ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

vercetti said:
is CM7.1 slow or the ZTE blade itself is slow. I can see some lag in the phone and also the scroll is not so smooth:(. Obviously its better than the stock rom but still not upto the par:(

It wil lag on the adw launcher. Try launcher pro, i use it and it's smooth.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

deathgoddg said:
you tried the android music 4.0?

Dude, i tried the cm 7.1 lite rom, but as it dint have the device settings for proximity sensor, my phone would be unusable after every call. So, had to flash cm 7.1 nightly #257. Now everything runs well. And yes the Android music 4.0 was an awesome experience. :)

well for me nothing happened as i had calibrated my sensor from CM7.1 stable then just flashed this rom by formatting /system and not /data hence all works smooth :)

Good Work Bro. Well, Could Someone please tell me a good file explorer that allows me to send files through bluetooth and most importantly allows me to hide personal files?

Solved : Got hide it pro and boy o boy m i loving it!

I've planned on getting the XCD 35 @8.5k and out of nowhere Idea Blade lands up give's in the phone at 7.5k , now that there is a better offer on the same phone , I've set my eyes on Idea.

Here's the problem :

- I study in Tamil Nadu (Thanjavur to be exact). Suppose I buy the phone, can the Idea SIM which comes along with it (does it?) be registered in TN ?

- Can I use another operator's SIM on the phone ?

- Does the Idea phone come pre-installed with Idea-ised apps / Locked Appstore / Stuff like that ? And , Can I still try CM7 and stuff on the Idea Blade ? :ashamed:

To make things simpler, is the Idea blade, just like XCD 35 with nothing extra / less ?

First time android buyer , don't want to make mistakes.

TYIA.

l33t said:
I've planned on getting the XCD 35 @8.5k and out of nowhere Idea Blade lands up give's in the phone at 7.5k , now that there is a better offer on the same phone , I've set my eyes on Idea.

Here's the problem :

- I study in Tamil Nadu (Thanjavur to be exact). Suppose I buy the phone, can the Idea SIM which comes along with it (does it?) be registered in TN ?

- Can I use another operator's SIM on the phone ?

- Does the Idea phone come pre-installed with Idea-ised apps / Locked Appstore / Stuff like that ? And , Can I still try CM7 and stuff on the Idea Blade ? :ashamed:

To make things simpler, is the Idea blade, just like XCD 35 with nothing extra / less ?

First time android buyer , don't want to make mistakes.

TYIA.

The IDEA Blade has the following features:

- Android 2.2, with 2.3 update available for download

- Pre-installed IDEA Store (that's it)

- 256MB RAM and till now nobody has been able to or found a way to UNLOCK it to 512MB.

- CM7 works on it like any other blade, but camera isn't working for IDEA Blade.

I say go for XCD 35 and avoid any hassles if you please.

pratzgh1 said:
Woah that's great, do gimme a link to the themes if they are really that good.
xtremevicky said:
Interesting . Point me to the links :p

Choose your poison.

[REPOSITORY][THEMES] CM7 & non-CM7 Themes - xda-developers

comp@ddict said:
The IDEA Blade has the following features:

- Android 2.2, with 2.3 update available for download

- Pre-installed IDEA Store (that's it)

- 256MB RAM and till now nobody has been able to or found a way to UNLOCK it to 512MB.

- CM7 works on it like any other blade, but camera isn't working for IDEA Blade.

I say go for XCD 35 and avoid any hassles if you please.

Source? Not disputing your claims, but a friend of mine wants to buy the Idea Blade and if this is the case then I will ask him to go for the XCD35. If what you said is true, then this is one of the Chinese versions of the Blade which comes with unlocked 256MB RAM.

Compaddict, most of the people commenting on Flipkart are saying that it's the exact same phone as the XCD35, i.e Gen 2 Blade with 512MB RAM and 2.2 (with Android Market) It has also been mentioned that the phone is not locked to the Idea network and SIM cards of other operators can be used on it. Check

Oh and btw, I'm looking forward to this weekend when I plan on flashing the uber sexy LEWA OS ROM on my Blade.

pageisgod85 said:
Choose your poison.

