2 WD Raptor 74.3GB 10K RPM (Huge Price Drop)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 Western Digital Raptor WD740GD 74.3GB 10K RPM drives for sale, I had them configured in RAID0/1 and it worked superbly. These drives can be used in desktops as OS drives and it will definately boost your system performance. The new ONE drive still cost Rs.7400/-, I bought them from Computer Empire, NP, do not have the bill and these drives did not come in box, however I will ship them safely in box. These drives are under warranty until March 2011. I'm selling them after I bought 3x150GB drives for RAID5 configuration.

Expected Price:SOLD out on eBay

View attachment 9700

View attachment 9701

View attachment 9702

View attachment 9703

No lowballing, pm me instead.

Attachments

• DSC00570.JPG
    DSC00570.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC00574.JPG
    DSC00574.JPG
    230.3 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC00575.JPG
    DSC00575.JPG
    231.4 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC00571.JPG
    DSC00571.JPG
    213.6 KB · Views: 92
shahbaaz_vision said:
Amazed that people aren't buying raptor!!! Well I do have 2 Raptors in Raid and enjoying the benefits.

Raptors are high speed drives & as such generally have a shorter life span as compared to 7200 & 5400 RPM drives

I think that is why the Buyers are a bit cautious as the drives have been in use for some time already

yours_majesty said:
I offer 30 days warranty for them, if you get any problem, I'll refund the entire amount.

Dude I am not doubting that you are selling a dud HD.
You misunderstood.
I am sure that the HDDs are working fine now
Let me clarify:

My comment was a general observation of the life expectancy of a 10K HDD vis a vis 7.2k or 5.4k HDD.
Highest life expectancy will be 5400RPM then 7200 RPM & Then 10K RPM in descending order generally & the performance will be vice versa.. highest for 10K Then 72.K then 5.4K
For example SSD are still faster but the con side is that their life expectancy is even shorter then 10K HDDs

shravank30 said:
Highest life expectancy will be 5400RPM then 7200 RPM & Then 10K RPM in descending order generally & the performance will be vice versa.. highest for 10K Then 72.K then 5.4K
For example SSD are still faster but the con side is that their life expectancy is even shorter then 10K HDDs

Speeds would be an indication of life expectancy only if all the drives are built with the same consistency in materials/ technology. Which they are not. So don't spout nonsense disguised as facts or logic. If a 5.4 k rpm drive is built with lower standards than a 10k rpm drive, it will fail earlier.

SSDs as an example is all the more stupid as they are totally different from mechanical HDDs. Nobody ever compares apples with oranges.

Edit: http://www.westerndigital.com/en/library/2178-001010.pdf. WD rates the MTBF for the 10k VelociRaptors higher than the slower RE3s, RE4-GPs,RE2-GPs,AVs and AV-GPs. They don't release MTBF stats for the Green, Blue or Black. Also, warranty periods for the 7200RPM Black and the 10k rpm VelociRaptor are higher than the slower Greens. If the chances of failure are higher on high speeds, why would WD offer longer periods of warranty?

@Desecrator, just separating fact from suppositions :p

Naga said:
Speeds would be an indication of life expectancy only if all the drives are built with the same consistency in materials/ technology. Which they are not. So don't spout nonsense disguised as facts or logic. If a 5.4 k rpm drive is built with lower standards than a 10k rpm drive, it will fail earlier.

SSDs as an example is all the more stupid as they are totally different from mechanical HDDs. Nobody ever compares apples with oranges.

Get your facts correct before commenting..

SSD's are different thats why i have not given any RPM because they have no moving part!!
But still have a very short life expectancy, for what every be the reason.
Check anywhere you want.

I am comparing a WD 5.4k RPM with a 7.2K RPM with a 10K RPM so one would expect the same quality of materials to be used & yet the life expectancy differs for all the 3.
The very fact that same manufacturer makes the 3 speeds is to give the buyer a choice between performance, reliability, sound & power consumption
Of course there would be some cases where one may have had a different experience but in the broader sense this holds true.

I generally dont comment unless I am reasonably sure of the subject nor do i mind in posting questions on the subject i am ignorant of.

Ultimately It is the buyer who is supreme..he will surely do his own research & come to the right conclusion, no matter what you & I may say.

Dude, get your facts straight. The rpm has barely anything to do with the life of the HDD to begin with. As naga said it all depends on the components used. Dont tell me that the google server replaces their clusters of HDD every year or so. Just dont come in storming when you dont know anything.

SSD doesnt have moving parts and thats what makes it life even greater.

My mom is still using the pen drive she got about 8 years back and so are many people. SSD has nothing to do with life or anything and there is no spinning, just flash controllers.

Anyways no point in arguing when you have fixed something in your mind which is incorrect, you are never gonna get over it.

shravank30 said:
Get your facts correct before commenting..

SSD's are different thats why i have not given any RPM because they have no moving part!!
But still have a very short life expectancy, for what every be the reason.
Check anywhere you want.

I am comparing a WD 5.4k RPM with a 7.2K RPM with a 10K RPM so one would expect the same quality of materials to be used & yet the life expectancy differs for all the 3.
The very fact that same manufacturer makes the 3 speeds is to give the buyer a choice between performance, reliability, sound & power consumption
Of course there would be some cases where one may have had a different experience but in the broader sense this holds true.

I generally dont comment unless I am reasonably sure of the subject nor do i mind in posting questions on the subject i am ignorant of.

Ultimately It is the buyer who is supreme..he will surely do his own research & come to the right conclusion, no matter what you & I may say.

^Guys please take the discussions out of this thread. Do not make a market thread flame-bait!

I use 2 X 160GB Raptors and are amazing. Nothing to worry about warranty as they dont fail anyway. Common guys a Raptor is worth the investment and performance boost.

Free bump :)

Hey buddy you have not mentioned that the warranty is not valid in india, or have you found the bill for the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back