Storage Solutions 1 yr Samsung HDD out of warranty?

dOm1naTOr

Skilled
One of my 500 GB Samsung HDD failed a month ago, and it was around 1.5 yrs old. It has a sticker on top with date like 7/2010. Gave it to Accel frontlines for warranty claim, and last day i received it back, the same hdd saying, its out of warranty. I couldn't find the serial number on samsung website as well, for warranty check. What should I do ?

Its not more than 1.5 yrs from the date of manufacture, let alone the purchase date. Then how could be it out of warranty? Can i directly mail this to samsung/seagate ?

If then, please provide the email address of their customer complaints section. I cant afford to buy another hdd at times like this when hdd prices are skyrocketing.

thanks. Sending them a mail right away. thank

^^ NP. Do keep us updated with the progress. It will help fellow members if they have any similar difficulties.
<

And BTW, they also have a Customer Care Number: 1800 110011 (Toll Free MTNL/BSNL) and 3030 8282 (add local STD Code before dialing).

Thanks for the help. But while checking the serial number of that samsung hdd on seagate website, it says its in warranty, but the serial number isnt found on samsung warranty check page. Im resubmitting it to accel with the screenshot print copy of the seagate warranty certificate.

Back