13Rs Mineral water @ 30.00 Rupees at Inorbit Mall Vashi

Guys...

i`ve been visiting this Inorbit Mall Vashi from the very first day
it started. i like the basic amenities and service provided by the Mall authorities. Even the security measures undertaken by the Mall management is good.

What i don`t LIKE

All the outlets @ the Food Court at Inorbit Mall vashi
are selling normal mineral water bottles of:

Mcdowells 1L (MRP 13Rs) ----------> 20Rs

Aquafina 500ml (MRP 8Rs) ------------> 25Rs

Aquafina 1L (MRP 14Rs) -----------------> 30Rs
a lil bit of history..

i`d gone @ the same place with my mom and dad for
Dinner there. During Dinner my mom asked me to get a bottle or 2 of mineral water n soon i left the table to get one....

after reachin @ one of the outlets i came to know abt this horrific pricing strategy followed by them. i instantly questioned them with regards to the pricing ?
for which they replied "sorry sir this is the price, u take it or u leave it.."

Seein my mom lookin at me askin for water, i immediately bought 2 such bottles @ 30 Rs each but was shocked to read
abt what was written in the BILL.

the bill mentioned "Water with Glass" instead of the Exact name of the bottle that i`d purchased and the price attached by them towards it.

the Term "water with glass" in the bill ooozes ambiguity in the pricing method. when someone charges u 30 bucks for water with glass when u actually bought a bottle of mineral water, u just tend to get more suspicious...

still i left the issue, and bot 2 bottles..
Today

I went to Inorbit Mall again with my better Half.. Had a good meal comprising of American Choupsey, Chicken Lollipop along with a bowl of Chicken Hot & Sour soup....

Eventually the Masala`s started doing their trick, and i had no choice but to buy a bottle of mineral water to calm those peppers in my mouth.

Went to all the stores present in the Mall`s Food Court Section and was surprised to hell to see that all these Food Court Shops were following a UNIFORM pricing strategy of looting consumers on Something as basic as WATER, which people need irrespective of their purpose of visit in the Malls.

I decided to talk to quite a Few of them, not one but all were using the same "Water with Glass" term for Mineral waters (when priced exhorbitantly) and following common HIGH Margin Pricing on somethin that already has a MRP mentioned.

I was still tryin to persuade one of the vendor and told him this is not done... HE looked @ me and said... " AAP jaise kai aate hai aur Jaate hai, Koi Hamara Kuch nahi ukhaad sakta" !

(which implies.. ppl like u come n go.. we dun giv any sh1t to anythin u wana do agnst us)

Now boy...
That seriously Irked me..

Need Advice

Guys I need to do something in this case.
this high profile ppl who visit such malls, hardly care for this,
but this is a disgusting thing happnin from the perspective
of buyers Rights.

PLEASE suggest me what i can i do to teach them a lesson !

Please Guys...

^Didn't know about this.Are they supposed to sell it beyond the MRP price ?Here they are charging twice the price :O.

Anyways incase you don't know , there is free filtered drinking water available on each floor of Inorbit mall,Vashi.There is provision for normal /cold water with use and throw glasses on the food court as well .If i can recollect ,somewhere between McDonalds and other eating joints.

err...

hotel's and restaurants price drinks and beverages..or any other retail product for that matter after adding their charges and tax.

you can't really complain about that..

do you go in a bar and complain about 2x pricing on liquor?

have you ordered a bottle of coke/pepsi along with dominos pizza?

it is just that restaurants and retailer don't work the same way.. you always have the option to visit the retailer in the mall and pickup a bottle :)

you cant do anything as such. water with glass. means they are giving you an additional service of giving you the glass and hence that service cant be charged anything. pls note the bill will have 12.5 service tax on it as well.

FaH33m said:
^Didn't know about this.Are they supposed to sell it beyond the MRP price ?Here they are charging twice the price :O.

Anyways incase you don't know , there is free filtered drinking water available on each floor of Inorbit mall,Vashi.There is provision for normal /cold water with use and throw glasses on the food court as well .If i can recollect ,somewhere between McDonalds and other eating joints.

