2580 x 1600 resolution display

mehta_april

Disciple
Jun 8, 2010
Hi Guys...

Can you please suggest some good LCD's except for APPLE-CINEMA and DELL ULTRA-SHARP series....having 2580 x 1600 or more resolution.

I use to work 14-16hours daily, sitting infront of the system. So please recommend a LCD best suites for eyes.....(if any).

Prices and Screen-size doesn't matter.

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
Jun 3, 2005
As far as I know, the only displays available in India with that resolution are the 27"/30" from Dell and the 30" from Apple.

mehta_april

Disciple
Jun 8, 2010
hmm Agree, but Apple provides a GLOSSY screen, which I don't prefer and in DELL the reviews are not really very-impressive...! So looking for other alternatives.

strategy

Skilled
Feb 25, 2010
is price does not matter try the NEC ones... but price might matter when you look at the NEC line up.

that apart they are the best of the best LCDs form the limited reviews i have read ..you might want to check the reviews though.

cranky

Skilled
Jan 3, 2007
Calcutta, India
First things first, no monitor will be able to prevent eye damage if you spend 14 hours a day in front of it. Be sensible, take a lot of break, work with lots of light and follow good eye care in practice.

The Dell 3008WFP I have is extremely accurate after calibration. The trouble with Dell is usually performance out of the box, but once you set it up right (and this can be done manually too) it works a charm for even pretty high end web and graphics design.

The 3011 is supposedly much better than the 3008 and post-calibration is one of the most accurate monitors you can get.

Two 1920x1200 monitors will give you more than 4MP resolution of a single 2560x display, but in a different form factor. Image consistency at the edges is usually the weakest parameter of most LCDs, so LCDs placed along edge are not so great if you work with single large images. It's fine for applications with lots of toolboxes and windows though.

If it doesn't work out for you a single large display is the way to go.

Which begs the question, what exactly are you looking for - Accuracy? Ergonomics? Brightness? Motion response? Just specifying a resolution is not the best way to choose a monitor.

mehta_april

Disciple
Jun 8, 2010
@Cranky: Thank-you so much, for your kind advice, infact you are absolutely correct. I'm more focused towards Ergonomics. I've liked this 3011 as well 3008,but I was thinking about the other possible set of alternatives. Thanks for writing cranky.

@anish: use to work with lotz of textures/graphics/web stuff, and sometimes movies too :). I'm not planning to go above 24" only.

@strategy: I need to check out for NEC. I've always overlooked them till yet, because I use to think them inferior than Sony/Apple/Dell as I've not heard lot about them. Thanks for the advice, I'll look into.