Monitors 24" LCD for use with PS3...?

Infected

Skilled
Hi
can someone recommend me a new LCD to rep[lace my Viewsonic 2235vm.
My budget is 12K, this needs to have HDMI input and should be HDPC supported as it needs to be used with a PS3 as well as my primary monitor.
I was looking at G2412HD from Benq but not sure if it supports PS3 ...?
Thanks a lot

Please note HDMI is not a necessity but a convenience. You need to have either HDMI/DVI(you need a converter in this case) with HDCP compatibility on your monitor.

^^ currenty using the DVi to HDMI convertor and it is not working with the viewsonic 2235vm...

Any clue why?

If this works out I dont want another monitor..

u2 pm replied sorry...

Humm, I never thought of that is it supposed to just work without an issue?

I assumed it owuld be fine...I get no display on my monitor, it is a small adapter...

I have been using the Dell S2409W with a ps3 for a year and so far very happy with it. I think there is an offer on this forum somewhere for 12.5k.

Infected said:
^^ currenty using the DVi to HDMI convertor and it is not working with the viewsonic 2235vm...
Any clue why?

It should work. The highest resolution of yhour monitor is 1680x1050 right? Is your PS3 output set to 1080p? Have you tried dropping that to 720p?

Infected said:

Any clue why?

Your monitor doesn't have HDCP support. So it won't play encrypted HD content which includes PS3. As I said look for monitor with DVI or HDMI inputs with HDCP compatibility. All the new monitors should have this.

Your monitor doesn't have HDCP support. So it won't play encrypted HD content which includes PS3. As I said look for monitor with DVI or HDMI inputs with HDCP compatibility.

Exactly, I thought as much.

Anyone using the G2412 with the ps3? It says HDCP supported * , where as for E series it has no start and even states works with the PS3 but it does not say that for the G series so I was confused?

*Custom specifications may vary by model. Please refer to the specification chart to review each model in detail.

links:

http://www.benq.co.in/products/LCD/?product=1489&page=specifications

http://www.benq.co.in/products/LCD/?product=1376&page=specifications

just want to be sure the ps3 would work...

Back