ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

Perfect. Time to try the latest build then. Will report back with the results.

BTW what kind of battery backup are you guys getting ? I am getting like 24hrs with moderate use. I still charge after every 12 hrs. Also is it only me or this phone charges very slowly ? My previous Dell Streak used to get charged fully in flat one hour.

Not sure about battery charging slow. To me, it looks the same. With CM7 N220, I'm noticing a definite improvement in battery life. What used to be about 36 hours of battery life for my usage, has now gone up to 48 hours many times; I now charge once every other day.

Oh yeah. I forgot about the proximity calibration thing in the new nightlies.

Mine charges pretty slowly initially, but after sometime it picks up pace. I think my phone charges from zero to 100 in 90 minutes or less. Use the battery calibration app after flashing a new ROM.

Finally moved to 7.1 (NB220 right ???)

Things are fine. Nothing really different. Calibrated the proximity sensor as well. Hoping that I don't see any black screens now. Used that battery app. Now waiting for the battery to discharge fully. (even cleared the battey stats from the recovery menu).

Fortunately got my bunch of screen protectors as well. Using the new silicon case as well. This cheap phone is really impressive. It does all that my Streak could do. Just in a little smaller dimension.

Now I can route my money to my new DSLR :p

Moved to CM7.1 (Nightly 222)

Great interface...

Preloaded live wallpaper made it a bit laggy in the beginning, but as soon as i removed the live wallpaper, the phone's working smooth..

Feel a bit of lag once i press the menu button, while it loads the menu screen.

Had to install the Google apps package separately for CM7.1 in order to get the market and other google apps.

Dont know why, but i am getting a better touch response once i have shifted to Nightly 222 ROM

Also, battery backup seems to improve slightly ..

will wait for the battery to drain out and then try battery calibration..

Will post the exact battery status after a few days ..

Vasishta.Sushant said:
Finally moved to 7.1 (NB220 right ???)

Things are fine. Nothing really different. Calibrated the proximity sensor as well. Hoping that I don't see any black screens now. Used that battery app. Now waiting for the battery to discharge fully. (even cleared the battey stats from the recovery menu).

Fortunately got my bunch of screen protectors as well. Using the new silicon case as well. This cheap phone is really impressive. It does all that my Streak could do. Just in a little smaller dimension.

Now I can route my money to my new DSLR :p
From where did you get the silicon cover and screen protector ? Local or ebay ?

Have ordered these ORIGINAL ScratchGard Screen Protector for Dell XCD-35 | eBay from ebay.

Don't know how good it is :S

Now on CM7 N218 for a few days and the battery life is as good as Blue Ginger V5, except when I use 3G. When on 2G both perform equally well but on 3G CM7 drains battery quite faster, so turning off 3G not when not using it helps. Around 35-40 hrs with moderate usage.

is this cell still good buy now ? where to buy it frm plz give a link...

shall i go fr this or some other one I need a touchscreen phone with good cam...music...and ytube.

Alwaysonline said:
is this cell still good buy now ? where to buy it frm plz give a link...

shall i go fr this or some other one I need a touchscreen phone with good cam...music...and ytube.

This phone sucks in both the camera and music department, you will have to increase your budget significantly to get a good camera+music in a android phone.

I disagree, music is very satisfactory, even when compared to my SE Zylo walkman phone, and the camera is decent enough. People expecting slr quality from a cellphone :S

I would recommend getting a decent 1ghz phone though, with an armv7+ architecture or maybe even a decent dual core like the atrix etc. but nothing beats the blade this side of 10k, so again, it's a GREAT buy for the money.

Back