2 month old Samsung Galaxy S I9000 at 15k?

plasma

Disciple
Hi Guys,

Need your opinion here, I was thinking of buying an android smartphone and was waiting for the dual core Galaxy S2, so I could decide which one to buy, may be the single core prices could come down and I could go for a good single core.

But now I have a tempting offer from a from a friend to buy a 2-3 month old Samsung Galaxy S I9000 at 15k. Should I go for this?

My shortlist currently is HTC Incredible S, Desire HD, Desire S and Galaxy S I9000.

Budget is in the around 20-25k mark. Waiting for the correct phone to fall in budget. :)

Requirements: Should be a good all round internet phone, Good touch and UI. Also should be a good gaming device.

I9000 for 15k is an awesome deal. Just make sure the product is in good condition. Single core phones are good enough for now. And Android is not fully dual core optimized yet (not sure about this, read it somewhere)

Put the pedal to the metal and grab it.

Just verify everything is fine. Go for a thorough inspection.

I have fiddled with the Incredible S for sometime and it seems that except for the Flash, the i9000 is pretty much a done deal.

Speaker on Incredible S was disappointing and price tag of near about 26k seemed unjustified but it had everything covered for sure. If not the i9000, the Incredible S for sure.. but the price difference here for a piece which is pretty much new seals the deal.

What's your location btw ?

Go ahead and buy it, as darkangel said even 8 months old vibrants and captivates command a price of 15k. IMHO, because of their brilliant SMOLED display, good CPU and Excellent developer support, the Galaxy S trio of i9000,captivate and vibrant is best buy in 14-16k bracket.

There is no point getting a second hand Vibrant without warranty for 15k. You get a brand new I9000 sub 23k from Flipkart. That is a far better deal.

Actually, it is difficult for a person to sell a I9000 above 16-17k even with warranty, now it is really difficult. But the thing is that people have no reason to sell I9000 unless there are enough dual cores in the market. Hence the relatively less supply of these phones makes the price a hypothetical 18-20k in India in the second hand market.

Hey guys thanks a lot for making the decision a lot easier!

The Galaxy S is in excellent condition as you would expect. It's even already updated to Gingerbread(I guess this is the EUR update). I have asked for the phone just to have a close look at it.

The only issue I had was the warranty. This phone was purchased with bill and warranty from Singapore. I was wondering if the warranty would be covered in India as well. I was told these phones come with a global warranty. If they cover the warranty this would be a killer deal as you guys said. Will I be able to avail the Samsung warranty in India?

@spacescreamer: I am from Mumbai.

Not 100% sure, but I don't think that they come with global warranty. Warranty is restricted to Indian local purchases over here at least. So at 15k a second hand phone I9000 with Singapore warranty is an average deal. Not worth overlooking, but not something to die for either.

Rather spend 17-18k for one with Indian warranty.

why do you want the 10 month warranty anyway? @15K SGS is a steal. IF he's really your friend, then I hope he wouldn't be hiding anything. So there won't be any problem in future too and particularly not in this 10 months. Even if you do get a h/w problem, you can repair it well under 3-5K depending on the problem. {http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=745262}

Note: if you encounter any problem in future, don't hold me against it and ask money from me :p

Guys, I just bought the Galaxy S from my friend.. and glad I did so!! Absolutely loving it.. I'll do a factory reset, and sync it with my Google account.

Thanks for all your advice and opinions guys, appreciate it!

Back