Budget 21-30k ~30k rig for gaming, photo editing, HD movies

0cool

Disciple
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • No idea
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • I am open to upgrading GPU, RAM etc. if needed, so please suggest CPUs that are gonna support this upgrade in foreseeable future
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Bangalore(please suggest places if you have some idea)
    • Open to online purchase(only if you guys suggest)
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Photo editing/video rendering
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • None
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Fifa latest edition, 14 as of now.
    • latest fps like battlefield
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Used to 1920X1080 on laptop but if this budget puts a constraint on this then willing to step down
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7/8 64 bit
    • Linux - Ubuntu

well, i dont have time to give you a full config right now, but if you're on such a low budget, maybe you can look towards the AMD APU's with integrated graphics processors. they should save you some 6 to 7 grand on a separate GPU itself. gamings known to be decent with mid settings in games on 720p to 1080p full HD. I have no experience whatsoever with these processors. I just know by reading online because I myself am reading up to build my own rig and should buy in the next 20 to 25 days. Personally am not looking towards the APU's because I have a much higher budget.. But I have read good things about these processors. They're known to get hot though, so most of the people who've used them recommend dumping the stock coolers and buy aftermarket ones from cooler master or other reputed brands with copper pipes heatsinks n stuff which can be had within 2K.

about the resistance for second hand hardware, I wouldn't be so much against it. All I am suggesting that you look up stuff here that are durable. eg. dont buy second hand motherboards, processors etc etc the fragile electronic parts. buy you can definitely look up cabinets and get your hands on good ones for less than half price.. a good cabinet also goes a long way to give a satisfactory build and ease of maintenance.. cabinet fans (not cpu fans) from people who're selling just to upgrade and not because the part is beat up..

Last edited by a moderator:
well, i dont have time to give you a full config right now, but if you're on such a low budget, maybe you can look towards the AMD APU's with integrated graphics processors. they should save you some 6 to 7 grand on a separate GPU itself. gamings known to be decent with mid settings in games on 720p to 1080p full HD. I have no experience whatsoever with these processors. I just know by reading online because I myself am reading up to build my own rig and should buy in the next 20 to 25 days. Personally am not looking towards the APU's because I have a much higher budget.. But I have read good things about these processors. They're known to get hot though, so most of the people who've used them recommend dumping the stock coolers and buy aftermarket ones from cooler master or other reputed brands with copper pipes heatsinks n stuff which can be had within 2K.
Call this an intuition but i want to go for dedicated graphics card. I might be able to push a little bit say 2-3 k at max

about the resistance for second hand hardware, I wouldn't be so much against it. All I am suggesting that you look up stuff here that are durable. eg. dont buy second hand motherboards, processors etc etc the fragile electronic parts. buy you can definitely look up cabinets and get your hands on good ones for less than half price.. a good cabinet also goes a long way to give a satisfactory build and ease of maintenance.. cabinet fans (not cpu fans) from people who're selling just to upgrade and not because the part is beat up..
That's a really good suggestion, i think i might go for a used cabinet. Thanks. Apart from that, can someone help me with overall build

i will be able to help you out because am aware of market prices right now.. researching for my own build. but in a couple of days.. meanwhile. i suggest you spend time reading reviews on the net.. even if you've got no idea where to begin, once you spend a couple of days giving 2 hrs daily, you will have a fairly good idea of the direction you're headed in..
PS: just for a heads up, start looking with an AMD proccy as the brain... and build your pc around it..

Back