Budget 31-40k 32 inch 4K monitor suggestions

I've been meaning to upgrade to a single 32 inch 4k monitor ( from my dual 22inch 1080p ones) for a while. Been searching and following on amazon for monitors that fit my requirements.

I've narrowed down on Benq EW3270U. Its a VA panel, but everything else seems good, has USB C etc.

IPS models at 32 inch are very expensive comparatively. Models from LG and Benq are 50-60k atleast.

Before actually making the purchase, I wanted to know if I am missing some other good options.

I've been meaning to upgrade to a single 32 inch 4k monitor ( from my dual 22inch 1080p ones) for a while. Been searching and following on amazon for monitors that fit my requirements.

I've narrowed down on Benq EW3270U. Its a VA panel, but everything else seems good, has USB C etc.

IPS models at 32 inch are very expensive comparatively. Models from LG and Benq are 50-60k atleast.

Before actually making the purchase, I wanted to know if I am missing some other good options.
32 inch is only good for 2K IMHO, after using 27" monitors for both 1080p and 1440p, if anybody want to enjoy 4K, they must have 39" to 42" kinda MONITORS and with 144Hz rate to 165Hz rate is the sweet spot.

i find ACER PREDATOR 43" 4K monitor @ 144hz refresh rate in the market, and it is priced at 95K+,

If you are a BUDGET user, 4K @ 32" is waste of money, 2K @ 32" is the right choice and can settle down with a 1070 GPU to crack 144Hz refresh rate @ 2K is awesome.

Yep, bought it already.
32 inch is only good for 2K IMHO, after using 27" monitors for both 1080p and 1440p, if anybody want to enjoy 4K, they must have 39" to 42" kinda MONITORS and with 144Hz rate to 165Hz rate is the sweet spot.

i find ACER PREDATOR 43" 4K monitor @ 144hz refresh rate in the market, and it is priced at 95K+,

If you are a BUDGET user, 4K @ 32" is waste of money, 2K @ 32" is the right choice and can settle down with a 1070 GPU to crack 144Hz refresh rate @ 2K is awesome.

Not everybody who is purchasing computer parts is a gamer, people have other uses for a computer too.

Not once in the original post have I mentioned gaming. I need my monitor to display super crisp text, as that is what I have to look at all day for work.

As for the 4k at 32 inch being a waste, I could honestly use 5k or 6k at 32inches, as 4k at 32inches isnt quite as crisp as I had hoped.

Last edited:
Yep, bought it already.

Not everybody who is purchasing computer parts is a gamer, people have other uses for a computer too.

Not once in the original post have I mentioned gaming. I need my monitor to display super crisp text, as that is what I have to look at all day for work.

As for the 4k at 32 inch being a waste, I could honestly use 5k or 6k at 32inches, as 4k at 32inches isnt quite as crisp as I had hoped.
one can even watch 4K videos @ 27 INCH, it depends on how powerful your eyes are??? to read crisp elements, 2K @ 27 inch is crispier and its not good for the health of eye for long run!!! now that's called as experience, People always show their ego and suffer later, good luck...

Hi all, interested in this topic too. I'm looking for a replacement for my trusty U2515H (magenta fringing). While the 32" size is tempting, general consensus seems to be more towards 27" range. Primary usage is work (Office 365, lots of excel), movies and some image processing - no gaming. Any inputs appreciated.

I was in a similar boat very recently.
I got a LG 32UD59 for about 28/29K in a deal.

While the panel was great for videos and gaming, I found it a bit underwhelming for text which is what it was intended for..
I was on a 24”IPS 4K and the text on this did not seem to be as good for some reason.
(Maybe because I tend to stand often while working and the contrast/ gamma shift in vertical plane was not very good)

The panel was eventually picked by a friend from TE who was on a EW3270U and he felt that the LG UD59 was better on the horizontal plane which mattered more to him .
I ended up picking a EW3280U - which is a tad more expensive than what I would have liked but I guess it makes up for it with the fact that I should hopefully be able to use it for a good 5+ years before feeling a need to upgrade .

If 32”is not a an absolute need, you should look at 27” 4K where there are far more options that are priced well.
Its likely that you will end up using both 27 or 32 at the same scaling level anyway

Yep, I do notice some fringing on very small text. I use it scaled, and have gotten used to it now.

Text rendering itself seems like it is worse on the VA panel somehow. A 32 inch IPS wouldve been the perfect fit, and did keep an eye on the 3280, but couldnt get myself to spend 50k. Maybe in a couple of years when we have some more choice I will get a new one .

Monitor seems decent but the brightness seems to be average at 250 cd/㎡

Max power consumption is at 150W. Seems higher for a monitor.
Read carefully .
max power consumption is 150 W when you use USB type C Charging of 65W
Also other factors like brightness and other usb devices connected.It also has WiFi built in and runs tizen.
IT IS MAX.

I am curious why a single monitor is better than two. I have a two monitor setup as well and find the physical separation to be better. Normally, one screen is connected to my work laptop and the second to my personal desktop.

I am curious why a single monitor is better than two. I have a two monitor setup as well and find the physical separation to be better. Normally, one screen is connected to my work laptop and the second to my personal desktop.
It's not about being better. It's about bezel less, clutter free and less space.

Yep, connecting a single cable from laptop to monitor makes a lot of clutter go away. (Although I have a big hub connected to my laptop).

Back