Monitors 27" full HD LCD/LED Advice needed

vercetti

Skilled
Hi All,

Planning to upgrade my monitor to 27". can you suggest some good VFM monitors?

I need HDMI, DVI outputs. Optical out is all the better:)

budget is around 25k.

Main use is Movies, tally, browsing and some gaming:)

I looked into the BENQ M 2700HD for around 25k. Is this a good buy?

Arvind, 30k can get you a very good full HD LCD TV with an SPVA panel (Samsung LA32C530/Sony 32EX400/CX520). Given your requirements, an LCD TV should work well for you.

All of them have 3~4 HDMI inputs, offers an optical audio out and 5" of extra real estate - well worth it over a mediocre 27" LCD that has a TN panel.

I've been in the same boat.

Pondering between an M2700 and everything else Gunny described. I think you should go with the LCD-TV option.

The other options in monitors are the Dell Ultrasharp 27 incher & 30 incher, although i'm sure they are ewell over 25k.

^^

The Benq it is then. TN panel, Color reproduction is average...comparable to E2200HD i have back home, enough inputs, Good looker alright.

All the benq panels are similar. wonder why.

^^ You need a Monitor....but if u get a good quality Samsung/LG Full HD 32" LCDs you can use them as a PC Monitor as well with ease and better viewing angles. I will prefer LG only as they tend to come with S-IPS panels on all 32" TVs and above :)

If its a PC monitor-first-Movie LCD-second then go with a PC monitor types. I know someone who tried that with a samsung 26". His exp. were not good.

Dunno why, perhaps the text wasnt clear enough.

vercetti said:
I want a 27" LCD MONITOR and not a TV....

Understood but the 27" Benq LCD doesn't offer any better PQ compared to a good 32" LCD TV. The text could be a notch sharper. During the world cup semis and finals, I had my roomie's PC connected to the 40 incher via HDMI for streaming and the text was sharp! You could easily read it without issues. I could do browsing from a distance and had no problems with that either. If you are concerned about text readability, I suggest you audition it at a nearby Reliance Digital/Croma outlet with a laptop that offers HDMI out.

You wouldn't have issues with ghosting either. When you are gaming i.e.

And also, how far will u be sitting from this 27" ?.

That will serve better for people saying bigger panels. Isnt that a factor?.

* if it was last week i could have got u a new 32" full HD Regza for 25k. :D. Some offer for LnT folks. :D.*

There is also an asus available locally that out performs the benq. Dont remember the exact model no but it comes with an inbuilt cam and all connectivity possible. 27 incher. Why dont you call the asus toll-free and get more details from them.

good info...

I will try out the 32" in stores before taking a decision.

I somehow feel that a monitor looks more Majestic in ur desk compared to a TV:).... and I tend to surrender when it comes to ergonomics:)

Gannu said:
Understood but the 27" Benq LCD doesn't offer any better PQ compared to a good 32" LCD TV. The text could be a notch sharper. During the world cup semis and finals, I had my roomie's PC connected to the 40 incher via HDMI for streaming and the text was sharp! You could easily read it without issues. I could do browsing from a distance and had no problems with that either. If you are concerned about text readability, I suggest you audition it at a nearby Reliance Digital/Croma outlet with a laptop that offers HDMI out.

You wouldn't have issues with ghosting either. When you are gaming i.e.

thanks Supra... I will check this out:)

Waise bhi...most of my comp stuff have been got from ur recommendations only:) (including my 42" TV) :)

^^ ya check out the model @ Devi International or any other store where they have it in display. You can test it out thoroughly using a laptop/media player and if all is fine....order it from LSB if its the cheapest source :p....I heard locally also its arnd 29k or so

Whatever it is dont buy a 26" and above TN panel LCD Monitor/TV...it will be unbearably bad :p

32" for a monitor is a bit of an overkill I think.

+ if I was spending on a 32" LCD I'd rather get something with Truemotion etc. I bought a 26" samsung C450 series for 21k last year because the only impressive 32" LCDs had truemotion etc technology, the rest really did not justify their prices.

^^and What is true motion technology which could be a single point of judgement? (AFAIK...Panel, sound, sharpness, etc were something I was considering):):)

m-jeri said:
If its a PC monitor-first-Movie LCD-second then go with a PC monitor types. I know someone who tried that with a samsung 26". His exp. were not good.

Dunno why, perhaps the text wasnt clear enough.
For browsing etc where text is involved I find anything above 720p on my 26" very uncomfortable. Also, I turn down the "edge-sharpening" features, which helps a bit.

For movies/gaming 1080 obv.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

vercetti said:
^^and What is true motion technology which could be a single point of judgement? (AFAIK...Panel, sound, sharpness, etc were something I was considering):):)
This is not your first buy so I'll leave the definitions out, but I really liked the Samsung 100Hz Motion Plus AND LG true-motion features. I just did not have that kind of budget.

But then the idea of sitting 3 feet way from a 32" and browsing/gaming with KB and Mouse doesn't appeal to me.

Back