Budget 0-20k 1gb gddr5 graphics memory

sorceror

Recruit
hello all i have got all parts but i am not getting gddr5 1gb pcie 3.0 graphics card

i want asus, gigabyte or zotac.

please mention the model numbers and the price range is 5000rs to 6000rs or whatever

thank you

please reply fastly and goodly

thank you.

Hi,

In given budget, you can only get below card with PCIe 2.0:
Asus AMD/ATI HD 6670 1 GB GDDR5 Rs 5896
Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 1GB DDR5 Rs 5513

It is highly advisable to increase the budget little bit and go with atleast HD7750, it will range in between 7-10k.

ok 7-10k is ok with me but i want what i have mentioned
i.e. and i want nvidia please no amd no ati

also i want pcie3.0, 1gb, gddr5,
company: asus, gigabyte, zotac

also tell me what is the difference between gddr and ddr graphic memory??

ok 7-10k is ok with me but i want what i have mentioned
i.e. and i want nvidia please no amd no ati

also i want pcie3.0, 1gb, gddr5,
company: asus, gigabyte, zotac

also tell me what is the difference between gddr and ddr graphic memory??

Any particular reason for avoiding AMD (ATi was bought by them)?

These are the options you have at the price point --
  • Sapphire / GIGABYTE HD7750 1GB (900MHz) ~7500/-
  • ZOTAC! GTX650 1GB ~9000/-
  • Sapphire HD7770 GHz edition ~9000/-
  • ZOTAC! GTX650Ti 1GB ~11500/-
  • Sapphire / MSi HD6850 1GB ~10500/-
The graphic cards are listed in their relative performance order.

For the difference between GDDR type memory and standard DDR memory, read the following articles --
DDR SDRAM - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Double data rate synchronous dynamic random-access memory (DDR SDRAM) is a class of memory integrated circuits used in computers. DDR SDRAM (sometimes referred to as DDR1 SDRAM) has been superseded by DDR2 SDRAM and DDR3 SDRAM, neither of which is either forward or backward compatible with DDR SDRAM, meaning that DDR2 or DDR3 memory modules will not work in DDR-equipped motherboards, and vice versa.

Compared to single data rate (SDR) SDRAM, the DDR SDRAM interface makes higher transfer rates possible by more strict control of the timing of the electrical data and clock signals. Implementations often have to use schemes such as phase-locked loops and self-calibration to reach the required timing accuracy. The interface uses double pumping (transferring data on both the rising and falling edges of the clock signal) to lower the clock frequency. One advantage of keeping the clock frequency down is that it reduces the signal integrity requirements on the circuit board connecting the memory to the controller. The name "double data rate" refers to the fact that a DDR SDRAM with a certain clock frequency achieves nearly twice the bandwidth of a SDR SDRAM running at the same clock frequency, due to this double pumping.

GDDR - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
GDDR or Graphic Double Data Rate memory refers to memory specifically designed for use on graphics cards. GDDR is distinct from the more widely known DDR SDRAM types such as DDR3, although they share some technologies - including double data rate design - in common.

GDDR5 (Graphics Double Data Rate, version 5) SDRAM is a type of high performance DRAM graphics card memory designed for computer applications requiring high bandwidth. Like its predecessor, GDDR4, GDDR5 is based on DDR3 SDRAM memory which has double the data lines compared to DDR2 SDRAM, but GDDR5 also has 8-bit wide prefetch buffers similar to GDDR4.
GDDR5 SGRAM conforms to the standards which were set out in the GDDR5 specification by the JEDEC. It uses an 8n-prefetch architecture and DDR interface to achieve high performance operation and can be configured to operate in ×32 mode or ×16 (clamshell) mode which is detected during device initialization. The GDDR5 interface transfers two 32-bit wide data words per write clock (WCK) cycle to/from the I/O pins. Corresponding to the 8n-prefetch, a single write or read access consists of a 256-bit wide two CK clock cycle data transfer at the internal memory core and eight corresponding 32-bit wide one-half WCK clock cycle data transfers at the I/O pins.

GDDR5 operates with two different clock types. A differential command clock (CK) as a reference for address and command inputs, and a forwarded differential write clock (WCK) as a reference for data reads and writes. Being more precise, the GDDR5 SGRAM uses two write clocks, each of them assigned to two bytes. The WCK runs at twice the CK frequency. Taking a GDDR5 with 5 Gbit/s data rate per pin as an example, the CK clock runs with 1.25 GHz and WCK with 2.5 GHz. The CK and WCK clocks will be aligned during the initialization and training sequence. This alignment allows read and write access with minimum latency.
A single 32-bit GDDR5 chip has about 67 signal pins and the rest are power and grounds in the 170 BGA package.

Hope this answers your query. Cheerio!

ALPHA 17

I appreciate your advice given here, but kindly explain which is the best best graphic card under Rs. 10,000/= range ,and which should be good for long lasting whether DDR SDRM OR GDDR.

Back