12x zoom (hint: its digital not optical)

vishalrao

Global Moral Police
Skilled
A quick show-off, something I just got "provisioned" this early morning :D Yes, its "12x zoom", not the optical kind, more like "digital" but not related to photography!

Any guesses???!?!?!?!

torrent.jpg

This is downloading one Ubuntu Linux CD ISO and one Fedora Linux CD ISO together.

I've managed to get BSNL to shift me off old network and Home 1350 UL 512 kbps plan to Home 2799 8 mbps limited plan (50gb quota) and after few days of running around and phone calls it got provisioned this early morning.

Speedtest results are crappy, ranging from 0.5 mbps to 2 mbps - rarely touching 6 mbps. Torrent downloads are overall at 6 mbps. My modem syncs between 7 mbps to 10 mbps (mostly 7-8 mbps) its currently synced at 8 mbps down.

I may still try to shift to promo VAS Home Combo ULF 2999 (2 mbps for first 50gb then 256 kbps after) if I don't get addicted to the speed and any sign of billing hassles.

Right now I can download a Linux CD ISO in 15 to 20 MINUTES WOOHOO! earlier it was nearly 4 freaking hours.

This is a 12x (should ideally have been 16x) speed boost for me from my old plan :D I know, probably not much compared to what some of you might already have but "12x zoom" for me nonetheless!

you should be little happy with 2mbps plan itself, on my home 2mbps plan it takes some 50 mins for one cd image. I find 2mbps speed good enough for all day use :D

Yes, I wanted to go for the 2 mbps UL promo 2999 offer (FUPed down to 256 kbps after 50gb) but the dang BSNL guys said they "dont know" or "cant" change to that plan and offered me the 2799 one instead :) Now I actually prefer this one!

vishalrao said:
Yes, I wanted to go for the 2 mbps UL promo 2999 offer (FUPed down to 256 kbps after 50gb) but the dang BSNL guys said they "dont know" or "cant" change to that plan and offered me the 2799 one instead :) Now I actually prefer this one!

When did they start with FUP ??
That means even 2MB/S UL plan wont be of much use now ..:huh:

they started FUP a few months ago with these "promo" plans. well it is still "technically" UL... its just the speed they drop from 2 mbps down to 256 kbps after crossing 50gb :) at least you are safe/assured of a fixed bill and no surprising/horrifying overcharges which i am worried about at the moment - fingers crossed...

Back