Car & Bike 2001 Nov H City 1.3EXI Need help in deciding its fate!!!

vriship

Adept
the cars has served for around 75000kms...

current work to be done will cost me around 30k [power steering pump & rack + o2 sensor]

the car is in perfect cosmetic condition..

now i am very confused

1. should i sell it off ? if yes then what can i expect out of it? [ it has 15" alloys and cd player + sony xm 50x z amp and pioneer sub]

2. should i engine mod it for which max my dad is ready to shell out [90k including cost of the repairs for above parts]? if yes then pls tell me what all essential upgrades i have to do and its approximate cost

pls help me out of it

i read few threads on team bhp but as i am a complete noob about cars, didnt understand a head or tail of the parts mentioned for mods..

if you are planing to sell the car it would fetch u in and around 1.75lac also depends wher u are located. best if u can visit carwale.com and get your evaluation done for the car.

about modifying the car. there are several options available. it all depends on you how you want to spent the money you hav i.e. do you want to modify jsut the appearance of your car, the performance or both.

and even if u plan to mod your car it wont make much of a difference when u sell the car(at most u may only get 10k more when u sell it coz, 2001 make and has clocked 75k on the odo)

engine mods u can do is adding filter, changing the exhaust system(but this will hamper your avg kmpl)

Since you said the car is in perfect cosmetic condition, there's no point selling it if you get <2L

Reasons:

1. Honda engine is very good. Expect atleast 1.5L on the odo before selling reasons arrive.

2. I suppose the music system are as per your choice, getting the same stuff for the new car would cost much much more.

3. 30k is minimal amount when compared to replenishment of a 1.75L valued car. My funda on same note is: Be ready to spend amount of 20-30% of vehicle current value if one plans to keep the vehicle. i.e. Your budget for replenishment=35000. Which is what you need.

4. Spending on performance mods is pointless though: -> Low kmpl, unnecessary part risk, lower resale if buyer doesn't understand the value of these.

Just my 2 cents.

[2002 Honda city 1.3 dx owner (1L+ on odo)]

hunterjack said:
if you are planing to sell the car it would fetch u in and around 1.75lac also depends wher u are located. best if u can visit carwale.com and get your evaluation done for the car.

about modifying the car. there are several options available. it all depends on you how you want to spent the money you hav i.e. do you want to modify just the appearance of your car, the performance or both.

and even if u plan to mod your car it wont make much of a difference when u sell the car(at most u may only get 10k more when u sell it coz, 2001 make and has clocked 75k on the odo)

engine mods u can do is adding filter, changing the exhaust system(but this will hamper your avg kmpl)

sato1986 said:
Since you said the car is in perfect cosmetic condition, there's no point selling it if you get <2L

Reasons:

1. Honda engine is very good. Expect atleast 1.5L on the odo before selling reasons arrive.

2. I suppose the music system are as per your choice, getting the same stuff for the new car would cost much much more.

3. 30k is minimal amount when compared to replenishment of a 1.75L valued car. My funda on same note is: Be ready to spend amount of 20-30% of vehicle current value if one plans to keep the vehicle. i.e. Your budget for replenishment=35000. Which is what you need.

4. Spending on performance mods is pointless though: -> Low kmpl, unnecessary part risk, lower resale if buyer doesn't understand the value of these.

Just my 2 cents.

[2002 Honda city 1.3 dx owner (1L+ on odo)]

yeah even i thought of the same and already spent around 13k today in changing the o2 sensor and rear shock absorbers, all original...

35k wont be a problem... even i myself removed the odometer cluster and planning to do some self mods to it [as in change the lamp colors or the dials]

if any one can give me any tips on modding it, then would be great!!

frankly speaking i am very bored looking at the same thing again n again so if anyone can guide me on what visual mods to go for, then it would be great.. even planning to do a entire paint job with body kit [after a month or two]...

even planning for engine mods [ from what i understand, i am thinking of K&N air filter, dunno the cost and a free flow exhaust system]

if any one can suggest what free flow exhaust system and filter type should i go for with budget 15-18k max for both...

Back