2 Amp Slow Blow Fuse

pureterror

Disciple
hello guys i urgent need to buy a 2 amp slow blow fuse for my logitech z5500 . yesterday there was some lighting stike some were near my house and it blowed my z5500 fuse . i tried every shop in my city not found any of it .. i tried normal [ fast blow ] fuse,s 2 amp n 4 amp all broken brunt so if any of u guy can find the fuse n ship it to me it will be highly appriciated .

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

bump !!!!!!!!!

I talked to the service manager of Logiteh( or whatever the post is ) at okhla , delhi , he told me to use a 5amp fuse instead.

its easily available at any radio/tv spare parts shop , just take your blown fuse with for size.

well i dont know about the fast/slow burn fuse, but the 5amp fuse that i bought works fine for me( had to replace only once, in 1 year)

If you are continuously blowing fuses there's something wrong with the system. Just adding bigger fuses will increase the amount of power going into faulty components and may create even more damage.

For illustration, a 2A fuse is 500 watts, and 4A is 1000watts. The Z5500 will never be drawing that much current, even at turn-on. A large fuse prevents any protection from the fuse itself and places the amp under danger.

^ extremely true. you might/ will end up with a fried speaker system instead of a fuse. better to change fuse than change the system...

edit: saw an indian manufacturer. try to contact them and see if they can give a list of dealer/ retailer in your area.

http://www.elcomac.com/slowblow.html

See what size you require first. Seems the diameters and lengths differ.

In case you are not reading any posts, I would urge you to go through my reply a few posts up. A slow blow fuse will not last longer than a 5A quick blow type if you system has developed an internal fault. A 6A fuse is enough for a 1000 watt power draw, blowing only under fault conditions.

Your speaker is already damaged - which is why it is blowing fuses. Get it looked over by a repair tech.

Good Luck.

6pack said:
^ extremely true. you might/ will end up with a fried speaker system instead of a fuse. better to change fuse than change the system...

edit: saw an indian manufacturer. try to contact them and see if they can give a list of dealer/ retailer in your area.

SLOW BLOW (TIME-LAG) FUSES

See what size you require first. Seems the diameters and lengths differ.
Errr I think you completely misunderstood cranky's post. He was asking the OP to check the supply not a better fuse.

cranky said:
In case you are not reading any posts, I would urge you to go through my reply a few posts up. A slow blow fuse will not last longer than a 5A quick blow type if you system has developed an internal fault. A 6A fuse is enough for a 1000 watt power draw, blowing only under fault conditions.

Your speaker is already damaged - which is why it is blowing fuses. Get it looked over by a repair tech.

Good Luck.
cranky yes it been damaged . since i used 2 , 4 amp i heard sound inside init some like crackin so decided n talked to my shop guy were i bought to rma this . tommrow and thx for all info n helps

Back