12 Inch Netbook with HDMI audio output and 1080 Hi Def support

Hi,

Please suggest a budget netbook for multipurpose usage. Following are the thing i gonna do with it:

1. Regular netbook functions > Internet on the go etc. Plus blogging and some very basic image editing work like cropping, re-sizing. Hence need screen resolution of atleast 1024 * 768 and should be 12 inches.
2. Watch movies on it. Should support 720 and 1080.
3. Connect it to my 32inch LCD to watch movies via HDMI cable. I don't want the hassles of extra wires hence would prefer a HDMI audio output capable netbook.
4. Battery life around 5-6hrs should do and i think this condition is pretty managable by all netbooks

Can you guys suggest some netbook please. I am open to bot AMD and Intel. My budget is below 15K but can extend if all the features getting met. I have a 10inch netbook but the screen size and resolution is limiting for managing wordpress blog or doing basic image editing stuff. Also it feels very very under powered.

Regards
Neo

The HP suggestion is vey good but I personally bought Sony Vaio YB series with same specs (but reduced battery size (but simialr bakcup time) and lower version of Windows)

I primarily bought Sony for its better build quality.

My wife is planning to buy a lappy for her office work, which would be powerful enough to be a desktop replacement. Plus i have a desktop which takes care of my gaming needs. So i am not looking to spend much on the netbook but can extend till 20K.

I want it to be portable hence do not want to go for notebook/laptop. Samsung R series does not have HDMI slot. The HP netbook is a little overbudget and the link says the 6 cell model is with just 3 hours battery life.

How does AMD E350 stack up with photoshop usage? can it handle that?

Regards Neo

the e350 is right for you. none of the netbooks can handle photoshop very well. that being said you can still perform basic touchup functions like crop cut etc, but heal and such others will be slower. for office and movies though e350 will more than be enough. any e350 model is equipped with hdmi. best bet for you would be u270 by msi. or if you can find one here the asus 1215b with e350 and not c50 proccy

vivek.krishnan said:
With such requirements, i think intel atom is out of the picture. you will need an amd fusion based lappie. but AFAIK the cheapest 1 was about 20K, some samsung lappie. will post link as soon as i find it.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Buy Samsung R Series Laptop NP-RV513-A01IN (Dual Tone Silver Black) Preorder Now at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

However cannot find info on HDMI out.

This particular Notebook is with 15.6inch screen !!

Perhaps more suitable one with 12inch screen for portability will be

ASUS Eee PC 1215B AMD Dual Core Netbook Radeon 320GB/2GB

This has HDMI

http://www.theitbazaar.com/store/ou...ge=flypage.tpl&product_id=565&category_id=121

I'd suggest you to get HP DM1 series. I got 3210au couple of weeks back for 22k and upgraded RAM to 6 Gigs. Using it as my desktop replacement and am impressed with the build quality, keyboard and sound output (very loud indeed).

I have decided to buy ZBOX for my HTPC and download requirements. I have a two year old netbook (10 inch) which does the protable job but lacks 12inch space and ability to run 1080 movies. For now, i am going to wait few months until i get a good deal on the amd fusion e350 12 inch netbook in india.

Zotac ZBOX AD02 Mini-PC

Newegg.com - Zotac ZBOX-AD02-U AMD E-350 APU AMD Hudson M1 2 x 204Pin AMD Radeon HD 6310 Black Mini / Booksize Barebone System

Just one question on the ZBOX, do we have similar form factor machines with greater capabilities available.. Say something which let me play few games at moderate settings and works Photoshop smoothly? (I am thinking to replace my desktop with small form factor, only deterrent is low processing power of these units)

Regards

Neo

Intel Atom powered Lenovo IdeaPad S12

12 inch screen

Intel Atom N270 1.60GHz, FSB 533MHz

2Gb RAM

HDD 320Gb

Win 7

6 cell battery

Bluetooth.

Not sure about the Hi Def support.

Back