Hello guys

I have decided to purchase a 19" LCD monitor...max budget 21k

what do you think of these

ViewSonic 905

ViewSonic 1912W widescreen with 1440*900 res

Also what do you think of VX924

No time..Thanks for fast replies

vij

What about the samsung 940B Is supposed to be a very good model.Some reviews say that the viewsonic color reproduction is not as good as the samsung. Avoid the widescreen models.

I have the quotes...

VA905 for 18.5

VA1912W widescreen for 20.5

Is the viewsonic VX924 much superior to the two models mentioned above...

Also what would be the price of Samsung 940B

vij said:
I have the quotes...
VA905 for 18.5
VA1912W widescreen for 20.5
The VA1912W is a good monitor. But its 6bit and not 8. So color reproduction will be decent but not exceptional. But then I guess u get wat u pay for, and at 20.5k its a fair enuff deal.

I've seen the viewsonic 1912w in action...& 2 things I can tell you about it is that color reproduction is not even decent... (my 15" benq had better colors)& screen door was very visible...atleast to my eyes...& that made it look pretty ugly.

m1n0r said:
I've seen the viewsonic 1912w in action...& 2 things I can tell you about it is that color reproduction is not even decent... (my 15" benq had better colors)& screen door was very visible...atleast to my eyes...& that made it look pretty ugly.

Thanks man...

I am not sure about the exact price but it should be around 22K-24K.
Whatever be the monitor you decide check it on your pc so that you are satisfied with the quality.

Inspite of so much advice and reviews picture quality is mostly subjective so if you are happy good for you:hap2:

I have a Sony HS95....

I never believed in the spects that the monitor manufacturers publish, so I let my eyes be the judge when I was going to choose one....

I don't game much so can't comment on the response timings (though while playing NFS-MW and Far Cry , i did not notice any ghosting) but color reproduction on the HS95 was the best of the lot

I don't rem the exact amount now, but it was a tad over 25

However, this was like several months ago so I guesss the prices would have come down by now...

Anyway, what I'd suggest is don't go by the manufacturers claimed specs when it comes to LCDs.....

Go and try them out and then choose what you want

In fact if you were to compare the specs for Samsung LCDs for the smae model on say the India site , Brazil Site and the Singapore site, the specs would turn out different at each place :p

Back