Monitors 22 inch lcd monitor..which one to buy

kumar007

Disciple
i am planning to buy 22 inch lcd monitor..is samsung sw2233 good enough....
It has 5ms GTG response time only.....should i go for 2ms response time.....
suggest me models.........

BenQ E2200HD is also a good 22" model in the same range(ie:TN-panels).

I am using it since 2-3 months and never had any issues.

and it also comes with a DVI cable which Samsung does not provide with the sw2233(not sure).

anyways check out the review.http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/benq-e2200hd-review-123285.html

retails for around 11.2k i think.

I dont have much idea about the samsung model..wait for someone to post the feedback.for 10k it looks like a good deal.

EDIT :

If you can get the DELL 2209WA ,nothing like it :)

^^ Come on man, it doesn't even have a resolution of 1920 x 1080. That means it's not a Full HD.

Y not go for Full HD monitors like E2200HD or 2233SW?

^ 2209WA is eIPS panel, better viewing angles/colors. What will he do w/ HD ? Only GPU requirements will increase.

On topic, Get BenQ T2200HD, Dunno abt Samsung, but acc. to Shripad, these new BenQ LCDs r best TN panels he ever used. I trust his words.

I had E2200HD before T2200HD, found no differance except HDMi/Spkrs.

yeah if on a budget get the E2200HD/T2200HD depending on the requirements. :)

if you can spend ,get the 2209WA ..its a e-ips panel and the TN-panels dont even come close it ,in terms of IQ and viewing angles !

saqib_khan said:
^^ Come on man, it doesn't even have a resolution of 1920 x 1080. That means it's not a Full HD.

Y not go for Full HD monitors like E2200HD or 2233SW?

by the way Full HD thingie is just a marketing gimmick if you ask me..other than the extra desktop space you get.

ive viewed a 720p and a 1080p movie on the E2200HD and trust me you cant notice any difference between the two on a 22 incher.

SidhuPunjab said:
^ 2209WA is eIPS panel, better viewing angles/colors. What will he do w/ HD ? Only GPU requirements will increase.

On topic, Get BenQ T2200HD, Dunno abt Samsung, but acc. to Shripad, these new BenQ LCDs r best TN panels he ever used. I trust his words.

I had E2200HD before T2200HD, found no differance except HDMi/Spkrs.

But T2200HD has scaling issues at lower resolutions.
If u have a card this 4850 and above then, it should be just fine cz u'll be using the native resolutions always. :cool2:
Else avoid this and better go for the Benq E2200HD. :)

Or even better if u take price to performance, Samsung 2233SW is way ahead of all of these. :D

is the samsung sw2233 good for hd movies and gaming ?.........games like crysis,nfs undercover......is it doing well ?..........

Nothing, even if LCD doesnt offer 1 : 1 pixel mapping, as long as U have dedicated GPU, U can force in control panel, Actually w/ ATi, nothing needed to be done, its so intelligent. I play games which dont support widescreen etc.

clown_abhi said:
But T2200HD has scaling issues at lower resolutions.

If u have a card this 4850 and above then, it should be just fine cz u'll be using the native resolutions always. :cool2:

Else avoid this and better go for the Benq E2200HD. :)

Or even better if u take price to performance, Samsung 2233SW is way ahead of all of these. :D

FaH33m said:
yeah if on a budget get the E2200HD/T2200HD depending on the requirements. :)
if you can spend ,get the 2209WA ..its a e-ips panel and the TN-panels dont even come close it ,in terms of IQ and viewing angles !
by the way Full HD thingie is just a marketing gimmick if you ask me..other than the extra desktop space you get.

ive viewed a 720p and a 1080p movie on the E2200HD and trust me you cant notice any difference between the two on a 22 incher.

Plus 1

On a 22" it doesn't matter if it's Full HD or not , it doesn't matter it seems 99% the same. :)

So if you want a full HD one then go in for a 24"er

finally i concluded this
samsung 2233ws for movies ,games........
benq e2200hd for movies not for games........
dell ?..................................

in dell can anyone suggest me good model...............wat about Dell G2410 24" LED Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor?.............
i am buying any of the above model next week.............suggest soon.........

If its 22' then look no further than a Benq E2200HD , if u have a HD 4850 then you can even game at 1920x1080 resolution i have had no issues yet and games are running at a playable FPS with eyecandy on.

I have no idea about 24' , so no comments there.

benq e2200hd has blurring promblem while playing games like nfs undercover.....latest version of games.........it has nothing to do with graphics card.........

kumar007 said:
benq e2200hd has blurring promblem while playing games like nfs undercover.....latest version of games.........it has nothing to do with graphics card.........

wht!!

i play grid and pure on 1080p reso on this lcd..and theres not been a single instance where i felt tht its ghosting or bluring...

latest versions?? cod 4, cod 5, wanted , mirrors edge , fallout 3 , dmc 4 , hawx..played all of em so far..been a joyride with this lcd..

depends alot on the hardware too...the bluring u mentioned might be low framing..cuz of low specs of ur machine..

also to be able to play on tht res...u need atleast a 4850..

i bought samsung 2233w..........for 10450.........in sethia infotech chennai it is 10300.........i went some other shop.....i wil post my review on it in up coming days...........at this moment......i can say game in this lcd is just awesome..........need time for complete review..........

Back