sid1712

Cookies, mmm...
Adept
Budget : 15-25k

Requirements
TV shows/news : 35%
Movies : 50%
Music : 15%

The room is around 15x18 feet but there is a lack of space near the TV so i can't buy any large speakers / subwoofers. 5.1 is out of the question.

I've been searching for some decent speakers for my TV (which has some pretty awful sound) and after checking online and listening to a few in person, here's what i've come down to:

1) All soundbars under 20k sound absolutely terrible with tinny voice with a significant gap between the soundbar and subwoofer resulting in imbalanced sounds in movies. The only ones i likes was the Philips HTL9100 (30k) and the Bose one (50k+) which are horribly overpriced for the sound they provide.

2) Snapdeal is selling the zvox 450 soundbase (which has some pretty good review on Amazon US) for 18k but with no mention of warranty or after sales service so i'll be screwed if something goes wrong with them.

3) Out of all the speakers left, i've come down the Swans M50W which look to be the most likely purchase but again, they're not wall mountable, have only a single input (via 3.5mm jack) and considering what i've herd with the M10's, they might also be directional which would defeat the purpose of getting them in the first place. [I already have the Z623 and will not buy them again as i have no space in my rooms for such a gigantic sub]

4) I've had a look at various powered 2.0 speakers and i'm not convinced that they'd be able to provide enough bass for movies and most powered sub's cost more than my kidney.

Haven't been so confused since my electronics exam in college :banghead: . Can anyone with similar speakers/in a similar situation provide any experiences ?

Back