Monitors 32" lcd tv as pc monitor

gigy

Disciple
Hi all, Please let me know if there is any screen resolution issue in using a 32 lcd as screen of my pc. i intend to buy panasonic lx80 for normal tv viewing and for pc. someone had posted earlier that 26 inch has better resolution over 32". so please advice.panasonic 32 is costing same as samsung 26"

Thanks for the link buddy. i am in a kind of fix. this is my entertainment center primarily. have hdmi output for 720p connection. i am not going to sit very close to it when its used as pc, but will the text be readeable at 4ft?

i searched for the same issue almost 1 year backk, dat tym sony bravia 32" used to come only in S and V series . We even tried connecting a lappy to it but then resolutions were completely crap . It just shows the display but all stretched up or only in the center . In all in every way we tried to work ikt up but it failed . I dont know if the current bravia W series connects well or not ??

It works well for me. I use a 32 inch sony bravia with a 8800gt running on my PC.

I have no issues so far, and looking at this, many people have switched to a similar setup.

Gaming, browsing all is good. No problems.

SharekhaN said:
It works well for me. I use a 32 inch sony bravia with a 8800gt running on my PC.
I have no issues so far, and looking at this, many people have switched to a similar setup.
Gaming, browsing all is good. No problems.

And that too on a vga connection, right? So hdmi should be better than this, I guess.

well i to used to use a 32inch tv as a monitor but for me my eyes strain alot,when reading text since our eye as to move from left to right,so unless u figured out the optimum viewing distance it might cause some strain.
secondly i didnt like using a big screen due to the fear of someone peeping in to see ur mails,chat etc or whatever .:p

Think even Rave has a 32" LCD hooked to the PC with the output from a HD4850/X360. Maybe he can shed some light as well.

zhopudey said:
And that too on a vga connection, right? So hdmi should be better than this, I guess.

I wondered the same, until I tried (at least for my case).

At full HD resolution or even at 720p, the text is fuzzy/blurred to read properly. Even the colors are bit weird. Lack of brightness and bah bah disappointment. I tried setting the scale in ccc whereby we can adjust the "border" around the screen to 0. That made the text a bit fine to read but the colors still aren't good. Maybe it's the tv that's trying to "optimize" the input. Or maybe graphics drivers can handle it somehow? By telling the lcd not to "optimize"? (actually i doubt there's any optimization, since people are getting excellent display via hdmi output from their consoles xbox360, etc)

With the same hdmi input, colors(and text quite fine too) at 1360x768 look fabulous, if not better than VGA. The caveat is that bravia supports only 1360x768 max resolution via VGA. If only it came with DVI input (point!).

I heard it's only an issue with ATI cards(?) ati hdmi blur - Google Search and haven't had enough time to find a possible solution to this. A little bit of searching only lead me to check 1:1 pixel display in tv settings and scaling/overscan settings in CCC. Eeven some nvidia cards have such issues, but I couldn't find any for most of cards which are selling today.

And people seem to go fine with nvidia cards for this. Blurry image on HDTV w/ 4870 through HDMI - Overclockers Forums Another one having exact issue but on a full HD viewsonic monitor: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=605879

So if you are going with onboard graphics, you can probably give it a try and if it doesn't work out any way, try with a nvidia card.

OT: If anyone has a solution to my problem, please let me know, otherwise I'm desperate to switch to nvidia this summers. I hate leaving red :no:

Thanks for the inputs, i had almost thought of going with a 22" samsung with FM for time being and later movr it to bedroom once i go for a 1080p next year. Will stick to panasonic lx80 and post results.if there is any issue with gigabyte will cross check with 8200 of jetway board.

i use a dvi connection to my 32 lcd. am able to utilize it at full hd resolution with no problems at all. only problem comes when you need to do word excel etc work. u need to keep moving your head a lot to find a particular thing.

I tried HDMI when i had an HD4850 .. the text was fuzzy as hell .. gave me a headache .. tried with VGA .. got fine clear picture .

I have now changed card to 9800GTX but haven't tried HDMI as source .. will give it a go and see if it has same problem as well .

PS : I have a 26" Samsung 720p

HDMI does great for me, but my unit has only 2 hdmi inputs, so i need them for other equip. the DVI input does fine for usage, although HDMI was better and the cable was cheaper. Note: I have always used it at HD ready & full HD resol, not tried lower for normal usage ever.

Back