen, WVGA. Optimus pros: Warranty, Official Froyo+Gingerbread promised.
Blade Pros: Rs 3k less, 0.3inch bigger screen, WVGA.

Optimus pros: Warranty, Official Froyo+Gingerbread promised.

bold one's are the one's that really matter.

3.2" and 3.5".. one wouldn't really notice that big a difference. bt the resolution does. 2.5 times the pixel count is something one can notice with naked eyes; one look at the screen will make you fall in love.

as long as we are on 'falling in love'; aesthetically speaking blade is much sleeker and appealing than optimus one.

Warranty, i have stopped worrying much about this part. 1yr warranty is as good as none in general case. But i can understand how it can be a very important aspect for many.

Froyo and Gingerbread support.

It seems blade is getting official froyo; actually releasing with froyo in japan and the same can be used for other variant. In fact it is already in use for other variants. [ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS1 [2010-12-27] [OLED+TFT] - Android @ MoDaCo

Gingerblade :p maybe possible considering success of the device all over europe and now in asia (maybe late to crash party in asia, teaming with dell isn't the best thing for the product but is for the manufacturer :p )

forum support is strong over modaco and im not really expecting 2.3 for this. but i wont be too surprised if it does happen.

other specs are pretty much the same.

so blade stays at higher priority from my POV.

madnav said:
the cpu is 600MHz but comes with Qualcom Adreno gpu for Hardware Acceleration which makes it a sweet buy.
the optimization is not well on stock orange rom but there are custom 2.1 roms with good optimization of hardware acceleration. Froyo will just make it sweeter is what im saying :)

totally agreed !

@cyanide - i second what madnav says... if i would have to choose one of those two, i would go for the blade... the large pixel density indeed makes everything look beautiful.. everthing looks better from text to wallpapers... even if u dont oc/uv it, its got plenty of juice to get through everything u could throw at it...

For now, the Sebastian's R7 rom seems to be the best ROM for TFT phones.

The newer Froyo roms based on Japanese rom look impressive, someone tried them yet?

arun687 said:
For now, the Sebastian's R7 rom seems to be the best ROM for TFT phones.

The newer Froyo roms based on Japanese rom look impressive, someone tried them yet?
I am using the same. Also enabled Hardware Acceleration which seemed to be missing in Sebastian's Rom..

piyush7243 said:
I am using the same. Also enabled Hardware Acceleration which seemed to be missing in Sebastian's Rom..
can you do a quadrant bench and let us know?

also look under system info and tell the cpu and ahb clock speeds.

both are supposed to be overclocked.

madnav said:

3.2" and 3.5".. one wouldn't really notice that big a difference. bt the resolution does. 2.5 times the pixel count is something one can notice with naked eyes; one look at the screen will make you fall in love.

as long as we are on 'falling in love'; aesthetically speaking blade is much sleeker and appealing than optimus one.

Warranty, i have stopped worrying much about this part. 1yr warranty is as good as none in general case. But i can understand how it can be a very important aspect for many.

It seems blade is getting official froyo; actually releasing with froyo in japan and the same can be used for other variant. In fact it is already in use for other variants. [ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS1 [2010-12-27] [OLED+TFT] - Android @ MoDaCo

Gingerblade :p maybe possible considering success of the device all over europe and now in asia (maybe late to crash party in asia, teaming with dell isn't the best thing for the product but is for the manufacturer :p )

forum support is strong over modaco and im not really expecting 2.3 for this. but i wont be too surprised if it does happen.

here we go now...

official 2.2 over blade in a week

Next Wednesday,We will get a perfect ROM. - Android @ MoDaCo

madnav said:

I definitely agree with you. But I'm just skeptical about what to do if the blade develops a problem.

has anybody had such tough luck so as to face hardware issues with their SF? Mine has an issue it doesn't work indoors always shows no service , only works outdoors and at times shows no service there as well. Quite unlucky for me i guess ,anybody faced any similar issues ?

SoulFire said:
has anybody had such tough luck so as to face hardware issues with their SF? Mine has an issue it doesn't work indoors always shows no service , only works outdoors and at times shows no service there as well. Quite unlucky for me i guess ,anybody faced any similar issues ?
no such issues so far.

it is giving me better connectivity on docomo than what i used to get over spica or galaxy3. but these things can not be directly compared since network coverage might have improved for docomo.

im using Japanese JellyFish froyo rom so far with A2SD and im lovin it so far.

Asphalt 5 HD runs as good as it used to over wave 8500.

many other games workin fine.

Quadrant score = 961 for non overclocked version.

UPDATE:

Turned off Stagefright. Stagefright are a new set of media decoders in 2.2 but they are broken in our release which is why it doubles the Quadrant Scores. It doesn't make the phone faster, just the benchmarks and it's just a illusion.

well.. :no:

I expect a stable Foryo to be released in a week. Then only I'll shift to it. As of now each day a new update is released. Presently very happy with deorangeated ROM.

Using Jellyfish for the last two days. No major problem so far - only once had a lockscreen freeze issue. But apart from that the ROM is quite stable. AFAIK the lockscreen freeze issue is there with all the Froyo versions.

Back