Audio 2.1 Speakers in UK - 10k budget

Punker

Skilled
Hello guys, I'm looking for speakers for my flat. Will be using them for music and movies. Please suggest me some good speakers which are not too expensive. I'm thinking to go for sound sticks but wanna know if there are any good speakers available which are cheaper. Must have good bass.

TIA,
Punker

since you have soundsticks as one option, i guess your budget could be ~10k. klipsch promedia 2.1 is another brilliant 2.1 speakers set (and a little pricier too, for 11-13k i presume)! atleast one member here, namely black_hawk has them. you may have a chat with him to take his feedback on them. though these are not available online now it seems. you may check at your local marketplace.

Budget is 10k can stretch a little if I get something good. Living in the UK so I'll check if they are available online here. Any other suggestions?

http://www.hifinage.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=29

the seller is based in Gwalior, and IIRC, he's a member (though now active or not, don't know) on hifivision forum as well.

for their finesse in music-reproduction, the speakers have garnered name and fame. although can't comment about their efficacy with regards to movie/TV-audio.

Logitech Z623 could be another option. good for watching video-content too. you could have a look at a comparison between the two here:

http://www.digit.in/forum/audio/170865-swans-m10-logitech-z-623-a.html

(the member 'The Incinerator' in that thread has helped me in selecting very good audio-gear earlier and has been assisting now as well; although differing from his opinion there in that thread, i would like to believe that the Z623 would be better suited for video-content).

a short feedback from the same forum, that i had read back in 2011 (and hence why am posting a link to it here, as i had a brief chat too with the author; otherwise, umpteen reviews could be found elsewhere. do read some of those as well):

http://www.digit.in/forum/audio/145533-logitech-z623-unboxing.html

Corsair SP2500 - another option. good speakers (for all-round usage).

though i would stick to Klipsch ProMedia as the first option that you should look for locally. do have a chat with black_hawk first though.

P.S. - forgot that you are presently in UK! anyway, you could still contact hifinage to enquire about availability of the speakers there and any distributor in the UK that he might know of, or/and check locally as well.

Last edited:
He is in UK now. I'd suggest you to look up classifieds for local used bookshelf speakers and a lepai amp and ditch the idea of Multimedia speakers. You'd probably have to spend a little bit more but you won't regret it. PC speakers just do not cut it.

^^ suggestion is good, though if he has to use the speakers in a small-to-mid-sized room with his PC, bookshelves may or may not be overkill.

@OP - will you be using the speakers with your TV in the living-room, or with a PC? people get tripath amps (as suggested by quixand) from UK over here, so you should easily get one there. for movies, you might want larger (passive) bookshelves, if to be used in living-room. smaller ones could suit better for desktop usage and for music primarily. i have had the chance to listen to music on some big, custom-made bookshelves, and they were very powerful! can't comment on whether they would provide a fuller movie-viewing experience or not. i personally prefer bloated bass over tight bass for a good movie-viewing experience (with obviously a sub; floorstanders also help), which may not be the case with smaller bookshelves in a small room, but i may be wrong. bookshelves are infact used as fronts and rears by many, in a 5.1/7.1 HT set-up. nonetheless, explore your options, and do post a few details of where, how and with what do you intend to use the speakers.

Yes, only reason that I was tempted to suggest the option was because I feel UK would provide that opportunity to get some good used bookshelves and Amps.

Nothing wrong with a pair of swans though I almost got myself M20 a couple of years back but West Bengal shipping rules caused issues.
Nothing wrong with ProMedia too tried and tested model. Very successful.

My room isn't the biggest either and for music bookshelves just have this extra presence. It's extremely fun specially if you like to listen to loud music.

Back