CPU/Mobo 3 Year old 1055T or Just RMAed 1090T

Hi

I am having a system with Crosshair IV Formula motherboard 2 X 4GB DDR3 1600 Mhz RAM and Athlon II X 4 620 Processor

I have been offered a 1055T Processor at a reasonable price

The CPU charts just show a 10% to 15% jump in the efficiency

Does it make sense for me to upgrade?
Will I really feel the effect of the upgrade in real life applications ?
(Mainly business applications Heavy graphs etc involved)

Thanks for advising

You definetly should. Better chip, more cache, faster clocks, more cores. Question is, how much is the difference?

1. The Apps I use are proprietary Stock market softwares like Indiabulls- Powerbulls, Metastock, Nse Now etc.

2. The chip I would be buying would be 4 years old. As such how much more life would it have ?

3. can I expect at least a 25% increase in my applications ?

Thanks for advising

Let us know how much you are paying for the upgrade.

From the apps point of view, even if they cannot use multiple threads, the single threaded performance of the 1055T should be higher.

4 yrs is OKish - but do enquire if the seller has overclocked or overvolted the CPU. In such cases, reliability is lower. Still, dont pay a high premium for the chip.

25% increase is possible, but YMMV.

Finally, AFAIK, the 1055T chip is a 125W chip. Will the mobo support it? Kindly check. Also, would you need to do a BIOS upgrade?

I doubt you'll get any increase in performance.
I think the apps you have aren't CPU intensive; IMO their performance is network dependant.

And not to forget, if the amount to be spent is on the higher side, a entry level i3 can outperform the X4 and almost match the X6.

Let us know how much you are paying for the upgrade.

From the apps point of view, even if they cannot use multiple threads, the single threaded performance of the 1055T should be higher.

4 yrs is OKish - but do enquire if the seller has overclocked or overvolted the CPU. In such cases, reliability is lower. Still, dont pay a high premium for the chip.

25% increase is possible, but YMMV.

Finally, AFAIK, the 1055T chip is a 125W chip. Will the mobo support it? Kindly check. Also, would you need to do a BIOS upgrade?

I have a Crosshair IV formula motherboard which officially supports 1055T. I am already on a higher BIOS so that is also not an issue

I will ask the seller if he has overclocked or overvolted the chip, but maybe even he has done it, he may simply deny it.

I would be paying 4k for the chip and hope to get 1.5-2k for my CPU

Does it make any technical or financial sense guys ?

Thanks for advising

Last edited:
For the kind of applications I doubt it. Not a bad upgrade though, as an X6 1055T users I can assure you the chip overclocks very well too so you can extract quite a lot of performance from it. Power consumption would be the only issue though.

FX Series CPU have a Beta bios in Crosshair IV formula Mother boards

Is it advisable to take a risk?

You have really opened my eyes

The FX 6300 wins hands down over the 1055T including the Power consumption

Last edited:
Don't worry about any Beta Bios.That FX6300 CPU runs quite well and can be OC'ed to get most of it which equals i5 sometimes.Just go for FX6300.Ok.

Asus Mobos are best and Formula ones are excellent compared to normal Mobos.

Just noticed that the FX 6300 & Fx 8300 series CPUs are not included in the supported list at all in the ASUS website
The 3027/3029 BIOS supports the FX 6100 & Fx8100 which are based on Bulldozer technology whereas the FX6300 & Fx 8300 are based on Piledriver technology

Are you sure the FX 6300 will work on the Crosshair IV formula ?
Internet search on the topic is very inconclusive and confusing
Has any member actually used the combination ?

Thanks for advising

Hi

I am upgrading my CPU from Athlon II X 4 620 to a Phenom 6 Core

I have a choice between a 3 year old 1055T and a RMAed 1090T CPU

The asking prices are 4,000/- & 6,000/- respectively

I intend to use the CPU for another 3 years before upgrading

Which makes more sense and value for money?
As I have a Crosshair IV Formula motherboard, I cannot go for FX series processors

Thanks for advising

Hi

I am upgrading my CPU from Athlon II X 4 620 to a Phenom 6 Core

I have a choice between a 3 year old 1055T and a RMAed 1090T CPU

The asking prices are 4,000/- & 6,000/- respectively

I intend to use the CPU for another 3 years before upgrading

Which makes more sense and value for money?
As I have a Crosshair IV Formula motherboard, I cannot go for FX series processors

Thanks for advising

You can use fix proccy - bulldozer core. I have used fx 4100 and FX 6100 on c iv mono running beta BIOS. Absolutely no issues

Back