24" Monitor or 32" tv as a monitor?

pratzgh1

Pratzgh1
Adept
Guys,

I want to buy a bigger monitor for my setup. Now the budget isn't more than 15k. And want to know what would be a better choice, a 24" Monitor or a 32" Full HD TV as a Monitor? Somehow, both are priced similarly and its always the Mentality bada hai toh behtar hai :p

But, i have tried my 40" bravia as a monitor and apart from gaming and videos, nothing seemed better than my 19" monitor. I know the pixel density and stuff, thus want to know, if the 32" TV will give me the same experience?

I will be using it mainly for browsing, gaming and perhaps movies (Although, I have a better display for that ;)). May be buy a PS3 later or Xbox 720.

So everything apart, will a 32" TV as a monitor be better in terms of my needs or should i stick to 24 upgrade idea.

PS: I can get any 32" TV in that range, got some sources. So, the greed is building up.

Well, in my personal opinion which I have experienced this far is that Monitors are much better for PC whether entertainment or productive works as working on big screens especialy at 32" size have been quiet uncomfortable. But this is just my personal experience let others pour in with their inputs.

If your sitting distance from a monitor is less than you should prefer monitor because it is more clear and reading the text is far easy as in comparisn with TV.

I understand the viewing distance thing bro, i did mention the pixel density point. although i just want to know would everyday options look good on a 32"? As, i know they do look awesome on a 24" or 27"(out of budget though:() monitors.

As far as browsing is concerned, the monitor would be great. But for gaming and movies, its the tv. now you decide which one you want.

Another option is to get a smaller tv. how much will a 22/26 incher cost? my friend uses a 22" as his monitor, as it looks awesome.

Another point to note while using the LCD as the primary display is getting used to panning the mouse across the display. Recently I had switched to my 40" display for playing Assassin's Creed Revelations and noticed that even the Deathadder with higher dpi takes a while for panning across the larger real estate compared to the 24" Dell I normally use. This, was despite increasing the dpi to the maximum.

Back