Monitors 24" Lcd

I'm supposed to buy a new 24" LCD in place of the New (RMA'ed for 226BW) Samsung T220 22" which I will be selling off.
Thinking of buying Dell S2409W ..
Do you guys have anything in mind or something better which you would recommend. (PS - I want Full HD)

you may wait for this one to hit india....

lgw2353v.jpg

W53 SMART Monitors series

Sizes range from 18.5- to 27-inches, and the models 21.5-inch and up do 1920 x 1080p Full HD at 16:9. The displays also offer contrast ratios up to 50,000:1, and 2ms response times. The lineup should hit worldwide this month..........

sickizblank said:
^^ Hmm

Can someone compare 24" of this LG model with the Dell S2409W? :D

If it's TN, it's not going to do any wonder. IMO, it's better to spend 20K (someone here is selling it for 14k) and get Dell's 2209WA based on eIPS than go for a TN-based 24" monitor. Of course, nothing better if you can afford/find one of these:

HP LP2475w 24-inch Widescreen LCD Monitor specifications - HP Small & Medium Business products

Dell 2408WFP UltraSharp? WideScreen Flat Panel Monitor

morgoth said:
If it's TN, it's not going to do any wonder. IMO, it's better to spend 20K (someone here is selling it for 14k) and get Dell's 2209WA based on eIPS than go for a TN-based 24" monitor. Of course, nothing better if you can afford/find one of these:

I don't think you'll be able to find hp2475. It does show on the HP India's site but sales team don't even knows whether its available or not. Look for other options.

One more thing I would like to know (would be better if you have used it).

I'm getting a 24" full hd basically for watching full hd movies and gaming as well.

So 1 more thing I would like to ask (might sound silly though).. The 1080p resolution thing is there just for the sake of being there or does it really show the difference when compared to other 1080p LCDs

sickizblank said:
One more thing I would like to know (would be better if you have used it).

I'm getting a 24" full hd basically for watching full hd movies and gaming as well.

So 1 more thing I would like to ask (might sound silly though).. The 1080p resolution thing is there just for the sake of being there or does it really show the difference when compared to other 1080p LCDs

AFAIK to really enjoy full hd you need a lcd size over 40inch.

And the native resolution of all 24in lcd is 1920X1080 only.

H@cKer said:
And the native resolution of all 24in lcd is 1920X1080 only.

1920x1200 it is. Although recent 24 inchers with the 16:9 aspect ratio has the res you mentioned.

Lol I dont see a reason why peeps opting 22 inchers go for the ones with the full-hd. Even 720p br/hd-dvd rips seems quite ok on my 24 inch LCD.

LCD manufacturers might actually come up with 19 inchers having full-hd res. Marketing idiots make a fool out of the poor customer. :p

^Yup i agree 100%...As far as i can tell "full HD" doesnt make a difference if you dont have a humungous screen....atleast 42".... I too was planning to go for a full HD 24" monitor but it hardly seems like an upgrade from the dell ultrasharp 22" i have now....But i have too say, that LG monitor looks SWEET.!

Back