Saw it today...

the Falafel guy pointed me towards it..

madnav said:
err...

hotel's and restaurants price drinks and beverages..or any other retail product for that matter after adding their charges and tax.

you can't really complain about that..

do you go in a bar and complain about 2x pricing on liquor?

have you ordered a bottle of coke/pepsi along with dominos pizza?

it is just that restaurants and retailer don't work the same way.. you always have the option to visit the retailer in the mall and pickup a bottle :)

do this small time STALLs at Shopping Malls also come under the purview of the act amended to protect the rights of big restaurants and hotels?

this is wrong.. we`r sittin @ Mall`s premises how can they justify their charges ?

they already charge like anythin for FOOD...

mediahome.in said:
you cant do anything as such. water with glass. means they are giving you an additional service of giving you the glass and hence that service cant be charged anything. pls note the bill will have 12.5 service tax on it as well.

but y write Water with Glass ??

isn`t this a wrong thing to do ?

when i am buyin a packed bottle of mineral water..

y mention somethin else on my bill ?

they must be giving you empty glasses as well. if they are not. yes you can take the same from them. coz if they write aquafina which they wont then they cant charge you anything :p over mrp

If they write aquafina they hav to sell at mrp, by changing the name they are indirectly avoiding the law that says u cant sell above mrp..

One argument is that they are providing it in a glass and hence its a modified product and they have the right to recover charges, but these will be termed as unreasonable..

mediahome.in said:
they must be giving you empty glasses as well. if they are not. yes you can take the same from them. coz if they write aquafina which they wont then they cant charge you anything :p over mrp

so arn`t they indulgin in Malpractice ?

i mean sellin somethin else, writin somethin else !

are you guys forgetting those multiplexes where microscopic samosas sell for 30rs and a litre of mineral water would cost you 30-35rs.

They are writing Water with Glass so that then you cannot report it like one can repost that this guy is selling something above MRP but here u have no proof na as they'l say the extra money is for the Glass or Glass service watver.

I think its all coz of the High rents they would be paying out there yaar.

If there was enough margin na then u would have found one selling at low cost but i think as their rent is very High they do things like this.

Dinesh_Malhotra said:
but y write Water with Glass ??

isn`t this a wrong thing to do ?

when i am buyin a packed bottle of mineral water..

y mention somethin else on my bill ?

see basically.. they 'Dont want to settle water bottles'

they come under whatever those acts are for hotel n restaurants..

they are providing a service... 'water with glass' it is just that 'you asked for water and did not take the glass 'will be the excuse incase you make a fuss about it.

they have to charge service tax on everything that is sold.. you can ask for detailed pricing but im not sure if they will be bothered to provide.

by the way..

a small samosa costs 25bucks in almost theaters around vashi, to top it... outside food is not allowed in theaters, they have people checking for outside food...even water bottle.. they do not care about bombs anymore..

try doing this yourself..

take a well packed HDD and a tiffin box..

they will not even test you for metal..they will check your bag for food and anything that is edible.

they wont know what an hdd is..but they wont be bothered as long as it doesn't open or contains food.

they have their policies and we really can't complain because they are protected by laws/acts

by the way thread title makes it sound like a thread for hot deals and discussion :p

TheITWares said:
They are writing Water with Glass so that then you cannot report it like one can repost that this guy is selling something above MRP but here u have no proof na as they'l say the extra money is for the Glass or Glass service watver.

I think its all coz of the High rents they would be paying out there yaar.

If there was enough margin na then u would have found one selling at low cost but i think as their rent is very High they do things like this.

I understand the part abt recovering the associated costs of runnin a STALL @ mall, but if u are sellin a PACKED bottle of mineral water at more than its MRP, y not make a proper bill for the same ?

are they tryin to avoid some taxes ?

i just Dont understand this BS "Glass with water" Concept

^^ No they are giving you a wrong Bill because afterwards ppl like u n me cannot report the same its like they are overcharging on a Combo Deal Water & Glass and if reported they'l say they are selling water for 13 and rest is for the glass something like that ..

TheITWares said:
^^Nothing like that all rules apply to them and tatz the whole reason of them showing it as a combo deal and fooling ppl

try buying a cold drink and see if they print cold drink and glass :)

just think of a simple example..

should you be charged same for a bottle of coke in all of the following places?

roadside stall, class-A restaurant, 5-start restaurant..

given that MRP is Rs15/-

??!!

Back