Storage Solutions 2 TB SSD upgrade Required I suppose

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
Due to below reason I need an upgrade :angelic:

1635926589700.png

The most I can empty space is around 200 GB. its not much if I start adding more games :p
Recommendation for Cheap but best option for me to update to.
Currently using Samsung 970 Evo plus 1 tb.

have x570 mobo.

You can add an additional M.2 (or SATA if M.2 slots are full) SSD instead of replacing the primary drive. Would be a lot less hassle, plus you will be able to get away with 1TB too I guess.

You can add an additional M.2 (or SATA if M.2 slots are full) SSD instead of replacing the primary drive. Would be a lot less hassle, plus you will be able to get away with 1TB too I guess.

This.

@princeoo7

If you've already occupied the mobo's built-in M.2 port(s), but don't want to invest on SATA products, then you can opt for a dedicated PCIe adapter for mounting a secondary NVMe SSD. Take a look at this thread for related discussions.

This
Add another m.2 if you have a slot available. Clear some space on primary or move that stuff to new drive.

Otherwise another sata ssd should be good enough for cheap(relatively).

Cheapest would be to get a 2tb or 4tb hdd, purely for storage reasons (but I doubt you’ll want to move back to mechanical storage)

Check prices on pcpricetracker. Do check amazon too(ssds usually better priced on amazon)

This is a great opportunity to get a secondary drive. Unless this is a laptop and you're worried about heat/power consumption, there's not much reason to get an SSD. You can go for a hard drive. Get a 4 TB hard drive and you'll be good for a few years. If you want an SSD anyway, you can still go for a SATA SSD for your secondary storage. The speeds for SATA SSD are far superior to hard drives and I see no reason why you have to go for an NVMe drive rather than getting a larger SATA drive at the same cost.

So should I buy a 1 tb or 2 tb which I should install on 2nd m.2 slot. also if I install it their, should I install all my games there ? we don't have that option for many launches I suppose :angelic:

I am worried about that part :eek:

I can tell about Epic, Steam, EA Play, Ubisoft Connect and XBox app. They all allow games to be installed on another drive.
Get a 2TB WD blue or whatever else drive you can get if you're just getting it for Gaming. Separate OS drive and Game drive. Keep your OS on 1tb drive that you have and Games on the new 2TB drive. You'll see decent performance improvement too.

So should I buy a 1 tb or 2 tb which I should install on 2nd m.2 slot. also if I install it their, should I install all my games there ? we don't have that option for many launches I suppose :angelic:

I am worried about that part :eek:
I compared myself a few SSD's recently and trust me the best is Samsung Evo Plus.
Depending on your budget get a 2TB evo plus or 1TB variant I totally recommend it.
If you need more storage than performance then grab a economy version SSD Kingston NV1 Series 2TB NVMe PCIe 3.0 M.2 Internal Solid State Drive
but absolutely no point in wasting money on a SATA SSD instead buy SATA HDD and save money.

I belive, Games can be installed on any partition / drive or folder you choose.

I compared myself a few SSD's recently and trust me the best is Samsung Evo Plus.
Depending on your budget get a 2TB evo plus or 1TB variant I totally recommend it.
If you need more storage than performance then grab a economy version SSD Kingston NV1 Series 2TB NVMe PCIe 3.0 M.2 Internal Solid State Drive
but absolutely no point in wasting money on a SATA SSD instead buy SATA HDD and save money.

I belive, Games can be installed on any partition / drive or folder you choose.
Well I am not even looking for buying one (SATA HDD). its ssd for me. just gen 3 or gen 4. and if gen 3 then is it 1tb or 2 tb.
I also use this disk for cache purpose. so that one thing I missed telling.

One thing to keep in mind is that Crucial MX500 SSDs have power loss protection compared, which Samsung 850 and 860 series don't. My PC routinely faces at least 1 power cut a day and there's no data loss so far. But a Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD on the same grid in the other wing was corrupted within a year of use.

One thing to keep in mind is that Crucial MX500 SSDs have power loss protection compared, which Samsung 850 and 860 series don't. My PC routinely faces at least 1 power cut a day and there's no data loss so far. But a Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD on the same grid in the other wing was corrupted within a year of use.
Didn't know that. Good info. MX500 1TB SATA frequently goes for 8500 (bank discounts additional).

PS: I think you should buy a UPS. Some other component might also get damaged due to frequent power loss.

Well I am not even looking for buying one (SATA HDD). its ssd for me. just gen 3 or gen 4. and if gen 3 then is it 1tb or 2 tb.
I also use this disk for cache purpose. so that one thing I missed telling.
Regarding gen 3 and gen 4 , it also depends on your processor to take advantage of gen 4. Better to buy gen 3 as practically there is no difference in daily usage scenario. it's only in benchmarks.
So Samsung EVO is your best option if budget is not a constraint.

ab to inverter he mere pass :p
Regarding gen 3 and gen 4 , it also depends on your processor to take advantage of gen 4. Better to buy gen 3 as practically there is no difference in daily usage scenario. it's only in benchmarks.
So Samsung EVO is your best option if budget is not a constraint.
i have 5900X with x570. well yea on paper its 2x the speed. don't know how much of difference it will be in real life :angelic:

Due to below reason I need an upgrade :angelic:

View attachment 118923

The most I can empty space is around 200 GB. its not much if I start adding more games :p
Recommendation for Cheap but best option for me to update to.
Currently using Samsung 970 Evo plus 1 tb.

have x570 mobo.
I'm wondering how come you risking all data onto a single partition that too a boot drive.
Surprised there are no partitions.

I'm wondering how come you risking all data onto a single partition that too a boot drive.
Surprised there are no partitions.
I have other drive for that ;) this one is just c drive where I will have all my installation and all. now planning to move my current 1 tb as a scrub drive for any software which requires it.
I am so confused between:
1) Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB
2) Gigabyte AORUS Gen4 2TB NVMe SSD GP-AG70S2TB

for gigabyte the only concern is the failure rate.

Last edited:
Back