~25K smartphone for novice phone user

buBleZ

Skilled
Hi folks, My friend is planning to buy a smartphone for 25k. Previously he hasnt used touch screen phones or smartphones. All he has used are basic button models.

I have thought the following in his budget.

1. Nokia E7

2. Nokia Lumia 800

3. Sony xperia Arc S

4. Galaxy S2 (out of his budget)

5. Motorola Xt910 (Way out of his budget)

Please suggest if there are better options and what to go for. Pointers to any live deals will also be helpful.

Thanks.

Amongst the shortlisted phones, it has to be S II followed by Razr ... He should be able to get S II for ~27k at the local shops ...

For beginners, WP7 or iOS are preferred. Once comfortable, and if need be, he can upgrade to Android later on. From the ones listed, Lumia 800 if you do find it within 25K

Extend the budget and go for S2 -- thee king of all smartphones
<

He would love either of the top three choices.

He can go with any.

Take him to a shop and ask him to spend 10 minutes with each of these. In case of E7, ask him to check the Nokia 701 to taste Belle.

There is no such thing as a perfect OS for beginners or novice.

Decide your OS based on your needs. With the way things currently are and heading, you are not just buying a phone anymore.

You will be investing in a ecosystem. So your friend better decide what he wants and buy accordingly as he will get used to any of them eventually, so its all down to what he needs over time and not just for now.

I love the galaxy R..

As your friend is a Novice, and doesn't tinker alot with the phone, Galaxy R is great..

BugFree and great Performance Out Of the Box!

Else, check E7, if he wants QWERTY!

If some one willing to spend Rs 25k ,Galaxy S2 (say around 27-28.5 k is the ideal choice)

But it is not the King ......King's second cousin.

Right now Galaxy Nexus (40k)has the crown.but not for too long. Galaxy S3 coming soon.

k4ct5f.png

2rm0fuw.png

Back