Graphic Cards 3060 Ti with a CX550 Grey Label/Advice on 3060 Ti Variant

roygarg

Disciple
Hello Folks!

I'm looking to buy a 3060 Ti in a month or two. Will be pairing it with my i5 8500 for the time being. CPU upgrade to a 5600x is next on my list. Wanted to know if my current PSU is sufficient. It is a Corsair CX550. The grey label, not the green one. The estimated wattage according to pcpartpicker is 429W. Anyone using the same combo? If yes, any issues that you have faced.

Also, want to know which variant of the 3060 Ti should I go for? I have heard good things about ASUS Dual and TUF. I also love how the Colorful iGame Vulcan looks but it needs 3 PCIe connectors and my PSU only has 2. Don't want to go overboard with premium models such as the ROG Strix. On the other hand, the 5 year warranty offered by Zotac is tempting but I have heard bad things about Zotac 3000 series cards running hot and loud. Any brand that you recommend that has good after sales support?

Cheers!

It should be okay for now but I'd suggest getting a good 650w/750w psu when you're upgrading the processor.
As for GPU, consider colourful advanced/ultra, Asus tuf, MSI gaming x trio

My CX750 green label blew up when paired with a 3060Ti. Please buy a new PSU, released after 2020, a gold one if possible. I've heard good things about the Zotac 3060Ti OC and non-OC. Get the cheaper one as the performance is pretty much the same and both use the same cooler.

My CX750 green label blew up when paired with a 3060Ti. Please buy a new PSU, released after 2020, a gold one if possible. I've heard good things about the Zotac 3060Ti OC and non-OC. Get the cheaper one as the performance is pretty much the same and both use the same cooler.
Yup the green label ones are to be avoided. I had a green label CX500 for a couple of years before I changed to this one.
It should be okay for now but I'd suggest getting a good 650w/750w psu when you're upgrading the processor.
As for GPU, consider colourful advanced/ultra, Asus tuf, MSI gaming x trio
Thanks man. Any particular modular PSU within 6k that you would suggest so that I can buy one in a few months?

Yup the green label ones are to be avoided. I had a green label CX500 for a couple of years before I changed to this one.

Thanks man. Any particular modular PSU within 6k that you would suggest so that I can buy one in a few months?
The grey version is way better than the green version so it should be enough for you so don't worry about that

You missed the deal on some great tier A 750w psu that was sold for 6k some days back. I'll check current prices and update you later

The grey version is way better than the green version so it should be enough for you so don't worry about that

You missed the deal on some great tier A 750w psu that was sold for 6k some days back. I'll check current prices and update you later
Sure man and thanks. On a different note, I may just go for the Vulcan if I can manage funds for the PSU. That display looks sweet.

Sure man and thanks. On a different note, I may just go for the Vulcan if I can manage funds for the PSU. That display looks sweet.
That is a great card, one guy was selling a 1 month old card in FB but when i asked him he quoted 48k. After showing him the new card retailing at 46k he was interested to negotiate, let me know if you're interested in that.

That is a great card, one guy was selling a 1 month old card in FB but when i asked him he quoted 48k. After showing him the new card retailing at 46k he was interested to negotiate, let me know if you're interested in that.
Thanks bro but the plan is to buy a new card right now. Also, need to get the PSU sorted if I go for the Vulcan. Will let you know if plan changes.

Thanks bro but the plan is to buy a new card right now. Also, need to get the PSU sorted if I go for the Vulcan. Will let you know if plan changes.
There are two options for psu, xpg core reactor 650w gold as suggested above and MSI A650GF gold. Both are in the same price range and both are top (A) tier.

Back