Budget 21-30k 13-15" Laptop for a developer

imkaush

Adept
Back to TE after a long time... :p

I like developing applications for Windows and Linux to improve my skills.

Currently use a desktop (in my siggy) and a quad-core Atom 11.6" ASUS laptop.

Tried Windows 10 technical preview on the laptop and it lagged a lot.

So now want to buy a laptop capable of running Windows 10 and Visual Studio 2015.

Bought Dell Inspiron 3542 for 25k but returning it because of cheap plasticy feel and broken Dell Recovery :mad:

Here is my shortlist (prefer ASUS because two of them being used my family and both have good build quality and VFM):
http://www.amazon.in/registry/wishlist/7K2ON6C95591
  • What's your Budget? 28k Max
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? Windows 10 & Linux development
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? 13-15" | Lower weight will be better
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? ASUS preferred, can consider HP, Lenovo
  • Any other considerations? Will be mostly used at home so battery life not a big issue. Confused between getting Win10 pre-installed one or DOS/Linux based and later install *ahem* Windows 10
Thanks in advance!!!! :)

EDIT: Planning to capitalize on the upcoming Amazon Diwali Sale starting today midnight ;)
EDIT2: Oops! Forgot to add shortlist link![DOUBLEPOST=1445840620][/DOUBLEPOST]Anybody ?

o_O

Last edited:
Guyz, I may also be able to source a laptop through a colleague from US...

Any suggestions from amazon.com with international warranty are also welcome! B)

Back