Audio 2.0/2.1 Audiophile Speakers for PC

tkin

Adept
Hey guys,
My speakers went kaput some time back, I had been using my Koss Portapro these days but nothing beats a pair of thumping desktop speakers. So I will buy one end of this month. I am open to purchasing online provided I get warranty.

Requirements:

1. 2.0 or 2.1 only. Prefer quality 2.0 over everything.
2. Will listen to music mostly, some movies and plenty of games during weekends.
3. Not a basshead but some thump is appreciated. I need a speaker that can play the tracks of Inception or Interstellar without crackling at medium sound levels.
Eg:
Play at 2 Mins

Budget: MAX 8k, not a penny more.

No comparison, if you want a sub woofer then probably get the Sony or something with a sub. If you want something that sounds best while listening to the hans Zimmer, I'd say the creatives are better.

D9 is just about ok sounding. Sub is acceptable but the satellites have a brittle midrange and highs roll off too quickly.

Hey guys,
My speakers went kaput some time back, I had been using my Koss Portapro these days but nothing beats a pair of thumping desktop speakers. So I will buy one end of this month. I am open to purchasing online provided I get warranty.

Requirements:

1. 2.0 or 2.1 only. Prefer quality 2.0 over everything.
2. Will listen to music mostly, some movies and plenty of games during weekends.
3. Not a basshead but some thump is appreciated. I need a speaker that can play the tracks of Inception or Interstellar without crackling at medium sound levels.
Eg:
Play at 2 Mins

Budget: MAX 8k, not a penny more.
Bit offtrack but I would like to add that what you hear at 2 min mark will sound more lush more depending on the deep and wide soundstage , Imaging and also instrument separation capability of your audio instrument rather than bass alone.
I know that 'use I am self diagnosed soundstage addict

Even I would be interested in these kind of speakers at this price bracket , from what little I have searched we'd have to shell out a bit more mollah to get this kind of effect and not to mention positioning of satellites and listener and all those sorts of stuff[DOUBLEPOST=1423732161][/DOUBLEPOST]For example in HPs and IEMs, If you'd heard this track on athm-50 , it will be congested , and will be lively on sets like sony mdr-ex-1000/600 , AKG Q701 , Signature Acoustics O16 live.

Last edited:
Bit offtrack but I would like to add that what you hear at 2 min mark will sound more lush more depending on the deep and wide soundstage , Imaging and also instrument separation capability of your audio instrument rather than bass alone.
I know that 'use I am self diagnosed soundstage addict

Even I would be interested in these kind of speakers at this price bracket , from what little I have searched we'd have to shell out a bit more mollah to get this kind of effect and not to mention positioning of satellites and listener and all those sorts of stuff[DOUBLEPOST=1423732161][/DOUBLEPOST]For example in HPs and IEMs, If you'd heard this track on athm-50 , it will be congested , and will be lively on sets like sony mdr-ex-1000/600 , AKG Q701 , Signature Acoustics O16 live.
I think I did the right thing when I skipped the M50 purchase as it just dropped to 10k in fk. I am looking at Grado hps now, but that's another story for another time.

Luckily I was one of the guys who got the circle 80W speakers about 2 years ago. They still sound superb and absolutely great for music. Check if you can find the Akro speakers anywhere.

I think I did the right thing when I skipped the M50 purchase as it just dropped to 10k in fk. I am looking at Grado hps now, but that's another story for another time.
It was around 7k during the sale. Someone from TE bought it if I recall correctly.

Luckily I was one of the guys who got the circle 80W speakers about 2 years ago. They still sound superb and absolutely great for music. Check if you can find the Akro speakers anywhere.
I think they went completely out of stock? Is the company even alive now?

I was looking at Corsair SP2500 systems, but surprisingly they had completely vanished from the market as well.

So its a fight between SRS D9 and Swan M10 now I guess, would love a few more alternatives.

They are directly available on the website link provided, they are not available on FK, SD AMZ either!

Edit: They are OOS on the manufacturer website!

although my experience has been on the contrary!
but anyway, the OP is not going to purchase an Edifier set.

Got the D9, had no choice at all. Ever since Altec Lansing exited the market its filled with pathetic local brands. Don't have the patience to wait for the M10.

OasD9k4.jpg

Back