[REPOSITORY][THEMES] CM7 & non-CM7 Themes - xda-developers
Source? Not disputing your claims, but a friend of mine wants to buy the Idea Blade and if this is the case then I will ask him to go for the XCD35. If what you said is true, then this is one of the Chinese versions of the Blade which comes with unlocked 256MB RAM.

Compaddict, most of the people commenting on Flipkart are saying that it's the exact same phone as the XCD35, i.e Gen 2 Blade with 512MB RAM and 2.2 (with Android Market) It has also been mentioned that the phone is not locked to the Idea network and SIM cards of other operators can be used on it. Check

Oh and btw, I'm looking forward to this weekend when I plan on flashing the uber sexy LEWA OS ROM on my Blade.

Thanks for the link and I did end up there ;)

Are they working on 7.2 also ? If not I might also try LEWA OS ROM .

If what you said is true, then this is one of the Chinese versions of the Blade which comes with unlocked 256MB RAM.

Yes, that is what the forum posts were suggesting.

Comp@ddict can you link 2.3 of idea..

It was only mentioned in the forum post by a guy who looked well-informed or something.

Wait, I'll link the post and you guys have a look at it once (go through all 3 pages)

Found it!

[Q] Gen2 Blade Ram unlock - xda-developers

deathgoddg said:
Lewa os has a backdoor hack be sure to avoid that

Comp@ddict can you link 2.3 of idea..

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk
The privacy issues have been sorted in the latest English version of it

[ROM][GEN2]LEWA_Fixed_Privacy (Android 2.3.7)[CM7 Based] - Android @ MoDaCo

xtremevicky said:
Thanks for the link and I did end up there ;)

Are they working on 7.2 also ? If not I might also try LEWA OS ROM .

Yeah, CM7 themes work on all versions of CM7.

Thanks for the link, comp@ddict. It does seem that Idea has screwed up big time by bringing the Chinese variant of the Blade.

Shifted to Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie and I like it more than CM7 as I dont require the extensive customization CM7 offers[But I do miss those themes]
<
. Been using for 2-3days now and am loving it
<

NOTE: For those who want good sound from the blade FREEZE DSP MANAGER
<
. And use android music 4.0 [i have not tried 2.3.7 with no DSP so cant comment on that]

i am on cm7.1 nightly 257. And use the MIUI music player. @^ Its awesome bro. Give it a try

Also for Guys who are waiting for the ICS Stable (like me;)), till then, just get the ICS theme for CM7 from the market for free and get the boot animation of ICS from various links available and configure your launchers to animate like ICS and ta da!

Shifted to Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie and I like it more than CM7 as I dont require the extensive customization CM7 offers[But I do miss those themes]
<
. Been using for 2-3days now and am loving it
<

NOTE: For those who want good sound from the blade FREEZE DSP MANAGER
<
. And use android music 4.0 [i have not tried 2.3.7 with no DSP so cant comment on that]

Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie - isnt it the one that got a RLS8 yesterday

was gonna install that as it was the latest
but as im new to andriod decided to get CM7.1 stable first before trying other ROMs

like it more than CM7

details will be appreciated
<

i am on cm7.1 nightly 257. And use the MIUI music player. @^ Its awesome bro. Give it a try

Also for Guys who are waiting for the ICS Stable (like me;)), till then, just get the ICS theme for CM7 from the market for free and get the boot animation of ICS from various links available and configure your launchers to animate like ICS and ta da!

does it improve the volume...

volume with DSP was better than stock music player...

but produced distortions when non-320kbps or low bitrate files were played

does it improve the volume...

volume with DSP was better than stock music player...

but produced distortions when non-320kbps or low bitrate files were played

Volume is not improved sadly. But quality is definitely better than stock. Check it out bro.

I've tried about five to six ROM's and I'm currently on the new elite blade ROM. Excellent battery life and very smooth too. And for the fastest rom it would have to be the new GSF by wbaw. Although battery life on that one wasnt stellar to say the least (supposed to be improved with the new r4 release). Both are infinitely smoother than CM7.1.

Back