Monitors 22/24" LCD suggestion

Jasku

Skilled
Hi guys,

I am selling off my current 22' LCD VX2245WM to one of my friends, and so would like to get a new, preferably a 24', but I think I would also settle for a 22' S-IPS panel.

I really dont know much about panels, so thus far my options are the dell

SP2208WFP
E248WFP
2408WFP - I was very much inclined towards this but I have heard it has issues like input lag, slow response time, is this panel really not good?

I also did check out a few of the HP models but couldnt tell which panel it was, and not too sure about their service network too!

So I will be using this mainly for gamin/movies sometimes may connect my ps3 too.

Pls suggest guys. TIA

Cheers

There are no 22" S-IPS panels afaik. The only guaranteed S-IPS these days is the HP LP2475W which costs arnd 40 I think.

Chaos said:
There are no 22" S-IPS panels afaik. The only guaranteed S-IPS these days is the HP LP2475W which costs arnd 40 I think.

Well if thats the case, I dont want to spend 40k, I think max would be 25k, the Dell 2408 would be the best option?

P.S- will try and get a EPP, thats why 25 k

thanks guys but between the two 24' from dell, which is better to go for, is the 2408 really that bad for gaming??

Jasku said:
so then 2408 worth it for me?..gamin / movies on my 4870?

if u get it for arnd 25k...nothing like it...i hav been looking to buy tht for quite some time now...do let me know if u get tht epp and if u cud include me too in it...thanks

JeDiKnight said:
if u get it for arnd 25k...nothing like it...i hav been looking to buy tht for quite some time now...do let me know if u get tht epp and if u cud include me too in it...thanks

chic_magnet said:
^^ and me too ;)

this is a favour for me too guys, a friend's friend, so will try if its possible will report back in the thread.

anibhatt said:
slightly off topic, IMHO its high time we have a sticky thread for 22"/24" monitors..

:)

yea we could..

Lord Nemesis said:

thats nuts...alltho did see on from HP for 40 odd, looks like the dell S-PVA is the best option for me!! hopefully it wont be a bad decision.

Jasku said:
Well in that case the Dell E2408 would be the best option, any other suggestions?

Looking for current 2408 owners to pour in their thoughts. Pls tell me how is this panel for gaming??

you wont notice much unless u have a super fast monitor next to it like the NEC, or if you are really anal and would like to focus more on the issue than the actual usage

the color difference does show up when i use it next to my 2407 but thats it, playing movies at certain frames while running the same movie on both the monitors will show u that sometimes it lags by like 5ms at the most, hardly noticeable imo

Back